Get Off Facebook-Get A Job

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Friend

Marion, OH

#1 Oct 9, 2012
Some people say they can't find a job but they have time to run to Facebook every 30 minutes to tell us what they are doing or thinking, even making up stories. They enjoy getting comments from people telling them that they are thinking and praying for them and feed off this attention. There are some potential employers who will check your Facebook account and your post could be why you were not hired. Also, quit bragging about how many FB friends you have. I find it odd that none of them had connections to help you get a job.
SawIt

United States

#2 Oct 9, 2012
I saw some posting from a friend using foul language, then he had the nerve to ask for prayers. I will pray that he stops posting on Facebook.
J-Lynn421

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2012
I would get a job but its more fun to stay on topix, facebook, twitter, ect and live off the state then find a real job.
hahahaha1

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 9, 2012
J-Lynn421 wrote:
I would get a job but its more fun to stay on topix, facebook, twitter, ect and live off the state then find a real job.
Ahh, you are trying so hard, but it's just not working for you. Back up and try again. lmfao
Brittney

Hurricane, WV

#5 Oct 9, 2012
And again immature!
hahahaha1

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 9, 2012
Brittney wrote:
And again immature!
And again, mean! And, you aren't being productive (your accusation to me). And, again, I am being nice to you.
Brittney

Hurricane, WV

#7 Oct 9, 2012
Did I direct anything towards you! Guess its your own fault if you feel it's about you!
hahahaha1

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Brittney wrote:
Did I direct anything towards you! Guess its your own fault if you feel it's about you!
Yes, you said this exact same thing over on the other post to me! Own up to it if you are going to say it, honey. THE EXACT SAME THING!!!
hahahaha1

Charleston, WV

#9 Oct 9, 2012
Brittney wrote:
Post 115 on the Kenny Slater discussion..... same time, too.
jswnwv

Bluefield, WV

#10 Oct 9, 2012
J-Lynn421 wrote:
I agree!!!
1 post removed
Amazed

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2012
I have a FB friend that now thinks people really want to see them in a daily video update. How vain to think that everyone cares about your problems when the rest of the world also face problems with money, their jobs, the cost of food and gas increasing. He also is unemployed, so I guess he receives an unemployment check to stay home and play on Facebook all day instead of looking for a job.

Since: Sep 12

Springfield, NJ

#13 Oct 9, 2012
This thread is completely contradicting, "get off fb and get a job"? Why the f!ck would you post a dumb question like that on yet another social networking site? Do you have a job? Must not, you've had time to keep up with all the fb'r posts n topix.
Chad W

San Angelo, TX

#14 Oct 10, 2012
Why do you all worry about other people so much? Live your life.
that one girl

Lubbock, TX

#15 Oct 10, 2012
Friend wrote:
Some people say they can't find a job but they have time to run to Facebook every 30 minutes to tell us what they are doing or thinking, even making up stories. They enjoy getting comments from people telling them that they are thinking and praying for them and feed off this attention. There are some potential employers who will check your Facebook account and your post could be why you were not hired. Also, quit bragging about how many FB friends you have. I find it odd that none of them had connections to help you get a job.
Says the douche bag complaining about facebook on topix.
that one girl

Lubbock, TX

#16 Oct 10, 2012
Amazed wrote:
I have a FB friend that now thinks people really want to see them in a daily video update. How vain to think that everyone cares about your problems when the rest of the world also face problems with money, their jobs, the cost of food and gas increasing. He also is unemployed, so I guess he receives an unemployment check to stay home and play on Facebook all day instead of looking for a job.
...but you're their "friend". Weird. You must care. There is a delete button, you know.
Thought Police

Parkersburg, WV

#17 Oct 11, 2012
Facebook is for stupid people. No one of sound mind would willingly give up that much personal information to whoever.
Christian Democrat

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Oct 11, 2012
Surely, you all see the irony of this entire thread, right?
1 post removed
To Obama Momma

Charleston, WV

#20 Oct 11, 2012
Christian Democrat wrote:
Surely, you all see the irony of this entire thread, right?
Yes, even I do... LOL But, I had to see what it was about. Could have been about Obama and Romney for all I knew. These titles don't mean a whole lot. We know that for certain!
Christian Democrat

Saint Albans, WV

#21 Oct 11, 2012
To Obama Momma wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, even I do... LOL But, I had to see what it was about. Could have been about Obama and Romney for all I knew. These titles don't mean a whole lot. We know that for certain!
Yeah, same here. If I post about how dumb posting on here is, then I'm dumb too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Oct 11, 2012
Friend wrote:
you're complaining about yourself! Lol that's funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best news anchor 5 hr wow 68
Working For Alford Home Solutions 5 hr former customer 43
thomas healthcare 5 hr Been there 32
Dale Earnhardt Sr. 6 hr jenn 24
Loans for Grandparents Raising Grandkids 7 hr tony 4
Tanisha Hairston 8 hr Veggie666 90
Crystal Hoffman got busted again 9 hr Ben 8

Charleston Jobs

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages