Comments
1 - 20 of 86 Comments Last updated Saturday Jul 26
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SFU

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 11, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I've heard all I want to hear about breast cancer and I don't trust the people behind all this breast cancer awareness nonsense. I think it's a big racket to put money into people's pockets.
A lot of people are making a lot of money off of these pink ribbon wearing idiots.
USTFU

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Get it and I'll bet you hope there's someone out there searching for a cure.
SFU

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 11, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

What a lamo response lady.

The breast cancer industry is a racket. Period. A lot of people are making a lot of money off of breast cancer.

And why is breast cancer so much more worthy than the many other ailments and cancers that kill more women than breast cancer?

Half a million women die from obesity related heart disease in year. Forty thousand women die from breast cancer. So why don't you put brown ribbons on cancer causing KFC chicken to promote obesity awareness? That would be far more appropriate. Twice as many women die of lung cancer in a year than breast cancer. In fact, obesity kills more women than all cancers combined.

Breast cancer awareness is just a way for a lot of people to make a lot of money and it has little to do with "the cure."

The breast cancer industry and the river of money flowing through it have little to do with the actual disease and far more to do with the profit driven agenda of those who derive a pretty lucrative living from it.
marchie

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

SFU wrote:
What a lamo response lady.
The breast cancer industry is a racket. Period. A lot of people are making a lot of money off of breast cancer.
And why is breast cancer so much more worthy than the many other ailments and cancers that kill more women than breast cancer?
Half a million women die from obesity related heart disease in year. Forty thousand women die from breast cancer. So why don't you put brown ribbons on cancer causing KFC chicken to promote obesity awareness? That would be far more appropriate. Twice as many women die of lung cancer in a year than breast cancer. In fact, obesity kills more women than all cancers combined.
Breast cancer awareness is just a way for a lot of people to make a lot of money and it has little to do with "the cure."
The breast cancer industry and the river of money flowing through it have little to do with the actual disease and far more to do with the profit driven agenda of those who derive a pretty lucrative living from it.
I agree with you! I know breast cancer is serious, but there are other equally serious health issues, like the ones you mention, as well as other deadly types of cancer. I like your intelligent, insightful comments about obesity and I agree 100%. I also agree that the breast cancer industry has turned into a money maker for a lot of people like the pink ribbon makers.
Thank you for your perspective.
huntin' man

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

I agree. You don't hear much from the Pancreatic Cancer Survivor Club, because there are only a handful here and there. Either they have passed away, or they are simply too tired to do much of anything any more because the disease has robbed them of their energy and muscle mass.

I am not putting down breast cancer, my grandmother survived it; but the NFL going from 1 week of pink to 1 month is a grand example of overdoing it.
Lauren

Alkol, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 11, 2011
 
What I don't understand is, all of this money that people donate to cancer research like millions and millions of dollars, what is it being used for? Cancer research places get so much money & they still don't have a cure??? really??? I don't understand.
SFU

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 12, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Thank you ladies! Sometimes just one person needs to speak out because many people are afraid of being condemned for not following the pack.

As a middle aged woman I know how serious breast cancer is. But I also know that half my family has died of every kind of cancer from bone, to kidney to brain cancer.

Yet the breast cancer industry runs the show and rakes in billions of dollars most of which goes to pay administrative salaries and promotional costs.

The Susan B. Koman foundation spends millions each year taking other organizations to court for using the word "cure" in their fund raising efforts. They consider the phrase "the cure" to be their copyright and they fight hard to keep it. They've sued many small fund raising organizations over it.

It will eventually come out what a racket the breast cancer industry is when someone finally stands up to them and refuses to brand their product with a pink ribbon.

The worst has to be those poor ball players playing in pink shoes or with pink baseball bats. As a woman, I find it very embarrassing and shameful to bully people into that sort of thing.

The most common cancer in this country is actually prostate cancer. One in six men will eventually come down with it.

Where are their ribbons?
Lauren

Alkol, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 12, 2011
 
SFU wrote:
Thank you ladies! Sometimes just one person needs to speak out because many people are afraid of being condemned for not following the pack.
As a middle aged woman I know how serious breast cancer is. But I also know that half my family has died of every kind of cancer from bone, to kidney to brain cancer.
Yet the breast cancer industry runs the show and rakes in billions of dollars most of which goes to pay administrative salaries and promotional costs.
The Susan B. Koman foundation spends millions each year taking other organizations to court for using the word "cure" in their fund raising efforts. They consider the phrase "the cure" to be their copyright and they fight hard to keep it. They've sued many small fund raising organizations over it.
It will eventually come out what a racket the breast cancer industry is when someone finally stands up to them and refuses to brand their product with a pink ribbon.
The worst has to be those poor ball players playing in pink shoes or with pink baseball bats. As a woman, I find it very embarrassing and shameful to bully people into that sort of thing.
The most common cancer in this country is actually prostate cancer. One in six men will eventually come down with it.
Where are their ribbons?
not being rude, but is Susan G. Komen lol
James

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 13, 2011
 
I agree,sick and tired of listening to it,nothing more than a money making racket for someone,needs investigated,put Anderson Cooper on it...
yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 13, 2011
 
i dont care to help, as long as it goes to who needs it!
sally ann

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 14, 2011
 
[QUOTE who="huntin' man"]I agree. You don't hear much from the Pancreatic Cancer Survivor Club, because there are only a handful here and there. Either they have passed away, or they are simply too tired to do much of anything any more because the disease has robbed them of their energy and muscle mass.

I am not putting down breast cancer, my grandmother survived it; but the NFL going from 1 week of pink to 1 month is a grand example of overdoing it.[/QUOTE]
I am in a breast cancer program now my mom and sister both had it young I am so thankful for the research they do please don't talk about something that has not affected your life like it has mine
Truth

Jeffrey, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 14, 2011
 
sally ann wrote:
[QUOTE who="huntin' man"]I agree. You don't hear much from the Pancreatic Cancer Survivor Club, because there are only a handful here and there. Either they have passed away, or they are simply too tired to do much of anything any more because the disease has robbed them of their energy and muscle mass.

I am not putting down breast cancer, my grandmother survived it; but the NFL going from 1 week of pink to 1 month is a grand example of overdoing it."

I am in a breast cancer program now my mom and sister both had it young I am so thankful for the research they do please don't talk about something that has not affected your life like it has mine
You made a great point...seems that more people survive breast cancer. That could be the reason it has such a large following. Everyone knows someone who has had it or has it.
SFU

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thanks Lauren. At least the slip fit though.

As far as what the Koman organization does with that money, they mostly pay themselves and perpetuate their organization by "raising awarenesss" but little else. Out of the billions they've raised only 5% goes to treatment assistance and 20% goes to research.

The rest goes to overinflated salaries (the CEO of Koman made $459,000 last year) marketing and administrative costs.

They also spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a year of donation money suing other charities for using the phrase "the cure" which they consider their copy right.
SFU

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 14, 2011
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a great point...seems that more people survive breast cancer. That could be the reason it has such a large following. Everyone knows someone who has had it or has it.
Everbody's life is touched by cancer. My father, grandfather, two uncles have died of it with another uncle presently fighting prostate cancer. Every funeral I go to in my family is from a cancer death. Because my family is not obese, they don't die of common ailments like heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. They live extremely healthy lives then up and die from cancer. It's most likely how I and my own children will die.

Breast cancer patients are not the only ones to come down with cancer. Twice as many women die of lung cancer and one in six men will eventually contract prostate cancer. Half a million fat women die of heart attacks a year. Should they get a ribbon?

The breast cancer industry butters a lot of bread. It prays on a lot of emotion to churn a lot of money and to strong arm a lot of organizations who fear being reviled as coming out "against" breast cancer if they don't comply with the demands of a fundraiser.

Susan B. Koman partners with corporations in exchange for donations and the corporations are then allowed to grace their products with the pink copyrighted ribbon and pocket profits from people who buy the product thinking they are supporting breast cancer.

Everyone's life is touched by cancer. Not just breast cancer yet the breast cancer industry is far more successful ay using the disease to churn profits, pay salaries and "raise awareness" (that would be those pink ribbons) while actual treatment programs and research make up only a fraction of the monies raised.

As far as a cure, there's no cure and most likely never will be. Only people in the cancer industry know what a fools errand that is at this point in human history but the cancer industry perpetuates the mythology of a cure to continue feeding the bulldog.

But then, they don't tell you that on buckets of KFC do they?

Breast cancer is a tragedy and nobody's saying otherwise, but it's not the only tragedy.
sally ann

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SFU wrote:
<quoted text>Everbody's life is touched by cancer. My father, grandfather, two uncles have died of it with another uncle presently fighting prostate cancer. Every funeral I go to in my family is from a cancer death. Because my family is not obese, they don't die of common ailments like heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. They live extremely healthy lives then up and die from cancer. It's most likely how I and my own children will die.

Breast cancer patients are not the only ones to come down with cancer. Twice as many women die of lung cancer and one in six men will eventually contract prostate cancer. Half a million fat women die of heart attacks a year. Should they get a ribbon?

The breast cancer industry butters a lot of bread. It prays on a lot of emotion to churn a lot of money and to strong arm a lot of organizations who fear being reviled as coming out "against" breast cancer if they don't comply with the demands of a fundraiser.

Susan B. Koman partners with corporations in exchange for donations and the corporations are then allowed to grace their products with the pink copyrighted ribbon and pocket profits from people who buy the product thinking they are supporting breast cancer.

Everyone's life is touched by cancer. Not just breast cancer yet the breast cancer industry is far more successful ay using the disease to churn profits, pay salaries and "raise awareness" (that would be those pink ribbons) while actual treatment programs and research make up only a fraction of the monies raised.

As far as a cure, there's no cure and most likely never will be. Only people in the cancer industry know what a fools errand that is at this point in human history but the cancer industry perpetuates the mythology of a cure to continue feeding the bulldog.

But then, they don't tell you that on buckets of KFC do they?

Breast cancer is a tragedy and nobody's saying otherwise, but it's not the only tragedy.
All women are afraid of breast cancer for a lot of reasons please stop making light of it.
SFU

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sally ann wrote:
<quoted text>
All women are afraid of breast cancer for a lot of reasons please stop making light of it.
Can you read lady? I'm a middle aged woman with a history of cancer in my family.

I mean, WTF? Statistically, I as a woman have a higher chance of dying about a dozen other ways before breast cancer but given my family's history, I will most likely die of cancer. Hey, no one lives forever.

And since you can't read, I will further explain that my issue is with the vast amounts of money being churned in the name of breast cancer that go into the pockets of administrators, corporations and Madison Avenue.

Did you fall and hit your little noggin?
sally ann

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 14, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

SFU wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read lady? I'm a middle aged woman with a history of cancer in my family.
I mean, WTF? Statistically, I as a woman have a higher chance of dying about a dozen other ways before breast cancer but given my family's history, I will most likely die of cancer. Hey, no one lives that my issue is with the vast amounts cancer
Did you fall and hit your little noggin?
. If you keep coming at me like this I will go through you with a spinning whirlwind of intellegence that will bring you to tears. Get back on your fairy tale ship princess before you are mentally beat down!
SFU

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sally ann wrote:
<quoted text>. If you keep coming at me like this I will go through you with a spinning whirlwind of intellegence that will bring you to tears. Get back on your fairy tale ship princess before you are mentally beat down!
Bring it.

But first, before you wow me with your "intelligence" you might learn how to spell the word.
van man

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

SFU wrote:
<quoted text>Bring it.

But first, before you wow me with your "intelligence" you might learn how to spell the word.
Yeah I think she just lost major credibility there. What a dumbass.
Spastic

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 14, 2011
 
sally ann wrote:
[QUOTE who="huntin' man"]I agree. You don't hear much from the Pancreatic Cancer Survivor Club, because there are only a handful here and there. Either they have passed away, or they are simply too tired to do much of anything any more because the disease has robbed them of their energy and muscle mass.

I am not putting down breast cancer, my grandmother survived it; but the NFL going from 1 week of pink to 1 month is a grand example of overdoing it."

I am in a breast cancer program now my mom and sister both had it young I am so thankful for the research they do please don't talk about something that has not affected your life like it has mine
Had you read this persons post correctly then you would have understood that they weren't putting down breast cancer awareness and that yes it has affected them in their life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Regional jail inmate dies after altercation 11 min weirdo 50
The Mountedqueers Weenie Smallwood arrested 23 min wolfknifes 10
erika buchanan 1 hr Erika 13
best buffet restaraunts in the area 2 hr Ryans Rocks 8
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr George 54,185
Town Sl*ts & Holler Wh•res 2 hr wolfknifes 5
Patrick Morrisey - Don't say I didn't warn you - 3 hr Wanda 10
What happened to chase carter 17 hr TruthB 88
•••
•••
•••
Charleston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••