Really Now

Newport News, VA

#57 Aug 30, 2013
beard wrote:
McDonalds, KFC, all of em are on my list along with Walmart of places ill never go because they treat they're employees worse than animals. Solidarity is the only thing that will make a change.
Nobody is forcing the workers to stay? Those same people I'm sure looooooove Walmarts Everyday Low Prices. How do you think they get so low. If don't like 7 bucks for flipping burgers or stocking shelves...they should try bettering themselves for a better job. Fastfood jobs weren't meant to be a career move. If you need more money to live a certain life style ....get 2 jobs. I had to.....and went to school. There were no protestors in Newport News Va that we saw.
Really Now

Newport News, VA

#58 Aug 30, 2013
Got to love the posts.....Hate the rich....Hate the rich. Pleeeease
wuuuumpfffff

Danville, WV

#59 Aug 30, 2013
Rahroh wrote:
let's see if they can last past the first no paycheck week of the strike. if they can it proves the point that they already make enough money. it's all fun and games until someone get's their eye poked out.
BAM!!
stoney

Charleston, WV

#60 Aug 31, 2013
Ever heard of inflation? Those Big Macs will be $10. You make what someone is willing to pay...if you don't like it, better yourself. Better yet "unionize" fast food...they will eventually go out of business and we will all eat healthier! Win Win!!
whatzup

Danville, WV

#61 Aug 31, 2013
big macs will be $10 and your landlord will raise your rent and you will be cryin the blues again.
Beware

Richmond, VA

#62 Aug 31, 2013
well if I was the president of McDonald's I would give the employee the raise they wanted.

McDonald's make enough money to do this, and provide an example for the rest of the fast food resteraunt's.

Ill lead the sign's of the time and let the rest follow me, just imagine the money you could get off this.

It would be better than any commerical you could ever run.
Charleston Resident

Alexandria, VA

#63 Aug 31, 2013
I'm so sick of all these protests. It's not gonna happen folks!!!!!

Charleston, WV

#64 Sep 2, 2013
They lost. Strike over with nothing to show for it.

Need to replace those idiots with automation.
Jacob

Chesapeake, VA

#65 Sep 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]They lost. Strike over with nothing to show for it.
Need to replace those idiots with automation.[/QUOTE]Lol, just like they did in Detroit, you Dumdazz! You Hill billies have about as much brains as I carry around in my ball sack.
frank

Hurricane, WV

#66 Sep 2, 2013
Get back to work and make me a hamburger, you skilless lazy bastards.

Since: May 13

Winifrede, WV

#67 Sep 2, 2013
If they start paying them $15/hr I will quit my job and go to work there. I have a college degree and have been employed in the same location in my graduate field for 17 years and hardly make more than that. And I guarantee I work harder than any McDonalds employee. There is a minimum wage for a reason. In fact it has went up twice since the last time I had a raise.
Davonell

Brookneal, VA

#68 Sep 2, 2013
wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Compassion? Compassion for what? Laziness? Lack of initiative? lack of birth control? lack of any desire to live within their means? lack of any real sense of their place on this earth?
I'm very sorry everyone does not live up to your expectations. It is called freedom. You probably voted Obama and don't understand that term. I have every right to be lazy, ""F"" all day if that is what I want to do and have kids by the dozens. Get another job and help to pay my welfare. You can play with your Wang in the meantime.
Herpa derp

White Lake, MI

#69 Sep 3, 2013
Hell no. Minimum wage needs to be about 9-10 an hour but 15!? Are they nuts!? My order is wrong half the time, the employees are rude as hell a third of the time, god help me if their computers are down and thye have to do basic math, I'd be there 20 minutes. Why the hell should someone with no skills, training, experience, etc be paid more than emts, vet techs, sanitation workers, etc?
Murphy

Brookneal, VA

#70 Sep 3, 2013
Crystal wrote:
This has been going on for years. Back in 2008 they wanted $20.00/ hour. I don't think it's right. Why is it fair for them of being paid more then what many jobs are not making ? They'll be making more then coal miners and most office jobs. More then emt"s even. No!!!!!!
Why don't you just worry about your wages and let other people negociate their wages? I usually try to mind my own business and not be envious of others. You would do well to follow my lead and then you could live happier. What coal miners make is none of my business. I'm happy for the fry cook if he is smart enough to get $15.00 an hour. You sound like Obama. He would like to tell everyone what they can make.
Murphy

Brookneal, VA

#71 Sep 3, 2013
Herpa derp wrote:
Hell no. Minimum wage needs to be about 9-10 an hour but 15!? Are they nuts!? My order is wrong half the time, the employees are rude as hell a third of the time, god help me if their computers are down and thye have to do basic math, I'd be there 20 minutes. Why the hell should someone with no skills, training, experience, etc be paid more than emts, vet techs, sanitation workers, etc?
They should be paid more because they were smarter than the EMTs and Vet techs by negociating better pay. I see nothing wrong with better pay. Maybe fat people should be paid more because they eat more. Get my drift Moron??
fukno

United States

#72 Sep 4, 2013
If they get a raise does that mean middle class and above get one?? We have to adjust to cost of living also. Because gas bread beef chicken and ect cost will go up also!!!!
clain cool

Milton, WV

#73 Sep 4, 2013
obama will back it happen so the blks and mexs will stay and work thats the best they can do
Levi

Brookneal, VA

#74 Sep 4, 2013
I met a guy from Virginia today college educated living out of his car with his poodle. He ask if I knew of any jobs available. I ask him who he voted for and he said Obama. I told him then he needed to ask Obama for a job. He wanted change and he got change. Now he is homeless and jobless. You will see and hear of more and more people that way in the future. The American people wanted a free ride and now they are homeless and jobless.

Charleston, WV

#75 Sep 8, 2013
Levi wrote:
I met a guy from Virginia today college educated living out of his car with his poodle. He ask if I knew of any jobs available. I ask him who he voted for and he said Obama. I told him then he needed to ask Obama for a job. He wanted change and he got change. Now he is homeless and jobless. You will see and hear of more and more people that way in the future. The American people wanted a free ride and now they are homeless and jobless.
Well said.
barney rife

Liberty, WV

#76 Sep 8, 2013
no dont pay more thats a teenage job to earn extra money' not a life time job' i hope they shut them down i dont eat at any of them' maybe kfc onces in a blue moon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Dale Earnhardt DUI (Aug '13) 2 hr MyBrother33 86
Tara at Tidewater (Aug '13) 3 hr DopeHead that works 16
Tommy Webb and Robert Oxley cooking up a storm 3 hr DopeHead that works 4
Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority -- Charles... (Jul '13) 6 hr hotschott 481
CPD Continue Carroll Terrace Apartments Raids (Apr '14) 6 hr hotschott 53
North Charleston U Haul 6 hr Andrew B 1
CARROLL TERRACE APARTMENTS -- Bed-Bugs Hi-Rise ... (Aug '14) 7 hr Shanda 13
Charleston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web