Nitro council appoints John Montgomer...

Nitro council appoints John Montgomery to fill seat

There are 107 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Nitro council appoints John Montgomery to fill seat. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Montgomery, a tax lawyer who had worked for the state, has already served on the council's ordinance and planning committees, Nitro Mayor Dave Casebolt said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

The problem is

Evans City, PA

#44 Feb 25, 2013
Mathews you are lucky to be married to what you are married to with that huge belly over hang of yours. Gross!
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#45 Feb 25, 2013
Please don't respond to the last two posts.

Go Wildcats!
Yeah Right

Roseland, NJ

#46 Feb 25, 2013
I think the post from yesterday from NHS83 deserves reposting:

Craig thought you weren't responding. Man for someone not responding you sure keep posting.

Laurie Elkins is a Jerry Springer reject. She showed her white trash core in the parking lot after a council meeting.

As for her being a good mother. Not according to your friend Karen who posted about a pathetic excuse for a mother to someone whose children didn't have Mrs. Elkins issues. What you hypocrites forget is that your own people have issues. Yet you try to defame others. So don't be surprised when the dirt and skeletons in their closet are thrown out there for public consumption.

So if the poster karen was talking is a pathetic excuse for a mother then Laurie Elkins needs to go back and start over because she is a horrible mother. Just using Karens standard of a good mother.

Oh and just so people don't forget. Here is my post from earlier:

Don't respond.

What we know.

Craig Matthews while handling his brother fire fighters money, mishandled funds and his bonding company paid out more than 40,000.

Craig Matthews was living outside the city and ran for re election.

Dave Casebolt while on council put a bogus ordinance through so one business could get video lottery.

Dave Casebolt while on council allowed his friend to take 20,000 from the city for a SALVAGED TITLE TRUCK. CAR FAX SHOWED LEMON ALERT.

Dave Casebolt is using his position as Mayor to put his employer in a position to make money off the city.

Dave Casebolt has since becoming Mayor given away city services FOR FREE to select one select business.

John Young has had two lawsuits filed against him. The first one the SEXUAL HARASSMENT SUIT has cost the city a six figure settlement. The second one coming, another harassent suit will cost the city more than the last.

John Young has made statements under oath that totally discredits him.

Dave Casebolt is taking no action against his friend A.J. Shinn for sleeping through calls.

There are things going on right now that when exposed will shock many.

Don't forget Craig you aren't suppose to respond.
Stu Pidasso

Chesapeake, OH

#47 Feb 25, 2013
NITROWILDCAT wrote:
Please don't respond to the last two posts.
Go Wildcats!
well the good news is, ain't nobody got time to read all that!! Shew, wears me out just scrolling past it!
Outside lookin in

Charleston, WV

#48 Feb 25, 2013
You people are funny.....
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#49 Feb 25, 2013
Outside lookin in wrote:
You people are funny.....
Welcome!!

Go Wildcats!
Yeah Right

Roseland, NJ

#50 Feb 25, 2013
Craig unfortunately for you most people don't just scroll past it.

People are now finding out about your fleecing your fellow fire fighters in Charleston. The fact you misused money and your bonding company had to pay out more than 40,000.
Outside lookin in

Charleston, WV

#51 Feb 25, 2013
Yeah Right wrote:
Craig unfortunately for you most people don't just scroll past it.
People are now finding out about your fleecing your fellow fire fighters in Charleston. The fact you misused money and your bonding company had to pay out more than 40,000.
Seems to be if this was as big of an issue as you are making it out to be he would no longer be a Charleston Firefighter... My understanding is he is not only still with the fire department, but was promoted not to long ago... Is it possible that rather then misusing the money that there were human errors that anyone could make?? Maybe that is why the City still employs him...... I am sure they investigated it. If it is as you say it is... Your ramblings are getting a little old.
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#52 Feb 25, 2013
Outside lookin in wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be if this was as big of an issue as you are making it out to be he would no longer be a Charleston Firefighter... My understanding is he is not only still with the fire department, but was promoted not to long ago... Is it possible that rather then misusing the money that there were human errors that anyone could make?? Maybe that is why the City still employs him...... I am sure they investigated it. If it is as you say it is... Your ramblings are getting a little old.
Just ignore them please.

Go Wildcats!
Happy Citizen

Hurricane, WV

#53 Feb 25, 2013
I think Ill go out for a walk and hopefully run into some wonderful Nitro citizens. I love this town!!
Mason Jars

Martinsburg, WV

#54 Feb 25, 2013
Yes indeed, a cool nice brisk walk down any street in Nitro is now a pleasure. People seem to have an upbeat positive outlook and are more than willing to say hello and have a nice day. What a wonder it will be this spring to get out in my yard and plant my flowers and yes i am going to try my hand at some real gardening. Tomato and Bananna peppers along with some cucumbers sound just fine to me. I may even try my luck with some watermelons

Go Wildcats!
1 post removed
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#56 Feb 25, 2013
Yes it sure was a great day for a walk. I thought I heard the theme music from the Andy Griffith Show when I was walking, maybe it was just in my head!

Go Wildcats!
The problem is

Acme, PA

#57 Feb 25, 2013
Mason Jars wrote:
Yes indeed, a cool nice brisk walk down any street in Nitro is now a pleasure. People seem to have an upbeat positive outlook and are more than willing to say hello and have a nice day. What a wonder it will be this spring to get out in my yard and plant my flowers and yes i am going to try my hand at some real gardening. Tomato and Bananna peppers along with some cucumbers sound just fine to me. I may even try my luck with some watermelons
Go Wildcats!
Did your hippo butt get winded? Nitro has always been upbeat and happy. Move on Mathews.
Happy Citizen

Hurricane, WV

#58 Feb 25, 2013
That was me! I was whistling the tune to the Andy Griffith song as I walked. I love this town and the good people that live here!!!!!!
The problem is

Acme, PA

#59 Feb 25, 2013
Ok dork!
Too funny

Acme, PA

#60 Feb 25, 2013
Outside lookin in wrote:
<quoted text>
You just opened up a can of worms. Too funny! He defrauded Nitro and falsifed his residency. Lmao!
Happy Citizen

Hurricane, WV

#61 Feb 25, 2013
Mason Jars wrote:
Go Wildcats!
The garden idea is a great one. I bet vegetables grow great in Nitro!
Yeah Right

Roseland, NJ

#62 Feb 25, 2013
Outside lookin in wrote:
<quoted text>
Actully no. Do you realize how hard it is to fire a civil servant.

The bonding company he worked for had to shell out more than 40,000. Not to mention the amount Matthews had to pay out of pocket to save his job and keep charges from being filed.

No human error would have a bonding company paying out that kind of money.

If you want the truth. Do what I did and start contacting the fire fighters he works with. As for any promotion. He is still under civil service and can test and must be promoted within the rank structure. But I don't see big boy on any committees where his input is valued. I don't see big boy ever getting past his current rank. Not with his jacket.

Keep whistling Craig - no one cares about you anymore. Just like one poster said, "Who is Craig Matthews."
Happy Citizen

Hurricane, WV

#63 Feb 25, 2013
I'm going to do it too. Plant a garden!
Stu Pidasso

Chesapeake, OH

#64 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Citizen wrote:
I'm going to do it too. Plant a garden!
Good luck. I've had the worst luck with tomatos since I moved to Nitro. I can't get them to grow for anything. I don't know what the problem is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can anyone tell me about Guardian ad litem Bren... (Feb '16) 3 min maryrymel 12
Random weird 10 min Thundermonkey 1
Endocrinologist 1 hr Get a life 16
Does anyone one know Jeffery Legg from SC? 1 hr Ariel 3
Tracy Clark McCallister 2 hr Shane 19
Thanks republicans 2 hr Trump 39
Matt Harkins 3 hr jennifer 12
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 8 hr jonjedi 1,257

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web