First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chils support

Winchester, KY

#1 Apr 17, 2013
I am paying for a child that isn't mine and it was court ordered for me to pay child support, I am now wanting to fight it and I am having trouble doing so because the court said I only have 30 days after the child support order to file an appeal and its been over a year now. I honestly want to fight this on my own without an lawyer but if anyone has any answers or opinions, I would love to hear some. Thank you.
Chils support

Winchester, KY

#2 Apr 17, 2013
I also don't live in the state of West Virginia but the order was made there. Thanks again.
Wimpy

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 17, 2013
Chils support wrote:
I am paying for a child that isn't mine and it was court ordered for me to pay child support, I am now wanting to fight it and I am having trouble doing so because the court said I only have 30 days after the child support order to file an appeal and its been over a year now. I honestly want to fight this on my own without an lawyer but if anyone has any answers or opinions, I would love to hear some. Thank you.
Get a blood test. That will be proof of whether the child is yours or not?? Where have you been? Don't you watch Murray??
sad

Charleston, WV

#4 Apr 17, 2013
yer screwed
Please Help

Winchester, KY

#5 Apr 17, 2013
The thing is that in court she told the judge I wasn't the father but where I cared for the child for so long they say it's for the best of the child. I've even tried reaching the real father but it isn't easy. The mother is always harassing me saying she's going to take all my rights away and she wants no part of me... If so then why can't the court look at this again and see what all the mother says and does and find the real father. I just caught up on my back pay plus interest and I got a letter in the mail talking about jail time and suspended license. Because I'm only behind just a little bit. The mother filed something with the child support office and I want this to end now, I'm tired of it!
sad

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 17, 2013
get a lawyer and stop whining
2 posts removed
BCSE

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Apr 17, 2013
If you cared for the child as if was your own then they will make you pay. They only way rights can be signed over is if she gets married and her husband agrees and then you can sign over parental rights. I would say get a lawyer. Find one that will take payments and work with you. You will have to have one in wv
Child support

Winchester, KY

#10 Apr 17, 2013
If anyone knows a very good lawyer for child support, let me know. Thanks.
BCSE

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Apr 17, 2013
Lynn ranson is great
Child Support

Winchester, KY

#12 Apr 17, 2013
Okay, Thanks.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#13 Apr 18, 2013
Child Support wrote:
Okay, Thanks.
You can file a motion for reconsideration
Any Houses For Rent

Winchester, KY

#14 Apr 18, 2013
So do I just call the court house?
wow

Charleston, WV

#15 Apr 18, 2013
Julia shalhoup. you will win/ lynn ransom will delay forever, take yer money and you get no where
Child Support

Winchester, KY

#16 Apr 18, 2013
Okay sounds good, ill give her a call.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17 Apr 18, 2013
Any Houses For Rent wrote:
So do I just call the court house?
No you go to the court house on the 2nd floor I believe and file the papers
Child Support

Winchester, KY

#18 Apr 19, 2013
I called the court house I do believe Monday and I told them I wanted to file an Expedited modification of child support, so now their sending me the papers since I live out of the state. What's the difference?
Wrong

Roanoke, VA

#19 Apr 19, 2013
So I don't think I understand this situation. How can any court make someone pay for a child that doesn't belong to them?? Makes no sense at all. Unless you adopt the child I don't see how this is legal!! Just like if a woman knows that a man is not the father of their child and the man pays support. That should be illegal & the money should have to be paid back. Morally wrong. Don't have kids and expect another man/woman provide for your child!
wow

Charleston, WV

#20 Apr 19, 2013
dude get a lawyer or pay. its that simple
BlkBarbie

Huntington, WV

#21 Apr 19, 2013
You pay long enough and it will start to look like you.
wow

Charleston, WV

#22 Apr 19, 2013
cases like this has been in the courts before. men and women that take care of a child for so many years. the courts will rule them as parents. not right and couldn't be legal, but they do anyway

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What was your worst dining experience in Charle... 4 hr clkcwv 1
Trikett retiring with 5 concussions 5 hr Marshall SUXX 11
Zumba Drug House 5 hr Dime Bag 1
What do black people get for Christmas? 5 hr CHARLESTON SUXX 18
Supreme Court Of Crooks 5 hr Working Man 1
Lonely dads 5 hr Putnam Johnny 6
rodney carte (Nov '13) 5 hr Lost arc 7
Charleston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web