All WV citizens should share in the ...

All WV citizens should share in the profits from our natural gas resources?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

charlie

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 14, 2013
Alaska citizens receive compensation for their natural resources, so why don't the citizens of West Virginia share in profits being made off the natural resources of our state.
thug

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 14, 2013
charlie wrote:
Alaska citizens receive compensation for their natural resources, so why don't the citizens of West Virginia share in profits being made off the natural resources of our state.
half of west Virginians do receive compensation from our natural resources, they just call it welfare.
corn husker

Charleston, WV

#3 Oct 23, 2013
i agree. with all the natural gas sittin under wv all of west virginians should be entitled to the profits made off the gas.
LandOwner

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Oct 23, 2013
We do get profits from it. If you own the mineral rights to the lad the well is on you receive profit. You can't receive money for setting on your ass!!! You have to work for it! I worked to be able to afford my land and now my land makes money for me
cricket

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 31, 2013
LandOwner wrote:
We do get profits from it. If you own the mineral rights to the lad the well is on you receive profit. You can't receive money for setting on your ass!!! You have to work for it! I worked to be able to afford my land and now my land makes money for me
its good you've got land. its all good you had support & opportunity to be able to purchase your land. but i don't think the issue is a'setting on your a$$' situation. i think its a larger picture that will impact the lives of all WV citizens. the large natural gas reserves are beneath the entire state of wv and should belong to all the citizens of the state. there are repercussions to 'extracting' the natural gas that is underneath the entire state and all the citizens are going to experience those repercussions in one way or another. A lot of states have stopped the 'fracking'(i think that's what its called) because of the adverse impact on the total state and its citizens. So it only seems right that if there will be an adverse impact on ALL the state that ALL the citizens of the state of wv should enjoy the profits as well as the negative impact.--as well, look at the financial impact and improvement in the lives of every man, woman, and child residing in the state of wv. the cultural of poverty plaguing the lives of so many in this state would at last be given some hope for the future. the advantages to sharing in the rewards of this states natural resources could turn this state around in so many positive ways.--Just think, you would still reap the benefit and profit of your land, as well, receive the financial benefit from being a citizen. It would be a win -win situation for you and other landowners.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 31, 2013
Are you kidding? The PROFITS from these companies doesn't ever even funnel back into the state....They are all OUT OF STATE "CORPS" that rarely invest back into the communities they RAPE....
gumby

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 31, 2013
MsKamish wrote:
Are you kidding? The PROFITS from these companies doesn't ever even funnel back into the state....They are all OUT OF STATE "CORPS" that rarely invest back into the communities they RAPE....
duh!-- why not try to change that around? perfect opportunity with the natural gas.
Woah Nelly

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 31, 2013
gumby wrote:
<quoted text>
duh!-- why not try to change that around? perfect opportunity with the natural gas.
Any suggestions? If you have a way to FORCE this to happen...run for office...we'd all vote for you...
killing swans for profit

Dunbar, WV

#9 Oct 31, 2013
Woah Nelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Any suggestions? If you have a way to FORCE this to happen...run for office...we'd all vote for you...
Shut up hillbilly. You're not amusing. Oh and btw, I'm resigning. You can have your computer back.
scintilla of hope

Charleston, WV

#10 Oct 31, 2013
Woah Nelly wrote:
<quoted text>
--has this idea been considered before -has anybody researched out 'how' it works in Alaska -- has anybody suggested it to our elected officials? our elected officials spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on studies to save money, make money --- well, why not spend that same money and research an existing plan that is working for the state of alaska and its people. WV legislature make our laws and determine 'who''how''what' happens in WV -- it seems only reasonable that if the oil/gas companies want to tap into the natural gas underneath wv then in the best interest of the state and its citizens 'a new plan of action to share in the benefits of the natural gas resources owned by its citizens' is to be put on the table. i think its a great idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ali moore 1 hr Trieditonce 8
Judge Ballard Family Court (Jul '12) 1 hr storm trooper 8
Is West Virginia a bad place to live? (May '13) 2 hr just sayn 141
##reward for info on person using "idgt" text s... 2 hr Bloodhound 15
transwhat??????? 2 hr expecting oral haha 6
Republican Congressional Report Card ---Not Good ! 4 hr WATCHDOG 7
Garnet Career Center LPN 5 hr Truth 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages