First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

Ardsley, NY

#1 Dec 8, 2012
I live in the Milton area and work in Charleston. I get on I-64 east and 2-3 times a week I get passed by a unmarked Charleston city police department vehicle registration "P/D 0901". This guy drives 85-90mph thru 3 different counties with no lights on, just driving to go to work in Charleston. Iv followed this guy numerous times, all the way to the CPD parking garage going 85-90mph.
Why does the city pay fr this guy to drive out of city limits and even 3 different counties that I know of?
ru2good

Ardsley, NY

#2 Dec 8, 2012
truth wrote:
I live in the Milton area and work in Charleston. I get on I-64 east and 2-3 times a week I get passed by a unmarked Charleston city police department vehicle registration "P/D 0901". This guy drives 85-90mph thru 3 different counties with no lights on, just driving to go to work in Charleston. Iv followed this guy numerous times, all the way to the CPD parking garage going 85-90mph.
Why does the city pay fr this guy to drive out of city limits and even 3 different counties that I know of?
Obviously you are speeding as well if you have followed him from Milton to Charleston and he's going that fast so what's your excuse for speeding?
A otro perro con ese hues

Charleston, WV

#3 Dec 8, 2012
I was going to ask the same ru2good!
truth

Springfield, NJ

#4 Dec 9, 2012
ru2good wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you are speeding as well if you have followed him from Milton to Charleston and he's going that fast so what's your excuse for speeding?
Yes I was, if he can why can't we???
drugswilldothatt oyou

Montgomery, WV

#5 Dec 9, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I was, if he can why can't we???
Are you gonna kill someone just because other people do? Gosh your pretty stupid! Wrong is wrong. Don't matter who is doing it, it will catch up to them. But you doing it because someone else is, is just stupid! Ever think he may he may be running late for a reason? Maybe he's on a shift that pushes him til the last min, maybe he can't drop his kids off til a certain time in the morning and he has to rush to make it to work on time. Maybe his wife is a nurse on night shift and can't be there to help out. If people would stop being so negative and bitchy and try to see good in other people this world would be a better place. Why don't you call in and get their name and try talking to them about the issue instead of bashing them??? Stop taking the easy road of pointing the finger and get up off your lazy ass and ask questions, mrs know it all!
ru2good

Ardsley, NY

#6 Dec 9, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I was, if he can why can't we???
So when you hit and kill a family due to your stupidity are you going to tell them that cops speed so why can't I. Your excuse was pathetic just like your original post. It amazes me how many people show sympathy to law enforcement when one dies in the line of duty but bashes them all other times. For your info not all 911 calls are to be responded with lights and sirens so next time think before you open your big mouth. Last but not least, slow down when driving on I-64 because I drive it every morning with my child in the backseat.
hmm

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 9, 2012
It's not the speed, it's the driver you morons. Some people can handle speeds of 75-80mph and still be able to drive safely, some people can't handle those speeds and those are the ones who cause accidents. I usually do about 65-70 in a 60mph zone and 75-80 when it's 70mph. I feel more comfortable and change my speed in accordance with upcoming traffic, obstacles, turns etc.

If you idiots would see past the OP following this guy and understand that someone who's salary we pay for is abusing the laws he is supposed to enforce, like if a teacher tells all of his students that no one can use a cell phone in class, then kicks back and plays Angry Birds in front of everyone. Just because you have the authority it doesn't mean it's right.
truth

Springfield, NJ

#8 Dec 9, 2012
ru2good wrote:
<quoted text>So when you hit and kill a family due to your stupidity are you going to tell them that cops speed so why can't I. Your excuse was pathetic just like your original post. It amazes me how many people show sympathy to law enforcement when one dies in the line of duty but bashes them all other times. For your info not all 911 calls are to be responded with lights and sirens so next time think before you open your big mouth. Last but not least, slow down when driving on I-64 because I drive it every morning with my child in the backseat.
U dumbasses try to lead ppl off the topic because this is pointing out he travels out of jurisdiction, high rate of speed and to point out spending city money to travel to work when all the other officers drive their personal cars to work. And should he be leading by example!
truth

Springfield, NJ

#9 Dec 9, 2012
ru2good wrote:
<quoted text>So when you hit and kill a family due to your stupidity are you going to tell them that cops speed so why can't I. Your excuse was pathetic just like your original post. It amazes me how many people show sympathy to law enforcement when one dies in the line of duty but bashes them all other times. For your info not all 911 calls are to be responded with lights and sirens so next time think before you open your big mouth. Last but not least, slow down when driving on I-64 because I drive it every morning with my child in the backseat.
And I do believe Charleston already had one accident of speeding causing death with no lights on.......
yep

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 9, 2012
Law Enforcement do not have to run their lights on every call, so do you think he could have being on a way to a call? I don't know where you live but here we have a high crime rate. Cops are also taught defenisive driving! They only run sirens in a major emergency situation or when pulling someone over otherwise they are only required to stop or yeild at stop lights and intersections and hit their sirens and lights to make ppl aware so ppl will move. So if you don't know why he is driving 80 down the interstate than pass him going 85 and when he pulls you over ask him! LOL Stop bitching because you wouldn't be if you were in a emergency situation! Cops can't win either someone is bitching because they take to long or because their speeding to get to the scene!
truth

Springfield, NJ

#11 Dec 9, 2012
yep wrote:
Law Enforcement do not have to run their lights on every call, so do you think he could have being on a way to a call? I don't know where you live but here we have a high crime rate. Cops are also taught defenisive driving! They only run sirens in a major emergency situation or when pulling someone over otherwise they are only required to stop or yeild at stop lights and intersections and hit their sirens and lights to make ppl aware so ppl will move. So if you don't know why he is driving 80 down the interstate than pass him going 85 and when he pulls you over ask him! LOL Stop bitching because you wouldn't be if you were in a emergency situation! Cops can't win either someone is bitching because they take to long or because their speeding to get to the scene!
Either way all law enforcement have a department policy that you don't exceed speed limits unless your running code (lights and siren)!!! State police have it, kanawha county has it, and so does Charleston pd.
Practice what you preach

Charleston, WV

#12 Dec 9, 2012
Ask Patsy Sizemore's family what happens when a Charleston police officer exceeds the speed limits without lights and sirens. An innocent woman died and her disabled husband was left all alone. There are no amount of apologies or excuses that can make that better.

Police are not above the law. They are trained to enforce it and they should live by those same rules.
truth

Springfield, NJ

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Practice what you preach wrote:
Ask Patsy Sizemore's family what happens when a Charleston police officer exceeds the speed limits without lights and sirens. An innocent woman died and her disabled husband was left all alone. There are no amount of apologies or excuses that can make that better.

Police are not above the law. They are trained to enforce it and they should live by those same rules.
Could Sundays DUI incident be a prime example of this topic? Lol
Mountain Momma

Charleston, WV

#14 Dec 10, 2012
yep wrote:
Some people also file FALSE D. V. charges against police officers.
EDRA

AOL

#15 Dec 10, 2012
ru2good wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are speeding as well if you have followed him from Milton to Charleston and he's going that fast so what's your excuse for speeding?
So what if she/he was speeding? I would forgive her just to know we have someone driving a City vehicle flying up the Interstate using the Taxpayers Dollars. The driver of the Charleston marked car should be smart enough to know someone was going to report her/him for speeding. The citizens of this state are tired of being ripped off by a crook in disguise. The driver should be investigated immediately. Lets hope this gets the attention of the right people or it will all be in vain.
EDRA

AOL

#16 Dec 10, 2012
Mountain Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people also file FALSE D. V. charges against police officers.
Here we go again - another dirty cop taking up for another one. and the world keeps on turning, same old BS over and over again.
EDRA

AOL

#17 Dec 10, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And I do believe Charleston already had one accident of speeding causing death with no lights on.......
How could we forget the poor lady killed in Kanawha City killed by one working as a Charleston Police officer. Or how can we forget Officer Jones killed by recklessness. Charleston needs to give their officers more training.
Mountain Momma

Charleston, WV

#18 Dec 10, 2012
EDRA wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again - another dirty cop taking up for another one. and the world keeps on turning, same old BS over and over again.
WTH are you talking about? I'm not dirty, I am not a cop and I am not taking up for one! The only BS is in your comment.
Boone County Deputy

Elkview, WV

#19 Dec 11, 2012
The deputy that was put on paid leave due to him finding his wife with another man at south ridge, I mean what would you do?
I think if you find your spouse is having an affair and then find her with the man, really would you think right then I'm on duty and walk away.
I know he should uphold the law at all times.
But, as for me, it would be hard not to say anything.
I believe all your training might just be the last thing you think of if you see it in person.
I really feel for this officer.
Boone County Deputy

Elkview, WV

#20 Dec 11, 2012
Boone County Deputy.
I really do pray you keep your job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Simple, unsophisticated Hackers Growing More Ac... 1 min Anon- -PSA 3
Who got stabbed at the Broadway 15 min Jim 2
Peeping Tom Clark 21 min santa 4
Tom Clark fisting party 22 min santa 7
ROADGUY's BREEDERS AT IT AGAIN 39 min Coward Detector 1
Attention in the wooo 58 min Fedup 4
Perverted doctors ...ready set ..go ... 58 min NancySlimeSlit 16

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance