My "Lay-Off conspiracy theory" : Nailed it! - Far Fetched - or Re-think Yourself

Posted in the Charlotte Court House Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2013
macieseacrist260

Latham, NY

#1 Nov 9, 2013
My "Lay-Off conspiracy theory" : Nailed it!- Far Fetched - or Re-think Yourself idiot!!?Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on any aspect of this "Theory".

Hunting for jobs has shown me that major companies appear to be taking advantage of the ability to "Hand Select" and hold out for the perfect match on nearly any position out there. Right now I'm seeing demands like - 8 yrs experience, PHD's or Master's Degrees, and other outrageous demands to fill the requirements of many positions out there. Yet, these positions are only willing to pay $18-$20/hr.
Who (with those qualifications) is willing to accept $18/hr? And to top it off, Companies are making many positions temporary or contract, where they're not privi. to benefits and so forth.

Here's the theory (or my question)... I know it's a dirty trick, but if companies are checking social networking sites (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Myspace), what's to say they're not checking public records and determining who gets the job based off of that info. also? Wouldn't you consider a person who's married, has kids, and a mortgage more of a Liability / Risk than someone who doesn't have major bills and obligations? Which takes me to the next part of the Theory, Who's a harder person to "Let Go" of come lay-off time ... Mr. or Mrs. Mortgage or "Jonny Renter" with less obligations?(Try it yourself on the internet, look up your county public records and find yourself under Deeds or mortgage, if you have one. It takes 5 min. if you know where to look. All you need is a name & address and you'll see the exact dollar amount owed on anyone's property.)
I guess to "Sum it Up", my theory is: Major companies may be using any and all resources (even public records) to "Sift & Fine tooth Comb" through their applicants before making any hiring decisions. It's not fair, but that's not saying that it's not happening.

So tell me..."Nailed it!" - "Far Fetched", or "Re-think Yourself Idiot"
macybumpass038

Latham, NY

#2 Nov 9, 2013
macieseacrist260 wrote:
My "Lay-Off conspiracy theory" : Nailed it!- Far Fetched - or Re-think Yourself idiot!!?Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on any aspect of this "Theory".

Hunting for jobs has shown me that major companies appear to be taking advantage of the ability to "Hand Select" and hold out for the perfect match on nearly any position out there. Right now I'm seeing demands like - 8 yrs experience, PHD's or Master's Degrees, and other outrageous demands to fill the requirements of many positions out there. Yet, these positions are only willing to pay $18-$20/hr.
Who (with those qualifications) is willing to accept $18/hr? And to top it off, Companies are making many positions temporary or contract, where they're not privi. to benefits and so forth.

Here's the theory (or my question)... I know it's a dirty trick, but if companies are checking social networking sites (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Myspace), what's to say they're not checking public records and determining who gets the job based off of that info. also? Wouldn't you consider a person who's married, has kids, and a mortgage more of a Liability / Risk than someone who doesn't have major bills and obligations? Which takes me to the next part of the Theory, Who's a harder person to "Let Go" of come lay-off time ... Mr. or Mrs. Mortgage or "Jonny Renter" with less obligations?(Try it yourself on the internet, look up your county public records and find yourself under Deeds or mortgage, if you have one. It takes 5 min. if you know where to look. All you need is a name & address and you'll see the exact dollar amount owed on anyone's property.)
I guess to "Sum it Up", my theory is: Major companies may be using any and all resources (even public records) to "Sift & Fine tooth Comb" through their applicants before making any hiring decisions. It's not fair, but that's not saying that it's not happening.

So tell me..."Nailed it!" - "Far Fetched", or "Re-think Yourself Idiot".
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Court House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Title Pawn/Loan Mistake? (Dec '13) May '14 Curious 3
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
Where is the best place to apply for a car loan? (Dec '13) Mar '14 mikethom 3
Doris Brooks (Jan '14) Jan '14 Renter 1
How can I get a list of all my bills including ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 dehyzumaraf 2
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Court House Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte Court House People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte Court House News, Events & Info