South Charleston High School Athletics

South Charleston High School Athletics

Posted in the Charleston Forum

TOTALLY FINISHED

Huntington, WV

#1 Feb 10, 2012
I have tried to stay middle of the road on this because I believe in giving every one a fair shake in life. However, after the most recent antics of the South Charleston Basketball team I feel its time SCHS face the harshest penalty allowed by the by-laws of the WVSSAC. That penalty being the complete dismantleing of all athletic teams including the cheerleaders and marching band and it stay that way until the kids of SCHS learn how to be good sportsmen and good sportswomen by not taunting or spitting out racial epithets at another team to start a fight and also learn you dont take the property belonging to other people much less go through bags belonging to players of an opposing team. Im sure many of you will say "that was the basketball team and football team so why do away with all of them?" or you will call me vile names which is fine, that will only further prove my point as to why I feel SCHS does not deserve to be allowed sports and band anymore. However, my response to this is simple. Just because you are removed from one team, does not mean you cant go to another team or join the band, go another school and do the same things again. Its called a penalty for a reason and its time the kids of SCHS learned everything in life HAS CONSEQUENCES AND YOU WILL PAY THOSE CONSEQUENCES REGARDLESS OF THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN.
iknow

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2012
I agree... Schs is full of little thugs of both colors!

Since: Sep 11

Charleston, WV

#3 Feb 10, 2012
SCHS has a pretty good mix of race in its school. I'm not sure of the event or events you're referring to, but I have a hard time believing it. Besides, a couple of mistakes by high school kids will absolutely not end up in disqualifying the school as a whole from sports. That might be wishing on a star.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help me Hallburn 14 min Tom Clark 9
Can't hold it in now 1 hr Tom Clark 7
Beautiful news lady 2 hr Carl 4
Good R ox y, m-arijuana,t-ar,he-roin etc 2 hr Chasse tob 1
Danny Jones Takes Bribes From Drug Lords 2 hr CHARLES 8
Some of the bars that used to be down town char... (Jan '13) 2 hr Tom Clark 76
Naked women in Charleston this Saturday 2 hr Bert 55
News Free the Nip Rally Planned Saturday for Charleston 6 hr willy g 32

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web