West Side of Charleston getting bought up by investors

Posted in the Charleston Forum

whats up

Dunbar, WV

#1 Nov 13, 2012
anybody notice that the West Side of Charleston is getting bought up by investors.
retired n lovin it

Dunbar, WV

#2 Nov 13, 2012
about time somebody got smart here in wv. i travel all the time and see cities all over the country reclaiming their inner city districts. got back from san diego a week ago and san diego has reclaimed all its historic areas. a view of the ocean will cost a person easily a million dollars plus. charleston's east/west side has got the Kanawha river. that view alone is worth its weight in gold. east and west sides of charleston are the flatlands of this area and are accessible to everything. I say smart move investors. charleston wants tourist, those big old beautiful homes located in the east and west sides are the place to start. Golden Hills in San Diego use to be full of drug dealers and crime. those big old beautiful homes (just like our east and west side) were turned around and wow you wouldn't believe the difference.
just sayin

Charleston, WV

#3 Nov 14, 2012
retired n lovin it wrote:
about time somebody got smart here in wv. i travel all the time and see cities all over the country reclaiming their inner city districts. got back from san diego a week ago and san diego has reclaimed all its historic areas. a view of the ocean will cost a person easily a million dollars plus. charleston's east/west side has got the Kanawha river. that view alone is worth its weight in gold. east and west sides of charleston are the flatlands of this area and are accessible to everything. I say smart move investors. charleston wants tourist, those big old beautiful homes located in the east and west sides are the place to start. Golden Hills in San Diego use to be full of drug dealers and crime. those big old beautiful homes (just like our east and west side) were turned around and wow you wouldn't believe the difference.
The government should build an encampment for druggies. Anyone caught selling or buying drugs would be sent there for 25 yrs regardless! Only thing the guards would do is keep them from escaping.
just thinkin

Dunbar, WV

#4 Nov 15, 2012
@ to just sayin

i don't think the answer for our drug problem is "encampment" -- the U.S. already has 10% of its population behind prison bars. maybe we should focus on developing excellent ' addiction treatment programs/facilities'--'addicti on' is one of the core issues to our drug problems, crimes, domestic violence, child abuse, acts of violence,etc.-- treating the 'addiction' improves all aspects of the human condition. It's a 'win''win' situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is she? 23 min Hardly so 4
Georges creek Matt Nunley 23 min from the area 3
Thieves on campbells creek (Nov '12) 25 min from the area 532
Bambi Walker Johnson (Sep '14) 47 min Narco 13
what is the community park for? 1 hr Brandi 4
molly 1 hr Brandi 3
Carl and Brian wedding at Broadway 2 hr You're delusional 4
Cornwall Lane Overdose 19 hr ispeakthetruth 45
More from around the web

Charleston People Search