Nitro council appoints John Montgomer...

Nitro council appoints John Montgomery to fill seat

There are 107 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Nitro council appoints John Montgomery to fill seat. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Montgomery, a tax lawyer who had worked for the state, has already served on the council's ordinance and planning committees, Nitro Mayor Dave Casebolt said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#22 Feb 24, 2013
Don't respond.

What we know.

Craig Matthews while handling his brother fire fighters money, mishandled funds and his bonding company paid out more than 40,000.

Craig Matthews was living outside the city and ran for re election.

Dave Casebolt while on council put a bogus ordinance through so one business could get video lottery.

Dave Casebolt while on council allowed his friend to take 20,000 from the city for a SALVAGED TITLE TRUCK. CAR FAX SHOWED LEMON ALERT.

Dave Casebolt is using his position as Mayor to put his employer in a position to make money off the city.

Dave Casebolt has since becoming Mayor given away city services FOR FREE to select one select business.

John Young has had two lawsuits filed against him. The first one the SEXUAL HARASSMENT SUIT has cost the city a six figure settlement. The second one coming, another harassent suit will cost the city more than the last.

John Young has made statements under oath that totally discredits him.

Dave Casebolt is taking no action against his friend A.J. Shinn for sleeping through calls.

There are things going on right now that when exposed will shock many.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#23 Feb 24, 2013
Of course Craig Matthews doesn't want to keep the conversation going. People are now talking about what he did and his wrongdoing.

Matthews, Casebolt and Young can spread lies and try to personally destroy others but the minute someone talk about what they have done they don't want to say anything else.

Just sayin.
The problem is

Evans City, PA

#24 Feb 24, 2013
Nitro First wrote:
Of course Craig Matthews doesn't want to keep the conversation going. People are now talking about what he did and his wrongdoing.
Matthews, Casebolt and Young can spread lies and try to personally destroy others but the minute someone talk about what they have done they don't want to say anything else.
Just sayin.
Agreed!
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#25 Feb 24, 2013
Please don't respond to the previous two post. Thanks everyone for your support.

Go Wildcats!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#26 Feb 24, 2013
Craig take your own advise and stop posting. On the offchance you are trying to bury the post by NHS83 I am reposting:

Don't respond.

What we know.

Craig Matthews while handling his brother fire fighters money, mishandled funds and his bonding company paid out more than 40,000.

Craig Matthews was living outside the city and ran for re election.

Dave Casebolt while on council put a bogus ordinance through so one business could get video lottery.

Dave Casebolt while on council allowed his friend to take 20,000 from the city for a SALVAGED TITLE TRUCK. CAR FAX SHOWED LEMON ALERT.

Dave Casebolt is using his position as Mayor to put his employer in a position to make money off the city.

Dave Casebolt has since becoming Mayor given away city services FOR FREE to select one select business.

John Young has had two lawsuits filed against him. The first one the SEXUAL HARASSMENT SUIT has cost the city a six figure settlement. The second one coming, another harassent suit will cost the city more than the last.

John Young has made statements under oath that totally discredits him.

Dave Casebolt is taking no action against his friend A.J. Shinn for sleeping through calls.

There are things going on right now that when exposed will shock many.
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#27 Feb 24, 2013
Thanks everyone for not responding to the previous post!

Go Wildcats

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#28 Feb 24, 2013
Craig it is funny to watch you act like just because you are not out here under your two dozen user names pretend people are listening to you tell them to respond.

I still am going to put back up NHS83s post:

Don't respond.

What we know.

Craig Matthews while handling his brother fire fighters money, mishandled funds and his bonding company paid out more than 40,000.

Craig Matthews was living outside the city and ran for re election.

Dave Casebolt while on council put a bogus ordinance through so one business could get video lottery.

Dave Casebolt while on council allowed his friend to take 20,000 from the city for a SALVAGED TITLE TRUCK. CAR FAX SHOWED LEMON ALERT.

Dave Casebolt is using his position as Mayor to put his employer in a position to make money off the city.

Dave Casebolt has since becoming Mayor given away city services FOR FREE to select one select business.

John Young has had two lawsuits filed against him. The first one the SEXUAL HARASSMENT SUIT has cost the city a six figure settlement. The second one coming, another harassent suit will cost the city more than the last.

John Young has made statements under oath that totally discredits him.

Dave Casebolt is taking no action against his friend A.J. Shinn for sleeping through calls.

There are things going on right now that when exposed will shock many.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#29 Feb 24, 2013
NHS83 forgot about John Youngs brother being arrested and charged for possession of Kiddie Porn. He is still awaiting sentening last anyone heard.

Not to mention the fact John Young said under oath in that deposition that he was getting to the age where he couldn't remember to zip his pants when leaving the bathroom. That is why he asked the former city employee if his pants were zipped and made an off color remark when she looked.

There are just so many things to actually talk about it is almost funny.

By the way John are your pants zipped today.
1 post removed
not clueless

Chesapeake, OH

#31 Feb 24, 2013
NHS83 wrote:
Karen and not clueless do you not see how ridiculous you both are. You call someone you don't know a pitiful excuse for a mother.

But when that person tells you that their children are productive you continue your attack.

As for Laurie Elkins does it make her a pitiful excuse for a mother because her children obviously missed the message before that it is wrong to steal? Is Dave Casebolt a pitiful excuse for a father because two of his grown sons have criminal records in their youth?

Now remember your standard for someone whose children did not steal or have isues with drugs.

So using your standard Laurie Elkins and Dave Casebolt would also be considered pathetic excuse for parents.

By the way. Other than disagreeing with you about what is actualling going on in Nitro has the poster done to be as you say a pathetic excuse for a parent. I say parent because not sure if a mom or dad.
I never called anyone anything so you can get your facts straight. You're always twisting the facts. I say Laurie is a good mom as I know her personally and have seen her w her kids. So please keep me out of it. I'm just saying you can't say what your kids have or haven't done because nobody is with them 24/7/365.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#32 Feb 24, 2013
not clueless if you read the post carefully I think NHS83 was directing to you and Karen. She didn't attribute everything to you.

I happen to think that a parent who has no one but two kids with sticky fingers has some serious parenting issues.

As her children are pre teens then yes the parents are directly responsible and according to the law responsible for their actions.
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#33 Feb 24, 2013
Karen wrote:
<quoted text> y'all missed some great Bball!! And your Nitro 2nd graders won against Lincoln Co Panthers...it was a fantastic game!! Oh, won in OT even!! Good job Nitro!
Awesome, great job Nitro 2nd graders!!!

Go Wildcats
Happy Citizen

Hurricane, WV

#34 Feb 24, 2013
Congratulations to the 2nd graders!
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#35 Feb 24, 2013
not clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
I never called anyone anything so you can get your facts straight. You're always twisting the facts. I say Laurie is a good mom as I know her personally and have seen her w her kids. So please keep me out of it. I'm just saying you can't say what your kids have or haven't done because nobody is with them 24/7/365.
We all know Dr. Laurie Elkins is a good mom. She is a vital part of Nitro's Council and well respected in Nitro.
Please just ignore the posts from these people.

Go Wildcats!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#36 Feb 24, 2013
Craig thought you weren't responding. Man for someone not responding you sure keep posting.

Laurie Elkins is a Jerry Springer reject. She showed her white trash core in the parking lot after a council meeting.

As for her being a good mother. Not according to your friend Karen who posted about a pathetic excuse for a mother to someone whose children didn't have Mrs. Elkins issues. What you hypocrites forget is that your own people have issues. Yet you try to defame others. So don't be surprised when the dirt and skeletons in their closet are thrown out there for public consumption.

So if the poster karen was talking is a pathetic excuse for a mother then Laurie Elkins needs to go back and start over because she is a horrible mother. Just using Karens standard of a good mother.

Oh and just so people don't forget. Here is my post from earlier:

Don't respond.

What we know.

Craig Matthews while handling his brother fire fighters money, mishandled funds and his bonding company paid out more than 40,000.

Craig Matthews was living outside the city and ran for re election.

Dave Casebolt while on council put a bogus ordinance through so one business could get video lottery.

Dave Casebolt while on council allowed his friend to take 20,000 from the city for a SALVAGED TITLE TRUCK. CAR FAX SHOWED LEMON ALERT.

Dave Casebolt is using his position as Mayor to put his employer in a position to make money off the city.

Dave Casebolt has since becoming Mayor given away city services FOR FREE to select one select business.

John Young has had two lawsuits filed against him. The first one the SEXUAL HARASSMENT SUIT has cost the city a six figure settlement. The second one coming, another harassent suit will cost the city more than the last.

John Young has made statements under oath that totally discredits him.

Dave Casebolt is taking no action against his friend A.J. Shinn for sleeping through calls.

There are things going on right now that when exposed will shock many.

Don't forget Craig you aren't suppose to respond.
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#37 Feb 24, 2013
Go Wildcats!
Stu Pidasso

Chesapeake, OH

#38 Feb 24, 2013
NITROWILDCAT wrote:
Go Wildcats!
so who's your driver wildcat? I root for Carl Edwards but I like Harvick too.
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#39 Feb 24, 2013
Stu I don't really have a favorite driver. I do think Danica Patrick is hot...

Go Wildcats!
Mason Jars

Martinsburg, WV

#40 Feb 25, 2013
Danica Patrick has the most beautiful alluring brown eyes i have ever see. With these new fangled flat screen 60 inch high definiton tv's you can almost feel like you are right inside those suckers. I watched a lenghty interview with Danica this past saturday before the Busch race and feel in love with her all over again.

A few years back i could say with 100% certainty that i would never have a crush on a Nascar Driver, but.....

That Vixen has changed all the rules.
Stu Pidasso

Chesapeake, OH

#41 Feb 25, 2013
Mason Jars wrote:
Danica Patrick has the most beautiful alluring brown eyes i have ever see. With these new fangled flat screen 60 inch high definiton tv's you can almost feel like you are right inside those suckers. I watched a lenghty interview with Danica this past saturday before the Busch race and feel in love with her all over again.
A few years back i could say with 100% Driver, but.....
That Vixen has changed all the rules.
Careful! You'll have Ricky Stenhouse knocking on your door, talking about his woman that way! Lucky Bastard! LOL On a more serious note , I was kinda impressed with her but she's got to be more aggressive. Especially leaving the pits!
Mason Jars

Martinsburg, WV

#42 Feb 25, 2013
The thing that impressed me most about her yesterday other than (her looks) was when Tony Stewart was taken out early in the race and she still managed to do as well as she did. I mean Jimmy Johnson had Jeff Gordon helping him and so forth, but Danica lost her most prized teammate early and still finished in the top ten. Almost top 5!

Yes Ricky Stenhouse is one lucky SOB. Who knows how long that'll last, but when he gets old and all he has left are his memories and maybe a bottle of ensure in the fridge, all he has to do is think back when he dated Danica and all will be fine again.

Yep having Danica as an ex sure makes the ol resume look good.

Her eyes are just so mesmerizing and her....

I better be quiet before i get in trouble

Go Wildcats!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Ellis Winland 24 min The truth 29
You're to be exposed! 35 min You're trash 7
Ring girl 46 min The truth 10
Michael Nelson 50 min Amanda 10
Danny Jones 1 hr Wvphoto 3
Trump protestors 2 hr suckle me 20
Does League Of Riders WV LORMC allow gays? 11 hr Lone Rider 5

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages