Pratt mayor pleads guilty to drug charge

Pratt mayor pleads guilty to drug charge

There are 8 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Feb 7, 2014, titled Pratt mayor pleads guilty to drug charge. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Pratt Mayor Gary Fields pleaded guilty Thursday to possessing illegal prescription drugs in a plea deal that will allow him to have the conviction expunged from his record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Time to go

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 7, 2014
Just like everything else he has done he gets a slap on the wrist and is free to do it again. What a slap in the face it is for the people in the town also and he just laughs about it because he knows nothing will be done. He lied about the water system to the town people to get it sold so he could cover his tracks and now look where we are at. The only income we are getting is what the police department brings in and I'm sure that won't e enough to fund Mr Fields habits so it will be interesting to see what happens next. He is nothing but a disgrace to the town
disgrace

Charleston, WV

#2 Feb 7, 2014
This man has been in trouble most of his adult life for one thing or another. What an insult to the voters in Pratt and Kanawha County for the judge to allow this. He should be impeached immediately and audits should be done to see exactly what is going on. He needs to be held accountable.
how can this be

Moseley, VA

#3 Feb 7, 2014
Pratt needs to get him out of office between the drugs and the water issue he has got to go...
paula maisley pailsley

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 20, 2014
what happened to the recall to have him removed from office? I guess it died along with the town. And i was at council meeting last week. What is up with paying two thousand dollars for someone else to come in and do the clerks job?
1 post removed
Ponce D Leon

Dillwyn, VA

#6 Mar 4, 2014
Put him in the cell block with bubba. Bubba will give him a sore kiester.
Ponce D Leon

Dillwyn, VA

#7 Mar 4, 2014
Time to go wrote:
Just like everything else he has done he gets a slap on the wrist and is free to do it again. What a slap in the face it is for the people in the town also and he just laughs about it because he knows nothing will be done. He lied about the water system to the town people to get it sold so he could cover his tracks and now look where we are at. The only income we are getting is what the police department brings in and I'm sure that won't e enough to fund Mr Fields habits so it will be interesting to see what happens next. He is nothing but a disgrace to the town
What about your Governor that went to jail and after he got out you re-elected him. Maybe if you throw him out he can run for Governor.
Ponce D Leon

Dillwyn, VA

#8 Mar 4, 2014
how can this be wrote:
Pratt needs to get him out of office between the drugs and the water issue he has got to go...
Where will he go??????
city of embarassment

Moneta, VA

#9 Mar 4, 2014
They need to dissolve the town, get rid of mayor and especially that waste of money Eagle. He doesn't do anything but harass people & motorists

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot guy taking LPN at Garnett 37 min Amanda 11
Bull Sharks in WV (Jun '13) 58 min Aponicrazywoman 21
Patrick St. bridge named after slave owner 1 hr DRTRUTH 40
Anyone want to get laid 2 hr Stevie Wonder 9
Michael Totten 2 hr UsersandAbusers 2
David Hickman 5 hr Sadsac 1
Gang-Stalking/Crowd Stalking 5 hr RNs 9

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance