Sophie Valentine

Charleston, WV

#1 May 27, 2013
Well my friend was just busted for shoplifting. The amount was less than $20 and the cops were not called but she said she would receive a letter in the mail and unfortunately she said she was too shaken up to remember what he said the letter would detail. I wasn't allowed back there with her because I didn't take anything but the guy was super nice. She said he kept telling her multiple times "If I would have called the cops......"

Has this happened to anyone around here and what can she expect to happen next since the cops were not called?
Pony boi

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 27, 2013
Sophie Valentine wrote:
Well my friend was just busted for shoplifting. The amount was less than $20 and the cops were not called but she said she would receive a letter in the mail and unfortunately she said she was too shaken up to remember what he said the letter would detail. I wasn't allowed back there with her because I didn't take anything but the guy was super nice. She said he kept telling her multiple times "If I would have called the cops......"
Has this happened to anyone around here and what can she expect to happen next since the cops were not called?
Noting will happen. She will be banned from using the store in a letter. It will come registered mail. She should have been charged and booked.(Thief!!!!!)
count

Seth, WV

#3 May 27, 2013
She should count her lucky stars - and never - ever - ever do it again ! That guy cut her a break !
1 post removed
niceguy58

Charleston, WV

#5 May 28, 2013
I used to live in Philadelphia and was in a 7-11 in center city when someone got arrested for stealing a (then) 50 cent package of little debbie swiss cake rolls.
yup

Charleston, WV

#6 May 28, 2013
Pony boi wrote:
<quoted text> Noting will happen. She will be banned from using the store in a letter. It will come registered mail. She should have been charged and booked.(Thief!!!!!)
Agreed!! Because she got away with it, she'll do it again!! ALL shoplifters should be arrested & prosecuted to the fullest extent to the law. I don't care if it's $1 or $100, stealing is stealing!!
John Boi

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 28, 2013
She should be jailed and have to prostitute her way out to pay the fine.
troller

San Antonio, TX

#8 May 28, 2013
Burn at the stake
jo jo

Charleston, WV

#9 May 28, 2013
Sophie Valentine wrote:

She will get a letter in the mail stating that she is banned for life from ever coming to, or on the property of the store! Or she will be arrested for trespassing, Yes forever!! She will have to pay a $50 fine to the representatives of the company within a allotted time! That's all! But "she" should be grateful and NEVER do it again! This was her one and only "free" pass, so to speak!!
Tin man

Los Angeles, CA

#10 May 28, 2013
Burn burn burn
John Boi

Charlottesville, VA

#11 May 28, 2013
jo jo wrote:
<quoted text>
She will get a letter in the mail stating that she is banned for life from ever coming to, or on the property of the store! Or she will be arrested for trespassing, Yes forever!! She will have to pay a $50 fine to the representatives of the company within a allotted time! That's all! But "she" should be grateful and NEVER do it again! This was her one and only "free" pass, so to speak!!
You are full of crap. They have no fine collecting authority.
no kidding

Charleston, WV

#12 May 30, 2013
John Boi wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of crap. They have no fine collecting authority.
Mmm K, all I know is they will get a letter from the company's "representitive" which IS a law firm retard, with the amount of the fine!! Usually $50
William

Charlottesville, VA

#13 May 31, 2013
no kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmm K, all I know is they will get a letter from the company's "representitive" which IS a law firm retard, with the amount of the fine!! Usually $50
If she pays she is a fool.
William

Charlottesville, VA

#14 May 31, 2013
A law firm can't fine you only the court system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Fire Food 15 min true 11
Capitol High School Problems 1 hr Reporter 15
campbells creek neighborhood watch 1 hr Tom Clark 28
Drama at KC Nautilus 2 hr you loser 49
Kanawha City prostitution sting 2 hr johnny 9
polished(kc) (Sep '16) 2 hr BZMOM 18
Squirrel hunting 2 hr wes 110

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance