Child Endangerment laws of WV

Child Endangerment laws of WV

Posted in the Charleston Forum

Needing A Vessel

Columbia, SC

#1 Oct 14, 2012
Do drug addicted women giving birth to drug addicted infants, be charged by any facets of the Child Endangerment laws of WV? Or, must the infant expire before charges can be brought against the birth mother.

Thanking you in advance for any and all knowledge you could share
Needing A Vessel

Columbia, SC

#2 Oct 14, 2012
Needing A Vessel wrote:
Are drug addicted women giving birth to drug addicted infants, charged by any facets of the Child Endangerment laws of WV? Or, must the infant expire before charges can be brought against the birth mother.
Thanking you in advance for any and all knowledge you could share
Anybody?
Needing A Vessel

Columbia, SC

#3 Oct 15, 2012
I can't believe I have posted to the Charleston forum where the state capitol is located and not one person can help me.
1 post removed
James

Seth, WV

#5 Oct 16, 2012
Why not just look it up for yourself? http://www.legis.state.wv.us/wvcode/code.cfm
Needing a Vessel

Columbia, SC

#6 Oct 18, 2012
James wrote:
Why not just look it up for yourself? http://www.legis.state.wv.us/wvcode/code.cfm
I've not only searched, I've make phone calls for information.
Mothers that give birth to a drug addicted infant in WV, usually face no charges unless the infant dies.
These woman can still receive SSI checks and gov. assistance!!!
CPS takes custody of the infant and Mom is free to continue having drug addicted infants...at TAXPAYERS expense.
Not always

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 20, 2012
My sister is a nurse on the nicu and she's said she knows of more babies released to parents that are addicts than cps stepping in. With places like the methadone clinic and MDs giving the other junk suboxone I suppose is how it's spelled idk I don't do drugs I'm sure there are plenty of babies born addicted. If a woman becomes pregnant on either of those they don't take her off it during pregnancy and I suppose that's perfectly legal. Wv use to be one of the few states who didn't drug test pregnant women. It's all sad. Prescribed or not it's still drugs.
Confused and need help

Huntington, WV

#8 Dec 9, 2012
Can anyone tell me what classifies as child endangerment in West Virginia .and does leaving them at home with no adult super vision fall under those laws
Unbelievable

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 9, 2012
Confused and need help wrote:
Can anyone tell me what classifies as child endangerment in West Virginia .and does leaving them at home with no adult super vision fall under those laws
,,, yes if there below a certain age it does!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Negro's loitering at the Transit doing nothing. 2 min Camera phones rock 13
Nautilus in kanawha city? 5 min longtime member 3
Kanawha Electric Cuts Pay & hours 11 min Fed Up 144
Lock Her up 1 hr Wendall 14
Social Security Checks 1 hr Wendall 2
Hate Trumps Hillary 4 hr honest 3
Im with HER and it aint NANCY 9 hr Twinky 10

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance