Should fast food employees make $15/hour

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Tadmore Ratsass

Charleston, WV

#1 Aug 29, 2013
People are striking McDonalds for a wage of over 15/hr. They want a living wage.

Then they should get off their collective asses and better themselves.

Just a bunch of unmotivated, lazy, half-wits, looking for what is effectively another hand out!
1 post removed
nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Tadmore Ratsass wrote:
People are striking McDonalds for a wage of over 15/hr. They want a living wage.
Then they should get off their collective asses and better themselves.
Just a bunch of unmotivated, lazy, half-wits, looking for what is effectively another hand out!
I would like to see them make as much as possible.$15.00 an Hr is no money in this economy. I hope they get it then more in benefits, if thatt is possible.
Lou

Brookneal, VA

#4 Aug 29, 2013
Yes.
poop stain

Danville, WV

#5 Aug 29, 2013
Sure, pay them $15 an hour, fire half of them because the stock holders want you to make a profit and then make the ones left work twice as hard to get everything done.. kind of like what unions do for the employees... no wonder unions are failing.
just say no

Dunbar, WV

#6 Aug 29, 2013
so pay them more then some coal miners now thats dumb' fire them hire new ppl' i mean if thats the best job they can find ' thats there fought' be like a paper boy wanting 11 dollars a hour' they want more go back to school and get a real job' not a teenage job
bumpercar

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Aug 29, 2013
Yes, they deserve a living wage, they work hard to serve all of you that eat at those places every day. And in response to an earlier post, yes they should make more than all coal miners, they're the ones that need to stop b!itching and find a real job
air raid

Danville, WV

#8 Aug 29, 2013
bumpercar wrote:
Yes, they deserve a living wage, they work hard to serve all of you that eat at those places every day. And in response to an earlier post, yes they should make more than all coal miners, they're the ones that need to stop b!itching and find a real job
why do they deserve a living wage? They didn't go to college and chose to pop out baby after baby. Why should I pay more for my big mac because they don't want to better themselves
bumpercar

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Aug 29, 2013
air raid wrote:
<quoted text>why do they deserve a living wage? They didn't go to college and chose to pop out baby after baby. Why should I pay more for my big mac because they don't want to better themselves

Did you stop to think that maybe it wasn't possible? For multiple socioeconomic reasons? And besides if you had to pay more for it people would eat less of it and be healthy. It's a win win all around.
Hmmmm

Coraopolis, PA

#10 Aug 29, 2013
Hate to tell you this but many college educated ppl are not making a living wage either. Just because someone is working in the food industry does not mean they are worthless. Jobs are hard to come by in this economy and some take what jobs are there at the moment. Kudos for trying!
fed up

Nitro, WV

#11 Aug 29, 2013
Those kind of jobs are not meant to live off of. These strikes are put on by unions to build up their membership. Obama and his unions are trying to ruin this country.
2 posts removed
ghan

Danville, WV

#14 Aug 29, 2013
Ray Kroc spent $3 million to buy a couple Mcdonalds and turned it into thousands of Mcdonalds employing tens of thousands of employees...

Now explain to me why the fry cook who picks her nose and complains because her bunions and back hurt should make $15 per hour...Maybe if she would save the money she has instead of buying $400 telephones and $600 ipads she would see that she already makes a living wage.
Lou

Brookneal, VA

#15 Aug 29, 2013
bumpercar wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you stop to think that maybe it wasn't possible? For multiple socioeconomic reasons? And besides if you had to pay more for it people would eat less of it and be healthy. It's a win win all around.
Because it is the right thing to do. You probably don't understand that because you were too busy getting a college education. You get a failing grade on compassion.
hell no

Charleston, WV

#16 Aug 29, 2013
I'm sorry unless your a student working your way through school a fast food restaurant shouldn't pay you 15 an hour. That's a minimum wage job they hire people without any experience because you don't need to know anything to work there.
wang

Danville, WV

#17 Aug 29, 2013
Lou wrote:
<quoted text>Because it is the right thing to do. You probably don't understand that because you were too busy getting a college education. You get a failing grade on compassion.
Compassion? Compassion for what? Laziness? Lack of initiative? lack of birth control? lack of any desire to live within their means? lack of any real sense of their place on this earth?
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Aug 29, 2013
ghan wrote:
Ray Kroc spent $3 million to buy a couple Mcdonalds and turned it into thousands of Mcdonalds employing tens of thousands of employees...
Now explain to me why the fry cook who picks her nose and complains because her bunions and back hurt should make $15 per hour...Maybe if she would save the money she has instead of buying $400 telephones and $600 ipads she would see that she already makes a living wage.
Why ghan, not all fry cooks pick their noses's and complain about their bunions, some have children to raise that have health problems that need the extra cash. I do believe you are over exegeration a little about the ipads and phones, you little bugger. They will get their $15.00 per hr, then you may apply for a fry cook job. Hopefully you don't aquire bunions as you tirelesly walk those hard floors waiting on the likes of your piers.$15.00 an Hr is probably more money than you have seen in your entire life. Times are changing ghan!
Crystal

Alexandria, VA

#19 Aug 30, 2013
This has been going on for years. Back in 2008 they wanted $20.00/ hour. I don't think it's right. Why is it fair for them of being paid more then what many jobs are not making ? They'll be making more then coal miners and most office jobs. More then emt"s even. No!!!!!!
2 posts removed
true story

Charleston, WV

#22 Aug 30, 2013
If they were capable of actually doing their job, sure, give them a raise. Most of those lazy asses only pretend to do their job, blaming the customers when orders are wrong.

Most of them don't deserve more money, because they're not willing to do $15/hr worth of work.

If they start paying McD's staff that much, I'll quit my desk job and go take one of theirs.
1 post removed
wonton

Danville, WV

#24 Aug 30, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text> As long as you and others are satisifed with their wages, these poor people will always be working for their rich "Employers".. Troll, I am not!
"...These poor people..." don't supervise thousands of employees and manage multi million dollar corporations like their "rich" employers do. If "the poor people" are happy doing work that a trained monkey can do then they will get paid like a trained monkey. Flip a burger, shove a pie into a bag, clean the salt off the counter,and try to balance your cash register. It ain't rocket science.

If you want to become a "rich employer" then pull yourself up from the lifes hole you made for yourself then get an education, stop spending your jingle on gold necklaces, tattoos and phones, keep your legs closed, pull up your pants and apply yourself.

Nobody has ever been successful in life by being coddled.
Rahroh

Danville, WV

#25 Aug 30, 2013
let's see if they can last past the first no paycheck week of the strike. if they can it proves the point that they already make enough money. it's all fun and games until someone get's their eye poked out.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#26 Aug 30, 2013
There will always be people that expect to get without giving. McDonalds is NOT a CAREER PATH Employer. For a select few, that move to management and up the Corporate ladder, It is different. But that is true in ANY INDUSTRY. If you want to TRY to ENSURE a living wage, EDUCATE YOURSELF as to what that really means. The days of getting a job, retiring with a gold watch from THAT EMPLOYER after 50 years is OVER. The average person changes careers like some do underwear...

Get an education that will ALLOW YOU to be competitive in a world economy, that doesn't PIGEON hole you into one job catagory..

Fast food is just that: Quick, fast, and easy...just like the jobs they offer. And not necessarily GOOD for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Black Convicted Felon and Parole Violato... (Aug '14) 29 min trubdare 12
Local business turns away customers. 30 min Pile Fan 9
Anthony stoked 31 min trubdare 1
Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority -- Charles... (Jul '13) 31 min truth 483
Delcina Moore (DeeDee) 31 min REAL TALK 16
Another Cop Coverup 1 hr I think you meant... 7
Jarrett Terrace Apartments (Dec '13) 1 hr rbrownie 19
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE