seperation of church and state
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#21 Feb 21, 2013
Mskamish wrote:
When you take it all into Consideration...ALL of OUR LAWS are based up religious values
That's not true. Most laws are based on non-religious principals like practicality, compassion, order, or freedom.
Martin

Chesapeake, VA

#22 Feb 21, 2013
works both ways wrote:
stop teaching our children evolution too! if you want to say you come from a monkey, do it. but my family didn't come from monkeys!
If you have taught your Children at home that they were created by "GOD" and have taught them them that the Bible is true, then they will have no problem if the teacher tells their peers that the were born from Monkeys, your Children will know they were the truth that they were created by GOD. Have faith in you children, my Dear!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23 Feb 21, 2013
Thank God for the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Freedom from religion.
Moron

Charleston, WV

#24 Feb 22, 2013
works both ways wrote:
it is illegal for the state to force religious children to go to a school and be taught things against their religion!
Public primary schools teach science as science, and mythology as mythology. As do ALL legitimate educational organization. Religions are based on mythologies, NOT scientific principals. It has to do with not brainwashing the masses into believing in fanatical cultist/intolerant ideals. You are so narrow minded, you don't even consider the fact that not all religious children are Christians. In fact, you ideological Bible-toting evangelicals are the minority in our society, not the standard.

And as for your other moronic statements, separation of church and state is a concept (not a Constitutional right, like say, freedon to peacefully assemble and freedom of speech.)
works both ways

Oak Hill, WV

#25 Feb 22, 2013
Moron, who said i was a Christian? I'm Hindu! All major religions believe that homosexuality is a sin. Let's go your scientific route, Moron. It is a scientific law, that opposites attract. Let's take the health subject route, Moron---it is perversion of the human body to have sex with the same sex because in order to reproduce you must have a male and female. So you go on supporting perverts, Moron. I noted two simple things that should be left out of public school's curriculum--evolution and supporting gay pride. Those two things are against all religions and separation of Church and state does work both ways. There is no reason to teach it in high school. Let them pay to learn that blasphemy in college, not waste federal funds. It's just something new that people like you, Moron, want to cram down all children's throats in an effort to justify your sins. God will not allow this to continue much longer. Are you ready to meet your Maker, Moron?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#26 Feb 22, 2013
works both ways wrote:
It is a scientific law, that opposites attract.
Human sexuality is controlled by magnetic charges? That's interesting.
works both ways wrote:
Let's take the health subject route, Moron---it is perversion of the human body to have sex with the same sex because in order to reproduce you must have a male and female.
The vast majority of sex that people have is NOT reproductive.
works both ways wrote:
Those two things are against all religions and separation of Church and state does work both ways.
Evolution is not against all religions. Just fundamentalist, literalist ones that are divorced from reality.
works both ways wrote:
There is no reason to teach it in high school.
There's no reason to teach students the backbone of biology in high school?
works both ways wrote:
Moron, want to cram down all children's throats in an effort to justify your sins. God will not allow this to continue much longer. Are you ready to meet your Maker, Moron?
Yes, we're trying to educate children about science to "justify our sins". That makes sense.
Moron

Charleston, WV

#27 Feb 22, 2013
works both ways wrote:
Moron, who said i was a Christian? I'm Hindu! All major religions believe that homosexuality is a sin. Let's go your scientific route, Moron. It is a scientific law, that opposites attract. Let's take the health subject route, Moron---it is perversion of the human body to have sex with the same sex because in order to reproduce you must have a male and female. So you go on supporting perverts, Moron. I noted two simple things that should be left out of public school's curriculum--evolution and supporting gay pride. Those two things are against all religions and separation of Church and state does work both ways. There is no reason to teach it in high school. Let them pay to learn that blasphemy in college, not waste federal funds. It's just something new that people like you, Moron, want to cram down all children's throats in an effort to justify your sins. God will not allow this to continue much longer. Are you ready to meet your Maker, Moron?
None of this even makes enough sense to which to respond (that is the stuff you didn't completely contradict from your earlier rant). The context of your baseless ramblings make it clear you are not a Hindu. Hindus believe no such things (blasphemy, sin etc...). Read a little before making a bunch of sh*t up next time.

And I heard to do like it "both ways" Sinner.
humph

Chesapeake, OH

#28 Feb 22, 2013
I believe in basic laws of humanity, treat others as I want to be treated, earn respect by giving respect, respect my elders, obey the law, ect. ect....

That being said, I respect people to live their lives as they see fit, I won't beat any religion down their throats, and in return I would require not to have your beliefs shoved down mine.... So when people start to preach "gay pride" or "Islam" down other ones throats, I take that as disrespectful. I have found in my short life, one rule that remains constant, those who scream tolorance the loudest, are the most non tolorant of all people. I will not judge anyone or treat someone different because of their religion of lifestyle choices, but also don't expecte to great you special because of those very same choices, we are all equal, no one is better than the next.
Mr Rock And Roll

Belle, WV

#29 Feb 22, 2013
works both ways wrote:
Moron, who said i was a Christian? I'm Hindu! All major religions believe that homosexuality is a sin.
You are not Hindu. You are full of shit. The accepted Hindu religious texts do not explicitly mention homosexuality. Take your dumb southern baptist ass back to school for a while.

Oh and to comment on something you said earlier, the theory of evolution does not state that we came from apes. The theory says that we come from a common ancestor of the apes. Before you bash something how about you learn about it from someone other than the church.
Wilbur

Troy, VA

#30 Feb 22, 2013
lawyerplease wrote:
Is it ethical for a judge to give "Sunday school lessons" or envoke religion from the bench??
They are judges. They do what they want.
Wilbur

Troy, VA

#31 Feb 22, 2013
Jack_4ral wrote:
Thank God for the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Freedom from religion.
I question your judgement.
Wilbur

Troy, VA

#32 Feb 22, 2013
If Jack will take note our forefathers knew somenthing like him might happen so they were smart enough to build religion into all the arcitecture in the buildings in Washington DC.To rid this country of God you would have to dis-assemble DC. I know that is what Obama, Jack-me-Offs hero is trying to do.
Seriously

Charleston, WV

#33 Feb 22, 2013
Mr Rock And Roll wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not Hindu. You are full of shit. The accepted Hindu religious texts do not explicitly mention homosexuality. Take your dumb southern baptist ass back to school for a while.
Oh and to comment on something you said earlier, the theory of evolution does not state that we came from apes. The theory says that we come from a common ancestor of the apes. Before you bash something how about you learn about it from someone other than the church.
ZING...lol
Thank you for clearing that up. I couldn't bring myself to respond to his earlier horseshit it was so dumb.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#35 Feb 22, 2013
I question your judgment. Thank God our founding Fathers were smart enough to make separation of church and State the First Amendment. Our founding Fathers knew from example that religion would corrupt our Nation and our People if not restricted from our government. They knew you could not base a lasting government on superstition and the supernatural. A prime example of what our founding Fathers wanted to prevent are governments like you find in the Middle-East, governments lead by religious Dictators that force religion on the People. If anyone wants the bible to be their Constitution and government ran by a religious Dictator, you will have to move to a third World/ignorant Country.
works both ways

Oak Hill, WV

#36 Feb 23, 2013
that's right. i'm no more of a hindu than you guys were born gay! there's no such thing. it's simple perversion. do it all you want. keep it to yourself. don't be teaching children that in school. at least one person here understands that it is disrespectful. and that is not what gays are about is it? or isn't it?
Seriously

United States

#37 Feb 23, 2013
works both ways wrote:
that's right. i'm no more of a hindu than you guys were born gay! there's no such thing. it's simple perversion. do it all you want. keep it to yourself. don't be teaching children that in school. at least one person here understands that it is disrespectful. and that is not what gays are about is it? or isn't it?
You really shouldn't talk anymore, the grown ups are trying to have a conversation here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Round mouth Tom Clark 48 min Linda 5
But that's in the Old Testament bla bla bla 1 hr Mea Maxima Culpa 30
There are others 3 hr Andre Linoge 4
Once you go black 3 hr Andre Linoge 3
OJ Simpson...Free the Juice... 3 hr Andre Linoge 22
Cassie dangerfield (Feb '15) 4 hr JoeB 13
hooters 4 hr Save Room For Des... 29

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages