Changes at WVDOH (MAttox to be replac...

Changes at WVDOH (MAttox to be replaced)?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Culloden, WV

#1 Nov 11, 2011
Who do you think Secretary Paul A. Mattox will go to work for once Gov. Earl Ray replaces him? I have heard he still owns part of Mead & Hunt (formally RPM).
Mead and Hunt and E.L. Robinson get the lion’s share of engineering work from the DOH, I would say that that has been by design!

I have been hearing of an investigation that is taking place involving WVDOH and Mattox and that is why Earl Ray is going to make the change. I can’t blame him, I wouldn’t want that kind of trouble while in office.

Anyone know what the investigation is about?

Anyone know who Mattox’s replacement will be? I have heard a couple of names including E.L. Robinson!!!!
1 post removed
Griz

Sunbury, OH

#3 Nov 12, 2011
Proud American wrote:
I don't know who Mattox will be replaced with. I do know that the WVDOT is a screwed-up agency that needs an enema. The U.S. 35 debacle is one example of their incompetency.
You talk a lot about sticking things in people's asses, Hallburn.
Bob

Reston, VA

#4 Nov 12, 2011
Proud American wrote:
I don't know who Mattox will be replaced with. I do know that the WVDOT is a screwed-up agency that needs an enema. The U.S. 35 debacle is one example of their incompetency.
How about a live interview with Mattox and an update on Route 35 for your website?
Melissa H

Charleston, WV

#5 Nov 13, 2011
The Department of haghways needs to be turned back over to adults, since Mattics has been in office many high areas of management have been granted to people with no experence at all, mostly young people out of collage with only a image of management.
Anonymous

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Nov 14, 2011
There are some good people working for the WVDOT.
2 posts removed
MArshall Fan

Point Pleasant, WV

#9 Nov 14, 2011
WVDOT_WatchDog wrote:
There are some good people working for the WVDOT.
I agree!
Clean it up Earl Ray

Culloden, WV

#10 Nov 15, 2011
Clean it all up Earl Ray! It’s about time...
Mattox will not care when he is relieved of his state position. The question is who will hire him? The consensus at the WVDOH is that it will more than likely be one of the firms that has been handed the majority of the DOH work, and he will have a nice big salary! Who will it be Mead and Hunt (formally RPM that Mattox co-founded)? Or EL Robinson (who Mattox worked for and then bought his portion of RPM when Mattox went to the state), maybe Paul’s Concrete! In other states there are laws that require state employees from being hired by consulting and construction firms for a period of 2-3 year (depending on the state), but not WV!
I just hope whoever replaces Mattox will give the power of management back to DOH district management as opposed to all of the decisions being made coming from the top. You cannot manage the entire WVDOH from Charleston. Give the power back to the district, only they understand the needs of their area! Let the mid-level DOH management do their job!

Since: Nov 11

Dallas, TX

#11 Nov 15, 2011
Mattox should be out along with his management staff of unqualified cronies. There are only a handful of good guys on the management staff…. Mattox has stripped them of ALL power!

Mattox should also go to jail along with Turman, Robinson and Plymale. This little group of scum-bags will soon be paying for their crimes!

Turman left the DOH on a Thursday and bid and won a DOH project the following Tuesday! Was able to bond the project under Paul’s Concrete!!!

There is a special investigation taking place right now! I can’t wait till the news of this breaks! I can’t believe that the news media has not caught wind of this yet! All they have to do is start digging into the records! I guarantee it will be national news!

E.L. will get to be on 60 minutes again…. Just like old times.

This corruption runs very….VERY Deep!

Earl Ray better cut Mattox before he goes down with him!
1 post removed
Ed Robinson is the MAN

Hansford, WV

#13 Nov 15, 2011
Mattox is nothing more than Ed Robinson's puppet!

Ed is making huge money! He gets a piece of the pie from EL Robinson Engineers and Mead – Hunt (RPM).

I would like to see not only the number of jobs that these two firms have been awarded, more importantly the dollar amount of work these two firms have been awarded since Ed got Mattox the Commissioners job!

Say what you want about Ed Robinson he is a genius and one hell of a business man!
5 posts removed
I work there

Charleston, WV

#19 Nov 16, 2011
The people that are disgruntled low level DOH employees and people employed by engineering consultants that lack talent and drive to succeed.
E. L.“Ed” Robinson has done nothing illegal or underlying. I repeat nothing. The only thing he can stand accused of is founding and growing an elite engineering firm in a state that lacks engineering firms with high performing individuals.
These people need to grow up and get busy working instead of complaining!
2 posts removed
playing the game

Charleston, WV

#22 Nov 17, 2011
Nothing will happen to any of the people mentioned in this thread. They are way too politically connected! They raise large amounts of money for candidates. And in return, well they have open reign of the Highway Departments operations and funds. The thing that I don’t understand is how this can be common knowledge in the industry and it just continues to go on.
You dont know

United States

#23 Nov 17, 2011
Ed Robinson was not the one who got Mattox his job - it was Paul Turman.
4 posts removed
30 yr state worker

Charleston, WV

#28 Nov 19, 2011
I know there are some good people hired in the last 6 to 7 years, but as Melissa said, suddenly Maddox hired and placed many young engineers in high positions over long time experenced engineers, since then highways does not value experence, all the new young engineers in management want to do is hire more engineers fresh from collage, maybe one out of ten have any talent for highways.
1 post removed
Fire all of them

United States

#30 Nov 22, 2011
"You can't make the water clear until you get the pigs out of the water"
Maddox and his entire group of upper management need to be replaced. The exception is Greg Bailey who should be the next Commissioner!
Whats the word

United States

#31 Nov 23, 2011
"an investigation that is taking place involving WVDOH and Mattox"

Has anyone confirmed this?
Change possable

Charleston, WV

#32 Nov 24, 2011
The people in power like Mattox, Rumbaugh, and other young appointies look after each other like brothers, they will defend each others actions if there right or wrong, when one moves up the others slide up with them. Highways is a mess with the people we have now, yet they say things are perfect!
highways

United States

#33 Nov 25, 2011
Change possable wrote:
The people in power like Mattox, Rumbaugh, and other young appointies look after each other like brothers, they will defend each others actions if there right or wrong, when one moves up the others slide up with them. Highways is a mess with the people we have now, yet they say things are perfect!
Well put! I agree 100%

Need several changes within highways management.
You dont know

United States

#34 Nov 30, 2011
[QUOTE who="what?"]<quot ed text>
Didn't Turman work for Mattox?[/QUOTE]
Only on paper
1 post removed
Tudors buscuits

Charleston, WV

#36 Dec 1, 2011
Has anyone investigated why they move Rt 35 in Mason Co. on a flood plain?
Restless

Charleston, WV

#37 Dec 6, 2011
I dont know, but i would like to find out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach Dawson (Apr '16) 53 min Amanda 5
Michael Nelson 53 min Keisha 14
Jen sutherland where she at. 59 min Just wondering 18
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr WTF WRONG WITH PPL 3,984
Is Tonya Devitt still out slinging the dope? 1 hr Forrest Gump 6
AEP is out of control!!! Sign the petition. 2 hr Think 5
Oklahoma Sooners biOtch slap wvwho 5 hr WKU is your daddy 22

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance