hughjanus

United States

#1 May 7, 2013
Why doesn't charleston have rock concerts like surrounding cities? Whoever runs the civic center must be way out of touch. I have to go to Huntington or Columbus to see a good show. So annoying
Sixstring

Nitro, WV

#2 May 16, 2013
Charleston used to have killer concerts. I've seen M÷tley CrŘe, Kiss, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Creed, Queensryche, and many others at the Civic Center. The last decent concert that was booked there was ZZ Top but the show was cancelled due to low ticket sales. I think they're more interested in Ringling Bros and sporting events. Such a nice place to see a show. A waste
that guy

Saint Albans, WV

#3 May 16, 2013
Not as many acts traveling around, plus the shows have gotten so big it costs too much to bring them in which means high ticket prices.
When ZZ Top can't sell tickets here that has to tell you something.
phillipmenutz

Chesapeake, OH

#4 May 16, 2013
But they come to Huntington. They seem to do fine on ticket sales
hughjanus

Chesapeake, OH

#5 May 16, 2013
Rock on the range is this weekend in Columbus Ohio. Been there twice. Very nice show. Worth the trip. But u will spend a load of cash so bring plenty
ltgtdvki

United States

#6 May 17, 2013
Huntington also only seats 5600 people as oppose to Charleston seating 13,000. When only half of a show will sell there's no money to be made for the venue. Only about 7% of tix sold goes to the venue and part of the concessions, no merchandise sales. It cost around $2,000 a day in average just to power the civic center that's not including a concert. So until people start buying tix for Rock concerts like they do for country (last 3 soldout) then you will need to continue to go to Huntington. It's just plain facts. 5 years ago M├Âtley Crew only sold around 5,000 tickets in a 13,000 seat arena. Before that Nickleback at the time had 3 #1 songs that year and only sold 7,000. Charlestons not a big market for Rock like Huntington not to mention Huntington also has younger crowds with Marshall being nearby.
ltgtdvki

United States

#7 May 17, 2013
Sixstring wrote:
Charleston used to have killer concerts. I've seen M├Âtley Cr├╝e, Kiss, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Creed, Queensryche, and many others at the Civic Center. The last decent concert that was booked there was ZZ Top but the show was cancelled due to low ticket sales. I think they're more interested in Ringling Bros and sporting events. Such a nice place to see a show. A waste
Obviously you haven't a clue on how business works. Ringling Brothers brings 35,000-40,000 people over a five day event. Your Motley Crew concert only sold 5,000 tix. You do the math.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Clark's Passing 8 min Ed Reed 23
Justin Doughty 1 hr Foe 29
News Pinch man allegedly sold pot from grandmothers ... (May '10) 1 hr Grand Mother 4
Tiffany m.freeman 1 hr jap143 4
John Adams Middle School 3 hr Seriously 14
2 crackheads fighting with golf clubs 9 hr Big John 10
Free food at Kroger 10 hr big john 11

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages