Has anyone received their 2014 wv sta...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Elaine McCauley

Ridgeley, WV

#87 Apr 29, 2014
keb3785 wrote:
Still nothing. still says not been processed. Ive just given up at this point. Its now been over 6 weeks
Hi, I am unsure if I am posting correctly. But I was wondering if anyone sent in a paper return and opted for direct deposit, and if so, how long it took to receive their refund. I send mine out March 12 and that is the date the WV state tax dept has. For at least 4 weeks, I have been getting the message online saying it was received but being worked. I called last week and they said it had only been about 6 weeks and 8 weeks is the minimum. Just wondering if anyone filed by mail and chose direct deposit, how long it took to receive the refund. Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much.
MRU

Beckley, WV

#88 Apr 29, 2014
I electronically filed at Jackson Hewitt in mid January. Had my federal return deposited within 2 weeks. Still waiting on the incompetent state tax
Dept to do their job... I'm starting to wonder if it's truly incompetence or they're hoarding all the refunds to collect interest on the funds? They've had my return nearly 4 months. If they're doing this to a lot of people, like it seems they are, then they're making a good bit of money with this scam.
Wv glory

Harrisville, WV

#89 Apr 30, 2014
Hmmmm 103k and getting money back from WV? Wow- how? We made 70 and have kids and paying more
Elaine

Ridgeley, WV

#90 Apr 30, 2014
Wv glory wrote:
Hmmmm 103k and getting money back from WV? Wow- how? We made 70 and have kids and paying more
We made 70k, have one kid and I get an education credit; we have a small refund from the state coming eventually... However, we have extra held out to avoid having to pay and claim zero instead of three. Working on 50 days since the date they have as it being filed and still nothing.
Why

Washington, DC

#91 May 2, 2014
Why is it taking so long for my state refund to come back? TurboTax takes money to have them both to be delivered on the same date. Not realizing what I just paid for, because the state normally arrives before IRS check. Working on my 3rd week.....waiting! I called turbo after not seeing it's arrival with the other and they're response was......we don't handle state......go figure. Can someone tell me there is hope soon and if you know the days in which they deposit
Elaine

Ridgeley, WV

#92 May 2, 2014
Why wrote:
Why is it taking so long for my state refund to come back? TurboTax takes money to have them both to be delivered on the same date. Not realizing what I just paid for, because the state normally arrives before IRS check. Working on my 3rd week.....waiting! I called turbo after not seeing it's arrival with the other and they're response was......we don't handle state......go figure. Can someone tell me there is hope soon and if you know the days in which they deposit
I was also wondering about the deposit days.
keb3785

Connellsville, PA

#93 May 6, 2014
so online FINALLY says it is being worked....over 3 months after it was accepted. so does anyone know how long it takes them to "WORK" it???
Elaine

Ridgeley, WV

#94 May 7, 2014
keb3785 wrote:
so online FINALLY says it is being worked....over 3 months after it was accepted. so does anyone know how long it takes them to "WORK" it???
Mine has been "being worked" for about 6 weeks. I'm beginning to get frustrated about it. The date they gave me as received is March 12. It is May 7 today and I haven't heard a thing from them.
keb3785

Connellsville, PA

#95 May 7, 2014
so i got my refund finally! it was $10.19 more than it should be with no explanation. I'm assuming interest???? anyone have a clue how they pay interest and when it starts?
Elaine

Philadelphia, PA

#96 May 7, 2014
keb3785 wrote:
so i got my refund finally! it was $10.19 more than it should be with no explanation. I'm assuming interest???? anyone have a clue how they pay interest and when it starts?
How long did it take and did you ever file or paper return? I called them again today and he said it was taking closer to 10-12 weeks this year. It's been at least 8 for us.
rico

Youngstown, OH

#97 May 10, 2014
Is just sad how some of us work our #@&%*** to another people have a good service and I bet they make more money than me and they take like 15 breaks. N 1 hour is more than 3 months and my return is not even process ... God bless them "keep working so hard "
Elaine

Hedgesville, WV

#98 May 15, 2014
I called last week thinking that by the weeks it had been 8 weeks, but the man told me the 12 was 8 weeks because that's the day I mailed it out. Mailed out March 12, May 15 still nothing. He did say that this year it was probably closer to 10-12 weeks for mailed returns instead of 8. So I'm 3 days over 8 weeks. Guess I still have a couple more weeks to wait. The bad part is he was able to look at it to confirm I had sent everything in and everything looked correct, and that it was ready to be finalized when they were ready. SMDH.....
nothin yet

Charleston, WV

#99 May 15, 2014
I e-filed on the deadline (Apr 15) and mine has said "being worked" for a month now. The FEDS had my direct deposit completed within a week and they receive exponentially more tax returns than our state does. I work for the state and work hard, but there is no excuse our system can't be more automated and/or efficient like the IRS.
Beverly

Bluefield, WV

#100 May 21, 2014
May 21.....still waiting. They say now it is because of the Flex Fuel credit on our taxes and they may delay refunds for quite a few more weeks. I think they are just banking the money so they can earn interest to pay out refunds they can't cover. Filed and accepted in early February, direct deposit.
rico

New Kensington, PA

#101 May 22, 2014
Game is just a game
mad

Charleston, WV

#102 May 24, 2014
My husband & I still haven't, we filed months ago. We filed our State & federal at the same time & we both got our federal a few months ago.
nothin yet

Charleston, WV

#103 Jun 5, 2014
I e-filed on April 15th and just received my WV state tax refund this morning via direct deposit. Ten days under two months to get my money back after e-filing.
Kgrace

Saint Marys, WV

#104 Jun 26, 2014
I still have not got mine back yet :(
e-pay

Cedar Grove, WV

#105 Jun 26, 2014
I paid my taxes on April 15th and they took the money 2 days later
jKM

Beckley, WV

#106 Jun 27, 2014
Filed in January and just got it today... 6 months later. Ridiculous. State tax dept lost our forms not once but TWICE. Sure this post will get deleted like most on this thread. Maybe if state employees were working on tax returns instead of monitoring topix, things would get done in a timely manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holbert robbed his mom 5 min Tom Clark 3
WVU will win a Heisman Saturday 2 hr Big pete r 5
I was homeless once 2 hr Not telling 5
Wv Supreme Court 2 hr Garbage man 4
Who got murdered at Garrison and Pacific? 2 hr State 36
Sonic coming to Kanawha City 2 hr Mama 19
Jealous haters on his site 3 hr Sherry 6

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance