your favorite pizza place?
soap and water?

United States

#24 May 12, 2014
Fat Pizza Lover wrote:
<quoted text>No way...they (over) cook the flavor out of their food. I work 1 block from there and I'll go to Riverwalk to get Graziano's (one of my two favorites) instead of going there. Plus the idiot son and law the works there acts like he's 8 years old. Quick story...

I went there for something other than pizza and there was an older woman in her 60"s with her grown son and his wife in front of me in line. After getting her drink she accidently dropped it on the floor. Punk ass son and law behind the counter started huffin and puffin and said "it's ridiculous people act like kindergarteners". I don't think the son heard him but a lot of people did. It pissed me off and I can guarantee if he had said that about my mom, I would've knocked his fn teeth down his throat.

Anyway, even within chains the pizza varies. Gino's in SC is the best of that chain.

The Anchor is my other choice for best pizza.

Fazio's is not bad but they're small and over priced.

BY FAR THE BEST IN THE TRI-STATE AREA IS THE PIZZA PLACE IN PARKERSBURG!!!!

You have to go to NY or NJ to get pizza that good.
The last time I went to the Anchor I went to bathroom first no soap anywhere not even under the cabinets. They didn't need it...the water didn't work! I just drank beer in a bottle and said I can open it myself!!
Scratching head

Charleston, WV

#25 May 12, 2014
Pies and Pints pizza does not have good flavor. Bought one myself and tried it and wasted my money several months later my employer purchased several for employees and the feed back was as I expected. Over priced and basically didn't taste good. Don't quite know how they're still in business, especially in a downtown spot.

<scratching head>
hardinthemuthafu kinpaint

Charleston, WV

#26 May 12, 2014
[QUOTE who="soap and water?"]<quoted text>The last time I went to the Anchor I went to bathroom first no soap anywhere not even under the cabinets. They didn't need it...the water didn't work! I just drank beer in a bottle and said I can open it myself!![/QUOTE]
U rebel
yep

Saint Albans, WV

#27 May 12, 2014
grazianos!!! They have the best pizza!!
soap and water?

Charleston, WV

#28 May 12, 2014
hardinthemuthafukinpaint wrote:
[QUOTE who="soap and water?"]<quoted text>The last time I went to the Anchor I went to bathroom first no soap anywhere not even under the cabinets. They didn't need it...the water didn't work! I just drank beer in a bottle and said I can open it myself!!"

U rebel
Their nasty skank Hands wiping that ass ain't touching my food. Rebel hell
hardinthemuthafu kinpaint

Charleston, WV

#29 May 12, 2014
[QUOTE who="soap and water?"]<quoted text>Their nasty skank Hands wiping that ass ain't touching my food. Rebel hell[/QUOTE]
But u stayed and drank beer. U rebel.
TPB

Charleston, WV

#30 May 12, 2014
Me and Barbie don't eat pizza it isn't good for you. We eat each oth
ummm

Branchland, WV

#31 May 12, 2014
hardinthemuthafukinpaint wrote:
[QUOTE who="soap and water?"]<quoted text>The last time I went to the Anchor I went to bathroom first no soap anywhere not even under the cabinets. They didn't need it...the water didn't work! I just drank beer in a bottle and said I can open it myself!!"

U rebel
That place is disgusting
Clowen to the left

Dunbar, WV

#32 May 12, 2014
If you go to any city other than Charleston you'll have hundreds of places like the Anchor...local flavor, very good food and maybe a little musty. I'll take that over assembly line cookie cutter franchises anytime.

The people complaining must think they're all high an mighty. I got news for you...if you think The Olive Garden is fine dining, "you don't know doodly squat" (name the reference).
high but not mighty

Charleston, WV

#33 May 12, 2014
Clowen to the left wrote:
If you go to any city other than Charleston you'll have hundreds of places like the Anchor...local flavor, very good food and maybe a little musty. I'll take that over assembly line cookie cutter franchises anytime.

The people complaining must think they're all high an mighty. I got news for you...if you think The Olive Garden is fine dining, "you don't know doodly squat" (name the reference).
What does Olive Garden have to do with anything? They microwave their meals.
italian

Cedar Grove, WV

#34 May 12, 2014
I had a parmesan risotto at Olive Garden and it was disgusting, They put sour crème in it!
Clowen to the left

Dunbar, WV

#35 May 12, 2014
Exactly, the point is that those who think they are too good for the Anchor (and their excellent pizza) are forever doomed to eating crap...but are probably too stupid/ignorant to know ant better.
ummmm

Philadelphia, PA

#36 May 13, 2014
I'm not talking about the Anchor's food, I'm talking about the restaurant. When it was in KC it was a disgusting dump. When Bill moved to the current location, I was surprised to see that he stuck with the same disgusting dive bar look. The bathroom was so gross I couldn't even use it, we had to leave. I never went back. He has to have at least a little money, he has been in business for years. But he is a rude jerk and a poor "housekeeper" with his restaurant upkeep.
Opinion

Beckley, WV

#37 May 13, 2014
I'm going to go with Mario's too. I liike how they brush the crust with melted butter as it's coming out of the oven.
Fat Pizza Lover

Dunbar, WV

#38 May 13, 2014
ummmm wrote:
I'm not talking about the Anchor's food, I'm talking about the restaurant. When it was in KC it was a disgusting dump. When Bill moved to the current location, I was surprised to see that he stuck with the same disgusting dive bar look. The bathroom was so gross I couldn't even use it, we had to leave. I never went back. He has to have at least a little money, he has been in business for years. But he is a rude jerk and a poor "housekeeper" with his restaurant upkeep.
Everything you say is true, but the pizzas good.
yummmm

United States

#39 May 13, 2014
Opinion wrote:
I'm going to go with Mario's too. I liike how they brush the crust with melted butter as it's coming out of the oven.

I must try this place!!!!
nadda

Charleston, WV

#40 May 13, 2014
The Anchor has the best pizza pie ever. However, I cannot stand to go in the place. It is nasty dirty and stinks! Even if I get it delivered, I still can't stand the thoughts of eating something that comes from that nasty place. It's a shame because their pizzas are good.
kam fong

Cedar Grove, WV

#41 May 13, 2014
I like Chin Hos oriental pizza
Bar Rescue

Charleston, WV

#42 May 14, 2014
The Anchors pizza may tatse ok but the place is a nasty mess and I can only imagine what the kitchen is like. I won't walk in that place anymore. It is disgusting so you know the food has to be dirty also. I also know a couple of girls who worked there and they were just as nasty.
for sure

Charleston, WV

#43 May 14, 2014
marios no doubt about it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bowen dental 15 min garfield 3
Julie Yeager Corruption 33 min to jail 3
Julie Yeager in the nut house 1 hr to jail 1
Buy yourself an assault rifle today 2 hr southern at heart 30
Alabama Senate race is over: DEMOCRAT'S ROCK 2 hr Brotha in da house 1
News Kanawha bar owners to intensify smoking fight (Sep '08) 2 hr Forrest Gump 10
Brittany Edens 7 hr For real 37

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages