Should fast food employees make $15/hour
barney fife

Chesapeake, VA

#77 Sep 14, 2013
Amidst nationwide protests about the minimum wage at fast-food eateries, one burger joint in the Detroit metropolitan area has decided to raise its starting salary to $15. According to the Daily Beast, Moo Cluck Moo, a Michigan eatery, had already been paying employees an unheard of $12 per hour. Fast-food workers around the country have been holding protests to encourage companies and restaurant owners to raise staff pay. Moo Cluck Moo owners Brian Parker and Harry Moorhouse chose to give their staff a pay bump. The bump to the so-called "living wage. Its on like donkey kong
deepfry

Barboursville, WV

#78 Sep 14, 2013
payem $15. it takes lots of skill to say you wants a large wit dat?
Barney fife

Chesapeake, VA

#79 Sep 14, 2013
deepfry wrote:
payem $15. it takes lots of skill to say you wants a large wit dat?
With your education, it's doubtful thay you'll ever earn $15.00 dollars per Hr.
1 post removed
careful what you wish for

United States

#81 Sep 15, 2013
To those of you that think you deserve $15 an hour to flip burgers. If a business has to pay that kind of wage they're going to hire people who they believe will be more responsible and will actually show up on time and do a decent job.

Translation, high school and college kids can kiss their fast food jobs goodbye because older more responsible people who have been out of work for a while will jump at a job paying that much money and that's who managers will hire, not some kid they can't depend on.
lookylooky

Barboursville, WV

#82 Sep 15, 2013
set your alarm clocks, get your face out of your phone, sell your jewelry and buy a decent car and pull your d*mn pants up. no more excuses why you can't be at work.
Herpa derp

Mckeesport, PA

#83 Sep 16, 2013
Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>They should be paid more because they were smarter than the EMTs and Vet techs by negociating better pay. I see nothing wrong with better pay. Maybe fat people should be paid more because they eat more. Get my drift Moron??
"maybe fat people should be paid more because they eat more" and you're calling me a moron? Grow a brain you idiot. If you want 15 an hour go better yourself. You're prob a fking fast food worker.

“Mad Dogs and Englishmen”

Since: Sep 13

Canvey Island, Essex - UK

#84 Sep 16, 2013
Apart from drinking water, food has to be another absolute must, now agree or not, fast food supplies millions of us daily, those serving/cooking/working deserve a decent wage,
For too long they were paid a slave wage, in some areas, of both the USA and the UK, some fast food outlets, had trouble hiring staff, due to fierce employment competition.
Over time and a lot of sweat, the minimum wage came along, and whilst some look down their noses at fast food, it serves a valuable service, and at the end of the day, it's all down to personal preference.
switchblade

Barboursville, WV

#85 Sep 16, 2013
Nigel Somerville wrote:
Apart from drinking water, food has to be another absolute must, now agree or not, fast food supplies millions of us daily, those serving/cooking/working deserve a decent wage,
For too long they were paid a slave wage, in some areas, of both the USA and the UK, some fast food outlets, had trouble hiring staff, due to fierce employment competition.
Over time and a lot of sweat, the minimum wage came along, and whilst some look down their noses at fast food, it serves a valuable service, and at the end of the day, it's all down to personal preference.
it doesn't matter what kind of service fastfood plays in our society. trained monkeys can salt fries and collect money.
New West Virginian

Charleston, WV

#86 Sep 18, 2013
Fast food is not meant to be a career!!!! This $15 a dollar to me is pure extortion and for labor secretary Perez (who is from Maryland where I moved from and Perez is a supporter of illegal immigration) to compare this strike to MLK's civil rights march is insulting and cheapens King's accomplishments. Glad we didn't see any people protesting in West Virginia either this time or with that Black Friday Walmart mess back in the fall.
Increasing the minimum wage will only cause more inflation as other workers will demand more, and prices will rise. Inequalities are an inevitable fact of life, there will always be rich and poor has been like that since the beginning of time and will be like that until the Lord returns.(and after that there will still be those who are in heaven and those like Obama who will go to the other place). Raising the minimum wage will NOT make those people better off. Everyone elses wages will rise, prices will rise, and they will still be as poor as before relative to the rest of society.

Unions are like the NAACP in that in the past they achieved a lot to make our country a better place. But they are no longer relevant in today's world thanks to these very successes and new laws. So now just like we have people like Jessee Jackson stirring up trouble about Trayvon and all, we have these union bosses stirring up crap to justify their continued existence.
rusky

Barboursville, WV

#87 Sep 19, 2013
Well the big "strike" went nowhere and accomplished nothing. Everybody did get a good chuckle watching all the strikers say they wanted $15 an hour to make milkshakes. One of them even had the nerve to say that 15 was a starting point that they would take a few dollars more than 15.

Ok, your fantasy is over, now get back to the real world where you have to get an education, show up for work, apply yourself, act responsible and show initiative to get ahead.
morons

Charleston, WV

#88 Sep 19, 2013
15/ hour for food monkeys is outrageous. If they have their way they won't be able to afford a Big Mac after the labor costs rise

Complete Morons.
lol

Saint Albans, WV

#89 Sep 19, 2013
i love how all of ya'll want to complain about min wage. it's never going to change so stop complaining. while those who do make $15.00/per hour do not qualify for public assistance but those who do in fact live off of min wage do get public assistance and help with daycare ( link, connect) medical card for the children in the house hold and mostly likely food stamps. so in the end, those who do have a " crappy fast food job " get off better than those who work for a living , pay for medical, pay into our 401k ect..
west virginia

Youngstown, OH

#90 Sep 19, 2013
Yea They should make $15 , hell I'm all about people getting paid more, who cares I they didn't go to college, honestly I don't think people learn anything in college these days anyway just how to play beer pong and how to knock off a lot of sexy wemon!!
NO

United States

#91 Sep 21, 2013
Hell no.
sorrymess

Ireland

#92 Sep 21, 2013
macdonals should be closed down, such a rubbish food products ruining many countrys,,,i had to eat there once ,,,its low life rubbbish food,, why its even a topic amazes me,,,
hutmon

Barboursville, WV

#93 Sep 21, 2013
if they was worf 15 they would be already makin it.
jeez

Chesapeake, OH

#94 Sep 22, 2013
Tadmore Ratsass wrote:
People are striking McDonalds for a wage of over 15/hr. They want a living wage.

Then they should get off their collective asses and better themselves.

Just a bunch of unmotivated, lazy, half-wits, looking for what is effectively another hand out!
You are an uninformed half wit for your comment. Some fast food employees are indeed very bright that have limited options. Who are you to judge them? These people are doing a very labor some job for effectively no money. To live in poverty and still do the right and productive thing. Work. You can't say that about half of the state.
tim

Hansford, WV

#95 Sep 22, 2013
jeez wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an uninformed half wit for your comment. Some fast food employees are indeed very bright that have limited options. Who are you to judge them? These people are doing a very labor some job for effectively no money. To live in poverty and still do the right and productive thing. Work. You can't say that about half of the state.
labor job that trained monkeys or robots could do. mcdonalds is doing you a favor by employing you instead of replacing you with a machine. there isn't any customer service anymore anyway. they don't even thank you half the time at the fast food restaurants.
kool aide

United States

#96 Sep 22, 2013
What should they thank you for fat ass, going threw the drivethrew and eating 3 Big Macs a fry and a mcflurry!!!
greco

Hansford, WV

#97 Sep 22, 2013
kool aide wrote:
What should they thank you for fat ass, going threw the drivethrew and eating 3 Big Macs a fry and a mcflurry!!!
How about for spending my money and keeping them employed di*k licker. Do you think they pick money off trees to pay employees?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Miller from Alum Creek area 5 min Heystupid 6
Korea 44 min Vet 30
Community Yard Sale Sat May 6, Lower Sandlick Road 1 hr Community Yard Sale 1
Who is selling heroin in south ruffner 1 hr Beth 3
Just saw a lady fall at the Outback 2 hr marriedsoigivenohead 23
Crystal Hoffman arrested once again 5 hr Stills 10
Free food at Kroger 5 hr PamC 9

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance