Coal..Coal ?...Who Needs Coal ?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

#1 Jun 25, 2013
...Well, all you West Va. Obama supporters you will soon get what you asked for...West Va. Coal will soon be a thing of the past...the unemployment in your state will go up...more poor people...less jobs...higher energy costs...'YOU' voted for Obama....'YOU' will soon get what 'YOU' deserve !...(dumbazzes)
rockstar

United States

#2 Jun 25, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
...Well, all you West Va. Obama supporters you will soon get what you asked for...West Va. Coal will soon be a thing of the past...the unemployment in your state will go up...more poor people...less jobs...higher energy costs...'YOU' voted for Obama....'YOU' will soon get what 'YOU' deserve !...(dumbazzes)
Obama didn't even win a county much less the state. I'm not real sure what your talking about.
proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

#3 Jun 25, 2013
rockstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama didn't even win a county much less the state. I'm not real sure what your talking about.
hummmmm....perhaps it was Virginia....sorry....but have you heard that this Presidential Administration is trying to close ALL coal mining in this country which would effect West Va.?...and if so do you approve of such action if it is true ?
woah

Charleston, WV

#4 Jun 25, 2013
So, according to "proudredneck", because he was elected president, it's West Virginia's fault that he won...even though Romney won the state.

His name should be "ignorant_hillbilly" .

F*cking dumbass.

Morons like you make the educated populous of this state look stupid.

Crawl back under your rock with your snuff & your beer.

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#5 Jun 25, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
Obviously YOU haven't looked at the statistics.
More ppl are employed in the coal industry today
than 4 yrs ago. LOL

Who needs coal?

Well....for starters India.
They are buying up a lot of coal.
Own a few mines here as well.
hey proud

Moseley, VA

#6 Jun 25, 2013
No one said that at all, coal is the worst for emissions, that's why we do use it in our homes anymore. There is a need on an industrial level, in WV we use it for our power plants to get electricty. Politics have nothing to do with it!
schrodinger

Huntington, WV

#7 Jun 25, 2013
hey proud wrote:
No one said that at all, coal is the worst for emissions, that's why we do use it in our homes anymore. There is a need on an industrial level, in WV we use it for our power plants to get electricty. Politics have nothing to do with it!
Seriously.?.lol!!

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#8 Jun 25, 2013
Coal is being fazed out in areas
like power production.

All coal fired electric plants are
going natural gas. Another resource
that WV has plenty of. It's going
to take some time yet to switch.
(Plus that "fracking" sh1t they are
doing...could be a good source of jobs
but destroy the environment in the process)

But coal still has a large market
in the world and other areas of sales
are being opened up.
hmmmm

Chesapeake, OH

#9 Jun 26, 2013
"Arctic" I guess you missed the part that this administration doesn't even want it to be mined, period.. they want to tax exports so high that it would be too expensive to buy any coal from the US, therefore shutting down the entire industry..... Obama just put the nails in the coffin on coal, everyone is just waiting for him to start hammering them in..
Idiot detector

Charleston, WV

#10 Jun 26, 2013
You are all a bunch of dum azz's , coal mining in wva will never stop, it will one day not be union organized, might be now I'm not sure, but if we don't use it it will be shipped overseas, no matter what bam bam wants, he don't have the final call. And I figure if he did they will be looking for him in 30 years like there looking for jimmy! And no I'm not threatening him lol, I don't give a sit one way or the other
I found another JOB

United States

#11 Jun 26, 2013
Now you want to blame the government because you decided to terminate you education in 10th grade.
All of the easily mined coal is gone or will be gone in a couple of years (Eastern coal).
The coal companies and electric companies are not in business to ensure that a few thousand uneducated people in Appalachia have a job to buy a gas guzzling 4-wheel drive truck, go deer hunting, dip snuff and drink beer. They are in business to make money and please their stock holders.
Natural gas is cheaper and the power companies will use the most economical means to increase their returns.
Miners are not the only people in this country that have lost their jobs!
GO BACK TO SCHOOL, GET YOUR EDUCATION AND MOVE ON!!!
goat

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Jun 26, 2013
I found another JOB wrote:
Now you want to blame the government because you decided to terminate you education in 10th grade.
All of the easily mined coal is gone or will be gone in a couple of years (Eastern coal).
The coal companies and electric companies are not in business to ensure that a few thousand uneducated people in Appalachia have a job to buy a gas guzzling 4-wheel drive truck, go deer hunting, dip snuff and drink beer. They are in business to make money and please their stock holders.
Natural gas is cheaper and the power companies will use the most economical means to increase their returns.
Miners are not the only people in this country that have lost their jobs!
GO BACK TO SCHOOL, GET YOUR EDUCATION AND MOVE ON!!!
Coal is far and away the largest industry in the state. Take that severance tax away and you can stick your diploma where the sun doesnt shine. Doctor, lawyer, teacher, etc. Who the hell will you be collecting your income from? The state cant fund every job. Sure, you could leave the state like a flock of sheep listening to the shepherd.
Not2Proud

United States

#13 Jun 26, 2013
Go in there and tell that big hog to get off her lazy butt and get a job. You are no better than the other people in this state that require both husband and wife to work to support the family. I love this state, but put my family first. Find another job, move or shut up.
proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

#14 Jun 26, 2013
sorry fellas...I didn't mean to start a war...I guess when Obama shuts down the coal industry it won't hurt you guys...that's good...West Va is one of the most beautiful states in the nation esp. in the fall of the year...but be sure that Obama will shut down the mines one way or another...Coal makes too big of a carbon foot print for the liberals and as far as natural gas is concerned...its SOLAR that Obama wants to be King...He has already spent BILLIONS of U.S. Taxpayer money on companies...remember the ones that were to make a solar car and once they got he money moved the plant to Finland ?...also China...Our Tax Stimulus Money at work !
the non register

Moseley, VA

#15 Jun 27, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
sorry fellas...I didn't mean to start a war...I guess when Obama shuts down the coal industry it won't hurt you guys...that's good...West Va is one of the most beautiful states in the nation esp. in the fall of the year...but be sure that Obama will shut down the mines one way or another...Coal makes too big of a carbon foot print for the liberals and as far as natural gas is concerned...its SOLAR that Obama wants to be King...He has already spent BILLIONS of U.S. Taxpayer money on companies...remember the ones that were to make a solar car and once they got he money moved the plant to Finland ?...also China...Our Tax Stimulus Money at work !
rambling fool
the non register

Moseley, VA

#16 Jun 27, 2013
hmmmm wrote:
"Arctic" I guess you missed the part that this administration doesn't even want it to be mined, period.. they want to tax exports so high that it would be too expensive to buy any coal from the US, therefore shutting down the entire industry..... Obama just put the nails in the coffin on coal, everyone is just waiting for him to start hammering them in..
what would you expect he got dissed hard in this state..human nature to say "screw you" Karma
wow

Charleston, WV

#17 Jun 27, 2013
Obama is only doing what has needed done for years. fossil fuels such as coal is destrying our environment. shut them all down.
1 post removed
buzz kill

Charleston, WV

#19 Jun 27, 2013
Oh yea. If you r not a women... Then you come off as one.
Coal miner

Faber, VA

#20 Jun 28, 2013
wow wrote:
Obama is only doing what has needed done for years. fossil fuels such as coal is destrying our environment. shut them all down.
Every one you all need to donate your cars and really everything you own including the devices you used to type your responses.
BECAUSE WITH PUT COAL YOU WOULD MOT HAVE A THING.
SO IF YOU ARE AGAINST COAL TIRN OVER YOUR CAR NO LOGHTS NO ELECTRIC AT ALL

THEN SHOVE YOUR HAND UP YOUR A&& sideways.

You can't be a tree hugger and drive any type of vehicle.
even if

Moseley, VA

#21 Jun 28, 2013
Coal miner wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one you all need to donate your cars and really everything you own including the devices you used to type your responses.
BECAUSE WITH PUT COAL YOU WOULD MOT HAVE A THING.
SO IF YOU ARE AGAINST COAL TIRN OVER YOUR CAR NO LOGHTS NO ELECTRIC AT ALL
THEN SHOVE YOUR HAND UP YOUR A&& sideways.
You can't be a tree hugger and drive any type of vehicle.
Well put.. you are the "I" in ignorant. Natural Gas is the answer not fossil fuels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 43 min What ever 378
melanie metheny missing person (Apr '11) 4 hr Squirrell 702
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr ejlester21 3,991
Kevin Comer seen riding a black scooter 6 hr Skeeter 1
a local celebrity (Jun '16) 6 hr Snowflake 6
What's up with Amanda Barren? 6 hr liteswitch38 2
Most beautiful news lady (Jun '16) 6 hr liteswitch38 68

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance