Gauley Bridge police chief, 2 officer...

Gauley Bridge police chief, 2 officers quit

There are 48 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Mar 2, 2012, titled Gauley Bridge police chief, 2 officers quit. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- The Gauley Bridge chief of police and two of his officers submitted letters of resignation this week amid a West Virginia State Police investigation into the department's records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
crime free Gauley Bridte

Dunbar, WV

#1 Mar 2, 2012
Did you read this? Look Gauley Bridge, you are crime free! Your occifers wear dress uniforms and stop everyone driving 2 miles over the speed limit, and therefore no crime is taking place. pills, theft, none of that is apparently happening since them Whipkey's came on board.
Granny Knows Best

Orlando, FL

#2 Mar 2, 2012
Sister are you crazy?The crimes out of control in Gaulley.I was taken advantage of there a time or two myself.Never seen so many drugged up hillbillys in my life.Wake up sister an smell the crack,no not the one down there either. Granny
Party time

Lubbock, TX

#3 Mar 3, 2012
chief is gone, but brother is still there. I guess he thinks he will be incharge now. Do us a favor and go with your brother. You know you cant last long without your brother covering everything up for you.
Yackidie yack

Daniels, WV

#4 Mar 3, 2012
Don't send them down to Smithers. Just keep them moving somewhere else.
Say What

Charleston, WV

#5 Mar 3, 2012
What is Mayor Winebrenner smoking? Must be some of that crack that's being sold in his crime free town! He states the town would not be what it is today without what they (the Whipkeys) have done. It's a ghost town for God's sake. He can thank the Whipkeys for driving people away from Gauley Bridge. Winebrenner needs to be voted out of office.
i aint nevur

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Mar 3, 2012
Granny Knows Best wrote:
Sister are you crazy?The crimes out of control in Gaulley.I was taken advantage of there a time or two myself.Never seen so many drugged up hillbillys in my life.Wake up sister an smell the crack,no not the one down there either. Granny
Oh my goodness gracious! Gauleybridge will be having Heart palpitations! Where'isss the Dr?
Jackie

Lubbock, TX

#7 Mar 3, 2012
Ive heard that if the other Whipkey dont leave also, then charges are gonna be filed by Harris this week.
Say What

Charleston, WV

#8 Mar 3, 2012
If there is reason to file charges,then it should done by Carl Harris, whether they leave or not!
rapedtaxpayer

Mount Hope, WV

#9 Mar 3, 2012
Say What wrote:
If there is reason to file charges,then it should done by Carl Harris, whether they leave or not!
i agree. what the hell? you cant jus come an do things thats been done here an then just quit with no repercussions! can ya?
Say What

Charleston, WV

#10 Mar 3, 2012
It's dirty politics covered up by a yes man prosecutor. Carl Harris doesn't have the balls to prosecute. Typical Fayette County bullshit.
well

San Angelo, TX

#11 Mar 3, 2012
Chief Whipkey left the field for a new career in the mines. Give it a few days and you just may find out why. When you lose your certification as a police officer it is kind of hard to work in the field. And as far as old Byron. He figures he can become another Charlie Keenan. He is sadly mistaken. The town is in shambles and you won't get businesses to move back in. It is a same, it has been given over to the pillbillys.
thankgodthechief isgone

Charleston, WV

#12 Mar 3, 2012
Most speeding tickets say 29 in a 25mph.The mayor says they give out tickets for 9 over.I don't think they know how fast any one is going when they hand out tickets.
5 posts removed
Resident

Charleston, WV

#18 Mar 3, 2012
FYI to the Whipkey officer, the mines is laying off and shutting down some of them. They are not hiring. Do they think we are crazy or what? Now Montgomery drivers need to watch out for the Gauley officer who went there. They are now pulling people over left and right. The Whipkeys need to be brought up on charges.
1 post removed
funny

Mount Hope, WV

#20 Mar 4, 2012
funny how dreama cannot post and a few others, well actually anyone who has positive things to say about Chief Whipkey and the GBPD, but all the negative posters are still on here..go figure, looks very odd to me, I am 100 percent in favor of the police dept and Chief Whipkey, quick quick....remove this post!!!
hahahahahaha

Reedy, WV

#21 Mar 4, 2012
i love the whipkeys i -uck em all the time. gonna miss that.
hahahahahaha

Reedy, WV

#22 Mar 4, 2012
i guess it will just be a twosome and not a threesome now unless the other one leaves too.
Billy

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Mar 4, 2012
Resident wrote:
FYI to the Whipkey officer, the mines is laying off and shutting down some of them. They are not hiring. Do they think we are crazy or what? Now Montgomery drivers need to watch out for the Gauley officer who went there. They are now pulling people over left and right. The Whipkeys need to be brought up on charges.
If they stop you the charge will be for "UGLY IN PUBLIC".
Bycrackys

Charleston, WV

#24 Mar 4, 2012
They sed pigs could'nt fly.
joe bob

Newport, VA

#25 Mar 4, 2012
Nothing will change there, the chief resigned but lil brother is still there. Lil brother will be appointed chief at the next council meeting.
please

Mount Hope, WV

#26 Mar 5, 2012
hahahahahaha wrote:
i love the whipkeys i -uck em all the time. gonna miss that.
ou are so pathethic. you wish Sean is far above that sort of behavior.. keep dreamimg Alice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Clark Kent 1 hr Steve Bare 1
Kudos To WSAZ, et al ; For Airing New CDC /PSA ... 1 hr Claire 1
HPV and Related Cancers 1 hr Claire 8
Kelly Ann Cicalese is HOT (Oct '15) 1 hr Hang On Sloopy 63
bobbi jo 1 hr Johnson 12
Tom Clark was a friend of Rock! 2 hr Jasmine and Henry 1
pc clark 3 hr Tom 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance