First Prev
of 2
Next Last
x judge

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Aug 5, 2013
What's the deal with this man?
ccwoman

Charleston, WV

#2 Aug 5, 2013
Duke Bloom was once Commissioner of the Kanawha County Commission - he is the best judge we have in this state. He is shrewd and makes wise decisions in harsh sentences for dangerous and repeated offenders though they cry and their families beg - he is not "conned"

Likewise, he has compassion and seems to be able to know when someone comes before him when a long sentence is not best.

He's great and caring and so is Mark Plantz. They try to help protect the communities from the plague of crime- but so many people just see them as BAD because they can be harsh when needed.
wtfe

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Aug 5, 2013
The Judge duke bloo. Isnt a good judge at all he is always on the cps side and other judges side he dont want to give the parents and drug screens or nothing he will not listen to the parens at all all he wants to take ur parental right away what if some one would do that to him or maybe take his grand kis away for evere how would he feel about that.duke bloom dont give a damn thing about a parents feeling at all.
ccwoman

Charleston, WV

#4 Aug 5, 2013
Duke Bloom is doing what other jobs are not - PUTTING the children and non-criminals first. Time after time, they go easy on thieves who get out early and come right back out and search for victims.
Also, they give helpless children back to families who abuse them and do drugs in front of them and don't look after them properly. Judge Bloom will not do that.
Do the crime and the time if it fits.
Island Girl

United States

#5 Aug 6, 2013
Judge Bloom takes kids away from drug dealers and unfit parents? Well, Amen to that! Tired of second, third, fourth, fifth, etc chances for people who really don't deserve it.
hey

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 6, 2013
ccwoman wrote:
Duke Bloom was once Commissioner of the Kanawha County Commission - he is the best judge we have in this state. He is shrewd and makes wise decisions in harsh sentences for dangerous and repeated offenders though they cry and their families beg - he is not "conned"
Likewise, he has compassion and seems to be able to know when someone comes before him when a long sentence is not best.
He's great and caring and so is Mark Plantz. They try to help protect the communities from the plague of crime- but so many people just see them as BAD because they can be harsh when needed.
Are you kidding me? Its all about who you you know, a man tried to kill my husband with a weapon and he has permanent brain damage and Duke gave him probation because the mans Dad knew someone in Mark Plantz office and the prosecutor s office was nothing but rude to my husband like he was the criminal. Joe shelton was appauled by this man and whathe did and tried to make it stick and when it got to blooms desk we didnt matter anymore, i hope karma bites that prosecutor and Dukes butt
ex co

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Aug 6, 2013
hey wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? Its all about who you you know, a man tried to kill my husband with a weapon and he has permanent brain damage and Duke gave him probation because the mans Dad knew someone in Mark Plantz office and the prosecutor s office was nothing but rude to my husband like he was the criminal. Joe shelton was appauled by this man and whathe did and tried to make it stick and when it got to blooms desk we didnt matter anymore, i hope karma bites that prosecutor and Dukes butt
Who was the criminal?
wrong

Charleston, WV

#8 Aug 6, 2013
Judge Bloom is harsh on SOME people.
I work with a lady who's nephew was busted for having a meth lab near kids. Bloom gave him drug court, he failed 3 drug screens and got caught with another lab and he just received another year of probation (3 total now) he violated probation 3 more times and all he got was 10 days in jail and a slap on the wrist.
Did you hear about the meth lab at motel 6 in cross lanes in early July? Guess who that was- finally the guy is locked up but this is his 3rd lab and the other 2 charges were brought up while on probation.
This all being handled by Judge Bloom
vicki

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Aug 6, 2013
wrong wrote:
Judge Bloom is harsh on SOME people.
I work with a lady who's nephew was busted for having a meth lab near kids. Bloom gave him drug court, he failed 3 drug screens and got caught with another lab and he just received another year of probation (3 total now) he violated probation 3 more times and all he got was 10 days in jail and a slap on the wrist.
Did you hear about the meth lab at motel 6 in cross lanes in early July? Guess who that was- finally the guy is locked up but this is his 3rd lab and the other 2 charges were brought up while on probation.
This all being handled by Judge Bloom
Judge bloom doesn't handle anything that happens while on drug court.
wrong

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 7, 2013
My fault, it was day report
ccwoman

Charleston, WV

#11 Aug 7, 2013
He can't and won't answer to every detailed complaint about his decisions. He looks at prior records and the reasons for the crime and makes his decisions from there.

If these freaking roach plagueing thieves ever assault or rob me - I want them in front of Judge Bloom for sure - he doesn't like elderly disabled people getting hurt as he does't little children.

I'm sure there is a story to every side but he doesn't have to explain every detail of why he made what decision - How about the judges that give little children back to drug addicted criminals more than once for they know the system can't take on all those little helpless victims. Blood sure won't do that - there are usually other family member who are "clean" in a lot of the situations who can take in the little ones - Judges should look more at that as Bloom does and STOP putting those babies in daily danger.

You have to weight the bad vs the good in totallity when making judgements about others, including opinions of Judges ...
EXCELLENT JUDGE

Charleston, WV

#12 Aug 9, 2013
One of the few judges that is tough on ALL criminals. He is now going after the Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority and specifically Mark Taylor, Janice Banks, and Shanda Brandon. They have been trying to flood The Carroll Terrace Apartments on Virginia Street in the white, society east-end of the State Capitol with black murderers, convicted felons, and drug dealers in an illegal attempt to destroy the beautiful, historic neighborhood of Virginia Street and Kanawha Boulevard.

He's referring criminal charges against Shanda Brandon, the racialist, part-time housing manager and drug dealer at Carroll Terrace to the WV STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE and FBI for her fraudulent eviction attempts of numerous white senior citizens who have lived there at Carroll Terrace for decades!!!
creeker

Charleston, WV

#13 Aug 9, 2013
EXCELLENT JUDGE wrote:
One of the few judges that is tough on ALL criminals. He is now going after the Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority and specifically Mark Taylor, Janice Banks, and Shanda Brandon. They have been trying to flood The Carroll Terrace Apartments on Virginia Street in the white, society east-end of the State Capitol with black murderers, convicted felons, and drug dealers in an illegal attempt to destroy the beautiful, historic neighborhood of Virginia Street and Kanawha Boulevard.
He's referring criminal charges against Shanda Brandon, the racialist, part-time housing manager and drug dealer at Carroll Terrace to the WV STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE and FBI for her fraudulent eviction attempts of numerous white senior citizens who have lived there at Carroll Terrace for decades!!!
Absolutely - Duke is for the elderly, helpless, disabled and children all being safe and remaining in good health, etc. I've not seen one person he gave hard time to that wasn't guilty in the past of the same thing or worse. He does compassion where deserved as well as he can research and decide. Everybody can make a mistake, he has been an attorney, and county commissioner and NEVER has his name been smeared by the media or word of mouth. Only ones who are in denial about the seriousness of their crimes or their loved ones crimes - would defame him..

And no, I've never been a criminal before his courtroom - just a hard working taxpayer who stays aware of things going on.
Well Put

United States

#14 Aug 9, 2013
creeker wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely - Duke is for the elderly, helpless, disabled and children all being safe and remaining in good health, etc. I've not seen one person he gave hard time to that wasn't guilty in the past of the same thing or worse. He does compassion where deserved as well as he can research and decide. Everybody can make a mistake, he has been an attorney, and county commissioner and NEVER has his name been smeared by the media or word of mouth. Only ones who are in denial about the seriousness of their crimes or their loved ones crimes - would defame him..

And no, I've never been a criminal before his courtroom - just a hard working taxpayer who stays aware of things going on.
Very nice commentary!
ccwoman

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 10, 2013
Well Put wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice commentary!
Hey if he was a lawyer - I COULD MAKE A COMMERICAL FOR HIM lol. I've watched and listened to him for years - his wife also used to be on tv on a program - she's intelligent and beautiful. They make a wonderful couple.(I believe Lisa is her name??) anybody?
Ronnie

Charleston, WV

#16 Aug 12, 2013
Her name is Carol. Duke Is fair, but firm . You will not get special favors no matter who your related to, or know. He is tough on crime, especially when children are involved. Were fortunate to have someone lie him on the bench.
creeker

Charleston, WV

#17 Aug 13, 2013
Ronnie wrote:
Her name is Carol. Duke Is fair, but firm . You will not get special favors no matter who your related to, or know. He is tough on crime, especially when children are involved. Were fortunate to have someone lie him on the bench.
Absolutely - only the criminals would badmouth him - not the victims - that's for sure. I've seen so many judges go light on VICIOUS criminals with a history of convictions, it makes me sick. I've been told that Mark Plants is available if people who know someone has been indited - for calls from them regarding their fears of them being released quickly on a plea deal - and he may intervene in a plea deal?

I think Mark has also made a difference too.
1 post removed
liljohnny

Charleston, WV

#19 Aug 15, 2013
KEEP LISTENING wrote:
I hope Mr. Plants will keep listening, and respond quickly, to the cries of all the senior citizens and life-long residents in the Upper East-End neighborhoods on Virginia Street and Kanawha Boulevard regarding all the recent criminals trying to move into the same!!!
Oh good heavens - where do you think you live? Life-long residents in the Upper East End neighborhoods on Va. St. and Kan. blvd - you are living in a fantasy world my dear. Criminals trying to move into your neighborhood? You are a joke. Look around your little street. Know any criminals? Don't try to put it all on the Blacks - there are white criminals living behind those doors on Kan. Blvd and Va. Stdreets. Get your head out of the sand.
in the know

Charleston, WV

#20 Aug 15, 2013
Duke Bloom just gat a taste of power and it went to his head. That's ok tho, he is gonna loose the next election cause Johnny Mitchell is gonna beat the snot out of him.
creeker

Charleston, WV

#21 Aug 15, 2013
hmm so John Mitchell running against him? He's well known for getting "alledged people" off for murder and uh oh - with everybody who knew the people involved KNOWING the peson is guilty???

So you think Duke is too hard on crime? You can get one not hard on crime at all - OK what a trade???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coat drive 42 min Mandy 1
Can anyone recommend a good wine? 44 min Leon 1
massage 1 hr Which one 4
News WVSP in Philippi not investigating rape claim a... (Jul '13) 1 hr Benny Hana 19
Alabama Senate race is over: DEMOCRAT'S ROCK 1 hr Benny Hana 6
Sherry from Dunbar 1 hr Benny Hana 19
Merry Christmas 1 hr Bert 1

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages