Rick Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Lush...
when I ask for a 2-4-1 she doubles it
Drinks- Good drink deals 2-4-1 on draft beers, well, and wine,
I think everthing is 2-4-1 after 9pm
Be consistent on your drink sizes.
I went a month ago and had a 2-4-1 draft
Came back a week later and jelly was serving drafts out of 12 plastic.
Tricia makes by far the best tasting and usually stronger drinks.
Nooo, not at ALL! LoL.
Rick Mason

Port Charlotte, FL

#24 Jan 2, 2013
Once a week is a lush?
Tigger

Cape Coral, FL

#25 Jan 5, 2013
Rick Mason wrote:
Once a week is a lush?
I was just having some fun with you, Hun...
:)
Bob Lowe

Punta Gorda, FL

#26 Jan 6, 2013
I went Wednesday night at 9:05 with a few of my friends and they told me that the grill was off and they were closed..... I went to Gatorz and ate their where we rang up a hefty bar tab that Sidebar could have had. Does anyone now Sidebar;s hours? Never heard of a bar and grill closing at 9 even for Punta Gorda.
You know

United States

#27 Jan 7, 2013
The hours depend on there business if its slow they decide to close! At one point they closed at 9 then it was midnight, I don't think they even know when they close! It makes it difficult to try to plan to go, not knowing if you will be served or not! I have been there at 8:30 and the grill was down I was told I could order a salad ! Lol what a joke
Then on a busy night I was served at 10:15 ! There is no consistency with hrs of operation, food , drinks or service! It's not very inviting when the servers act as if you are a problem to them every time I have been there between 8-10 they seem unhappy to serve us because they just want to clean up and go home
Marty

Punta Gorda, FL

#28 Jan 20, 2013
Disappointed to return and find Danny's gone. And after trying this place, I was even more disappointed. Food selection and quality has gone to hell and the staff has zero personality. Save your time and money and go elsewhere.
Tell it how it is

United States

#29 Jan 23, 2013
How much do you really know ? I am pretty sure pj and jelly the managers are married and the owners are engaged ! Get your FACTS right . Those two will bring the business down in no time ! A lot of people still remember Jellys stunt during the Super Bowl when she previously worked there! If not she was drinking behind the bar while working which is illegal ! Got so drunk she decided to curse out customers !! Oh by the way they also steal , it's just a matter of time the poor owners are dumber than a box of rocks I would love to know how much of Trisha's socalled specials go to waste ?!? last i heard the cook say the wanna be all you can eat crab was thrown away about $300.00 worth she ordered soo much and thought it was gonna be a hit ! Get real
Mathew wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the typical post from the competition that doesn't know what is going on. When the biggest music group around wants to play there the day before Thanksgiving you'd think things were really well. The staff can have a drink after their shift. It was taken away when the owners first took over because it was being abused. The turn over was great. They got rid of the people who thought THEY ran the place. With cameras all over the place the people who got fired got themselves fired. The musicians are told that they will be cut short if they can't bring in a handful of people or, receive partial payment. They choose. All I see in this forum is comments made by people who have 'other interests'. Maybe you should worry about your own place and stop taking shots at the Sidebar. There is a serious lack of professionalism which so many people know about. As far as I'm concerned this is a waste of time. You should worry abut the last 2 health inspections at your place. LOL. From what I saw that place should be shut down. You don't need to bash the competition to feel good about yourself. By the way, just to show how little you know, the couple isn't married, YOUR servers were happy because they stole and drank while working you - Josh! Danny's had a terrible reputation for over pouring and no controls. Think what you want. Fresh food is better than frozen. I guess we will just have to see who sat longer. I'm done with this petty BS.
Jenn

Fort Myers, FL

#30 Jan 26, 2013
I've never eaten here, so I guess it's not really fair for me to comment, but this place just doesn't look inviting or appetizing from the outside. I'm in Punta Gorda often, but always seem to go elsewhere.
Has anyone tried the East Indian place next to the ice cream shop on Marion yet?
Jenn

Fort Myers, FL

#31 Jan 26, 2013
Actually, after reading the posts here about that "Jelly" person, I'm quite certain I will never try it. Nothing worse than a crappy staff.
June

Punta Gorda, FL

#32 Feb 18, 2013
I don't know what wveryone here is bitching about or taking shots at each other for. Two completely different places. Heard from a local "coveted" band they were invited to Emils to see if they wanted to play. No word in their decision. But they do watch over their fans and after waiting!15 mins alone for their drinks while the bartenders chatted amongst themselves, I'm not seeing it happen.

Two owners, two styles, two separate places. Let sleeping dogs lie. Ask the owners of the Sidebar what's really going on and the $150k in amassed lies on the P&L the previous owners left them to sort through, fo profitability I men. It's amazing they are sill there and chugging along.

Use this round as it was designed for. Open communication and not fir bitching or taking shots. Get over yourselves emils and clean up the place, because when you google emils you get your filthy health inspection reports, not a professionally designed website.

Best of luck to both of you as you separate and move on.
Torpedojoe

Lehigh Acres, FL

#33 Feb 25, 2013
First visit at Side Bar since it was Danny's Downtown.
The bartender that served us named Jelly was very professional
and made us feel welcome. The Reuben sandwich I ordered was the
best I ever had. I don't know the new owners but wish them success.
DoobieDoo

Cape Coral, FL

#34 Feb 25, 2013
Torpedojoe wrote:
The bartender that served us named Jelly was very professional
and made us feel welcome.
They must have told her to clean up her act or else, after reading all of these bad reviews on here about her. I don't think she's been acting "professional and welcoming" for very long.
George Albrite

Cape Coral, FL

#35 Mar 12, 2013
Finally made it to the Sidebar for first time on a busy Friday nite. Not a very good experience for service was extremely bad and when food finally came out it was tasteless and just barely warm.I want to chalk it up as it being a busy nite for the bad experience but other busy restaurants seem to do better under the circumstances.
When asked to see the manager were told it would be a little while and no one ever did show up. I believe there are alot better restaurants for the money throughout Punta Gorda.
Larry Sexton

Port Charlotte, FL

#36 Mar 18, 2013
Tried to eat dinner there yesterday afternoon. Food was ok, not great, just ok but the service was terrible. Waited 10 minutes before a waitress came to take our drink order and then another 20 to get our lunch order. Had one of their signature burgers, strange combinations, I believe the burger was the morning after with egg. As I re-iterated above, ok but not great. Tons of televisions to watch what you want but overall the experience was a 5 out of 10.
Larry Sexton

Port Charlotte, FL

#37 Mar 22, 2013
We thought we would give it another go.
Ate dinner there with my wife last night and I must
say that it has gone down hill from just a week ago. Food was served luke warm, took forever to order and we were one of only five tables occupied.

It was fairly late in the evening, around 8:00 or so and the waitresses seemed putout that we had come in to eat. Service was extremely sloooowwww and never came around to ask if we wanted another beverage or not. The only thing that arrived on time was the bill.

We won't be back.
John Faris

Longboat Key, FL

#38 Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, avoid this place. Owners are obviously clueless. Menu is lousy, service is lousy. When you read down through these comments, it seems they want to blame everyone but themselves! They will be gone soon.
Brad Reinert

Naples, FL

#39 Mar 28, 2013
I agree completely !! It is a hard pill to swallow that your staff sucks and are mis-managed....sad but true. Jurors and employees from across the street are told not to go to this place due to extremely slow service. You would think that when there is a pattern developing on comments about slow service management would be pro-active.
Brad Reinert

North Fort Myers, FL

#40 Apr 2, 2013
Went and checked out the recent health inspection..... http://data.gainesville.com/restaurant-inspec... .... This place does not even have the basic training required by the state of Florida for its managers or employees.... wait til someone gets sick from here (probably already happened,just no one documented it}. No wonder this joint is getting the complaints they do.....please read the health inspection and make your own opinion.
Jim

Fort Myers, FL

#41 Apr 14, 2013
Sidebar stop lying, your dirty rotten people who hire ex convicts fresh outta jail and YES your staff does drink after their shift I have seen it numerous times and if your not a regular you are ignored and treated like shit. As far as your food goes, it's DISGUSTING and it taste frozen, if it's so fresh why does it stink so much. Your response to stanleyandshirley shows your true colors, your rude instead of trying to cure the issue as far as ripping on Danny's you should be ashamed if I were them I would sue the shit out of you for discrimination!

Ontario, CA

#42 Apr 21, 2013
side bar was not so bad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Fri Sur 13 Beat 2,959
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Thu Liberal forever 2,121
bois Aug 27 Raven_X666 1
Boys Aug 27 Raven_X666 1
Naples woman steals cell mate's debit card number Aug 23 NWAC 18
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Aug 23 Sadira Snape 2,456
Drunk driver strikes helicopters Aug 15 huey much 1
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Harbor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte Harbor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••