loss wages for missed work due to wat...

loss wages for missed work due to water issues

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
worker

Hockessin, DE

#1 Jan 10, 2014
I wonder if our wages will be made up in any ways due to the food industry being shut down in Kanawha county
butter nut

Elizabeth, WV

#2 Jan 10, 2014
yeah soon as you get your 15 dollar a hour then you will get that
Sympathy Card

Paducah, KY

#3 Jan 11, 2014
worker wrote:
I wonder if our wages will be made up in any ways due to the food industry being shut down in Kanawha county
Answer: No.

When this little mishap happened down in western Kentucky, the whole economy of about 4 counties was disrupted for months.

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/publi...

People who lived on one side of the lake and worked on the other had a 100 mile round trip drive around every day. Commuter college students at Murray State University who lived east of the lake had to either drive around or drop out for a semester. Most dropped out. And nobody got a dime from the owners of the ship, not for lost pay or any other indirect losses.
worker

Hockessin, DE

#4 Jan 11, 2014
It looks like we should be able to get unemployment. Low earnings or something like that
rufus

Ridgeview, WV

#5 Jan 11, 2014
dept. of homeland security should pay you because they dropped the ball over the last decade in protecting our waterways and drinking supplies

Since: Jan 14

Charleston, WV

#6 Jan 11, 2014
Actually yes, the general attorneys office is handling claims for this! I myself work in food and have been out of work due to this! I broke down today and sent an email asking and they said gather documentation of loss wages and they will be in touch! I'm not sure exactly what documentation though because I don't have anything other then like my schedule at work or something!! Call or email the general attorney's office! File a claim! Make them pay you for ur time off work because I damn sure am!! That's the only income I have until I graduate from school! I am on my complete own and have to rely on that to make it through! It's not our fault this happened so make them compensate you!!
rambo

Oceana, WV

#7 Jan 11, 2014
yeah when it snows and you miss work get a lawyer on mother nature
truth

Oceana, WV

#8 Jan 11, 2014
just go to the welfare office and get a free hand out

Since: Aug 10

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jan 11, 2014
Business owners should be able to file for "business interruption" expenses either through insurance carriers or through the AG's office if they are collecting claims. Don't know about individual workers, but I'd pull together your past several pay stubs and a copy of what you were scheduled to work so you can document the loss.

Also document any costs for buying water, mileage or hotel costs if you had to go somewhere else to stay or shower and launder clothes. It may or may not be reimbursable, but sometimes the company's liability insurance will tell them to pay out flat amounts or reimburse those expenses as a "good will" gesture to try to avoid lawsuits. Just be careful what you sign - that this is just for current expenses or inconvenience - not signing away any rights to other claims you may have in the future.

Please know that I'm not in favor of people suing for every little thing; but you all don't know enough yet on how long this might go on or effects down the road. Best to keep records and protect yourselves and families, just in case. Good luck - we're sending good thoughts your way.
Matthew McCain

Charleston, WV

#10 Jan 11, 2014
Freedom Industries is responsible for leaking Eastmans Crude MCHC product into the Elk River Watershead.

West Virginia American Water is responsible for not removing it from the water they supply to their customers nor detecting it while first saying their plant was removing it.

Various city and state representatives are responsible for declaring a state of emergency and preventing 300K citizens the us of water without any evidence it is unsafe which has also crippled thousands of businesses. Also gross negligence for ignoring Freedom Industries Tier 2 form disclosure and not having any plans in place for a dealing with a leak when they were fully aware that the tank farm was situated on the Elk and less than 1.5 miles from WVAW's water intake. Over the years they've accepted 10's of millions of dollars of tax payers money to plan for events like these.

This is a terrible situation infinitely exacerbated by the negligence of many individuals. There will be a reckoning in the coming weeks and months and all will be held fully accountable for their failures.
Fools

Charleston, WV

#11 Jan 11, 2014
Lmao, let me know how this works out for you!!
Bunch of idiots!!

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 11, 2014
So what I get called an idiot for filing a claim because I'm laid off of work until they get something figured out!! I busy my ass working 40 hours a week and go to school full time so I can get out of the food and have a better life!! So who's going to pay for this while I'm off work? Huh? I damn sure don't see any of you guys that's talking shit paying my rent, my electric, my gas to heat with, my gas to get to school, my food that I eat! So until you ppl have to do without because you can't work then shut the hell up and get over it! No I don't want to file this, I honestly don't but what other options do I have?? I have no other income! I don't live off the welfare! I am trying to better my life and I have to do what I have to to keep things going in my home! I have no help from anyone!
Get in on class action

Charleston, WV

#13 Jan 11, 2014
Sue Freedom, sue the Water Company and bring a suit against Homeland Security and State and local officials too. They all should have been looking out for us and they did not do that. The events of 911 were supposed to bring about major changes for safety and increase awareness and preparation. Gigantic storage containers of chemicals are allowed to exist 1.5 mile from our water supply? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
sloth

Charleston, WV

#14 Jan 11, 2014
Get in on class action wrote:
Sue Freedom, sue the Water Company and bring a suit against Homeland Security and State and local officials too. They all should have been looking out for us and they did not do that. The events of 911 were supposed to bring about major changes for safety and increase awareness and preparation. Gigantic storage containers of chemicals are allowed to exist 1.5 mile from our water supply? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
Sue everybody. Whooo hoo. Free money!!!!

Charleston, WV

#15 Jan 11, 2014
The only thing I want compensated for is for missing work!
rufus

Ridgeview, WV

#16 Jan 11, 2014
the fire department loaded Dasani water into my car today.. I don't like Dasani.. who can I complain to?
Poseidon Pauley

Wilsie, WV

#17 Jan 11, 2014
I don't care that I've lost work and had to buy water because of this, what I'm going to do is give them the receipt for the soap I'm going to have to buy to wash my big fat butt crack! You have any idea how much soap I'm going to have to buy? Look out Bed Bath and Beyond! Here I come!
1 post removed
It Is Clear

Staunton, VA

#19 Jan 11, 2014
Matthew McCain wrote:
Freedom Industries is responsible for leaking Eastmans Crude MCHC product into the Elk River Watershead.
West Virginia American Water is responsible for not removing it from the water they supply to their customers nor detecting it while first saying their plant was removing it.
Various city and state representatives are responsible for declaring a state of emergency and preventing 300K citizens the us of water without any evidence it is unsafe which has also crippled thousands of businesses. Also gross negligence for ignoring Freedom Industries Tier 2 form disclosure and not having any plans in place for a dealing with a leak when they were fully aware that the tank farm was situated on the Elk and less than 1.5 miles from WVAW's water intake. Over the years they've accepted 10's of millions of dollars of tax payers money to plan for events like these.
This is a terrible situation infinitely exacerbated by the negligence of many individuals. There will be a reckoning in the coming weeks and months and all will be held fully accountable for their failures.
Impressive! I completely agree with you.
concerned

United States

#20 Jan 11, 2014
There are tons of lawsuits against Freedom for loss of revenue/wages from this spill. Bell Lawfirm is handling some. We should all be compensated for our lost wages and inconveinence through out this ordeal.
Margaret Richardson

Ada, OH

#21 Jan 12, 2014
Honey we can smell this mess in Morgantown. Please do something....fast!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton 4 min Just Sayin 65
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 35 min Need a job 1,376
Freaks Wandering in Charleston 1 hr Truth 1
Southern Kitchen 1 hr The truth 2
Father Son Drug Dealers 1 hr Slinging rock 2
Best pizza in the Kanawha Valley (Mar '15) 1 hr Moiky 74
Lester Scott 2 hr Iciedel 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance