Should fast food employees make $15/hour
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#27 Aug 30, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>Ray Kroc the owner of McDonalds fast food has a networth of 500 million dollars, and you are bitching about his employees wanting more money for their services. You are indeed a ratass!
Ray Kroc died in 1984. He was NOT the owner, just the developer....it is a CORPORATION....He also was a MAJORITY Shareholder of the Padres...
1 post removed
Lillian

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Aug 30, 2013
hell no wrote:
I'm sorry unless your a student working your way through school a fast food restaurant shouldn't pay you 15 an hour. That's a minimum wage job they hire people without any experience because you don't need to know anything to work there.
If they don't need to know anything why do they always give me back the wrong change??
Lillian

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Aug 30, 2013
MsKamish wrote:
There will always be people that expect to get without giving. McDonalds is NOT a CAREER PATH Employer. For a select few, that move to management and up the Corporate ladder, It is different. But that is true in ANY INDUSTRY. If you want to TRY to ENSURE a living wage, EDUCATE YOURSELF as to what that really means. The days of getting a job, retiring with a gold watch from THAT EMPLOYER after 50 years is OVER. The average person changes careers like some do underwear...
Get an education that will ALLOW YOU to be competitive in a world economy, that doesn't PIGEON hole you into one job catagory..
Fast food is just that: Quick, fast, and easy...just like the jobs they offer. And not necessarily GOOD for you!
I know several college graduates that don't make a living wage. Where have you been?? Changing your underwear? A college degree has no guarantee of a living wage.
getreal

Charleston, WV

#31 Aug 30, 2013
Lillian wrote:
<quoted text>If they don't need to know anything why do they always give me back the wrong change??
Because they aren't looking at the register...it TELLS how much change to give...but they would NEED to be PAYING ATTENTION to their duties.....not talking to another workers, laughing joking, or pi$$ing and moaning about their woes......
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#32 Aug 30, 2013
Lillian wrote:
<quoted text>I know several college graduates that don't make a living wage. Where have you been?? Changing your underwear? A college degree has no guarantee of a living wage.
Not always, true. Social Workers are a perfect example. What it DOES give you,'Lil...is OPTIONS YOU WOULDN'T NECESSARILY HAVE.
And yes...my Underwear is ALWAYS CLEAN.....Especially AFTER COLLEGE. Grad School, trade training. and CEU's. Education is FUN for some and a chore for others.
We don't quit learning, growing,evolving and changing until we die. Someone should have taught you that..
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#33 Aug 30, 2013
Lillian wrote:
<quoted text>I know several college graduates that don't make a living wage. Where have you been?? Changing your underwear? A college degree has no guarantee of a living wage.
Lillian, there are so many that don't have college degrees that wish they did have them. A degree will more than likely land you a good than not having one. I don't have the best job in the world, but I love what I'm doing now that I'm at a point to where I can pick and choose my own work times in my own home alone with my husband. Yes, we are fortunate ones to be able to do this, but! without college backgrounds, these conditions would not be possible. Our three children worked at waiting tables to help with their college, and now all three have setteled into their carreres and doing great. Not all fast food employees and waiteresses are looking for life wages, some are trying to better themselves with a college degree. And yes, I do believe the rich, such as, Mr Kroc can afford to pay their employees better wages!
okay

Saint Albans, WV

#34 Aug 30, 2013
I know I will not stop at mcdonalds, they can afford to bay their employee better then min wage.
Patsy

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Aug 30, 2013
okay wrote:
I know I will not stop at mcdonalds, they can afford to bay their employee better then min wage.
The last time you were at McDonalds they told you to bathe and clean up before you came back??
beard

United States

#36 Aug 30, 2013
McDonalds, KFC, all of em are on my list along with Walmart of places ill never go because they treat they're employees worse than animals. Solidarity is the only thing that will make a change.
WilburI no college

Charlottesville, VA

#37 Aug 30, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>Lillian, there are so many that don't have college degrees that wish they did have them. A degree will more than likely land you a good than not having one. I don't have the best job in the world, but I love what I'm doing now that I'm at a point to where I can pick and choose my own work times in my own home alone with my husband. Yes, we are fortunate ones to be able to do this, but! without college backgrounds, these conditions would not be possible. Our three children worked at waiting tables to help with their college, and now all three have setteled into their carreres and doing great. Not all fast food employees and waiteresses are looking for life wages, some are trying to better themselves with a college degree. And yes, I do believe the rich, such as, Mr Kroc can afford to pay their employees better wages!
I don't have a college degreeege either. I have two retirement checks and SS. I owe no one and have medical for life. I think it is called determination. PS My wife has no degree either. She retired as a GS-11.We also have three(all college graduates). One of mine worked in college.
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#38 Aug 30, 2013
Maybe this is really just a government ploy to get people to cut down on eating fast food! I mean, after a burger fries and drink totals $34.95 to pay for their high wages more people will go home and actually cook a nutritious dinner and sit down with family. What a concept!
Mskamish

Charleston, WV

#39 Aug 30, 2013
beard wrote:
McDonalds, KFC, all of em are on my list along with Walmart of places ill never go because they treat they're employees worse than animals. Solidarity is the only thing that will make a change.
Where do you shop? That leaves minimal affordable options for many. If you are claiming that Kroger's is there for you...I can't see them that way. ALL COPORATIONS are in business for one thing..minimize costs, and maximaize profits.
beard

United States

#40 Aug 30, 2013
Mskamish wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you shop? That leaves minimal affordable options for many. If you are claiming that Kroger's is there for you...I can't see them that way. ALL COPORATIONS are in business for one thing..minimize costs, and maximaize profits.
I'm aware but Kroger does treat they're employees better. It's only a substitute for a few more years till I'm out if the US.
Mskamish

Charleston, WV

#41 Aug 30, 2013
I wouldn't exchange this democracy for anything. A FREE ride to another country, wouldn't even entice me.
My experience with Kroger as an employer has not been positive, you must have ben fortunate. I'm going to keep up my garden and keep up my canning....at least it will make a dent!
But, I will enjoy fast food on occassion.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#42 Aug 30, 2013
WilburI no college wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a college degreeege either. I have two retirement checks and SS. I owe no one and have medical for life. I think it is called determination. PS My wife has no degree either. She retired as a GS-11.We also have three(all college graduates). One of mine worked in college.
Winky Dinky! What is your point? My point was, "it is better to have than not to have". Don't you think life is dealing your children a better hand by them having college degrees?
Jay

Charleston, WV

#43 Aug 30, 2013
No they shouldn't and I feel qualified to say this because I work in fast food.

Nothing I do, difficult though it can sometimes be is worth 15 dollars an hour. I possess no special or unique skills and consider myself lucky to have the job in the first place.

Charleston, WV

#44 Aug 30, 2013
I read several posts pro the 15/hr demands

You guys are just showing your ignorance.

They are not worth 15/hour wage. Get off your butts and work hard to improve your life and stop blaming others for your shortcomings
beard

United States

#45 Aug 30, 2013
Mskamish wrote:
I wouldn't exchange this democracy for anything. A FREE ride to another country, wouldn't even entice me.
My experience with Kroger as an employer has not been positive, you must have ben fortunate. I'm going to keep up my garden and keep up my canning....at least it will make a dent!
But, I will enjoy fast food on occassion.
That's perfectly fine, you love this country and want to stay, I can't get out fast enough. Nothing wrong with differences
1 post removed
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#47 Aug 30, 2013
MsKamish wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray Kroc died in 1984. He was NOT the owner, just the developer....it is a CORPORATION....He also was a MAJORITY Shareholder of the Padres...
I was exposing his wealth as compared to the min wage he pays his employees. Common sense tells that McD's is a corp run by a bunch of rich people. How are they getting rich? Give you one guess.
2 posts removed

Charleston, WV

#50 Aug 30, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>I was exposing his wealth as compared to the min wage he pays his employees. Common sense tells that McD's is a corp run by a bunch of rich people. How are they getting rich? Give you one guess.
You whine a lot. Is your life that miserable ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loans for Grandparents Raising Grandkids 25 min Lonnie 2
Crystal Hoffman got busted again 28 min Ben 8
Tanisha Hairston 47 min Latisha 89
Dale Earnhardt Sr. 2 hr Seriously 20
News Funeral Businesses Adapts to Changing Times (Jun '10) 3 hr flood mud 6
O'Charleys and Hepatitus A 4 hr Seriously 32
Bubba Slater 5 hr girl_interrupted 4
Best news anchor 13 hr sammy 65

Charleston Jobs

Personal Finance