Mother arrested after son's body foun...

Mother arrested after son's body found wrapped in blanket, decomposing

There are 130 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Jul 11, 2013, titled Mother arrested after son's body found wrapped in blanket, decomposing. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - A Braxton County woman's 8-year-old son's decomposed body was discovered wrapped in a blanket during a juvenile welfare check, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

backstreetguy

United States

#101 Oct 16, 2013
chickennuggetdip wrote:
you braxton countians would cut off your own noses to spite you faces. you're not a community. you're a mob.
Yes we are and proud of it !!
Wisdom

Oak Grove, KY

#102 Oct 17, 2013
So the death record is public record, and guess what date the autopsy proved the boy passed the very date she was arrested. I agree a mob. I have thought it through in regards to the statements made about this situation and several others. I never really surfed Topix prior, but the truth to all this is.... When anyone has something wrong they get on this forum and begin writing all sorts of false allegations, and if anyone had a brain... it would be common sense that they really don't use it. Reason being... How could one judge someone unless they actually were a part of their life or a person's friends. I bet each individual on here has either been a victim of something or victimized someone.... I find it shameful to sit and discuss ones character when it is apparent that you have no real reason to make the remarks made unless it through anger, or jealousy, and even boredom. I am not the only one whom feels this way, and for the people who sit and feed on such circumstances prior to truth being told, then when the storm hits your porch... DONT WONDER WHY???
horses4sure

Oak Grove, KY

#103 Oct 17, 2013
You got that right 4 sure
horses4sure

Oak Grove, KY

#104 Oct 17, 2013
I bet she wouldn't be out of jail if she knew who all said the horrible things about her during such a bad situation, and for those of you who took up for her...good job...you were proved to be correct. NO DRUGS and NO KEEPING A CHILD HID... that was false statements. THE evidence is out and yes a person can get arrested prior to the truth... the law can arrest on suspicion... It is fact and can be wrong too at times...and in this case... They were wrong. I even searched her past conviction and she was only charged with Conspiracy in 2006. She did not have any drug offenses since then. The officers that made the statements about Mrs. Brown had never even been a part of her past. What happened was they prepared for something that did not happen... it would have looked good if it had, but it simply didn't. Now before the next person says something about there being truth to what was said... The death record is public record...and it states found on the 10th then it states the date autopsy revealed death and it is also the 10th... so imagine what all she suffered. I am sure it is not at all what any of us would ever want to. The criminal report of 2006 is also public record. She was charged and acquitted on the drug charges except Conspiracy and this before a jury whom heard the entire case. It also does reveal that there were two individuals whom turned states evidence on Mrs. Brown to convict her. Either way we have all made bad choices, but that was over 7 years ago ... so for the media to state the circumstances that they did or allow them to state was in fact pore judgement. It is my understanding she had a break down ... and what parent wouldn't??????? Just my opinion... as we all have so many. That's what makes us human beings, but some fall short of knowing how to use their opinion.
Truth

Mannington, WV

#105 Oct 21, 2013
Thank-God --- Now I wonder if she or her family will take the system that crucified her to court!!!!

So sad and such a mess ----
people are strange

Barboursville, WV

#106 Oct 21, 2013
what i thought was crazy.... news camera glanced across the yard their was TOYS ...lol and neighbors said they saw no kids ever why did neighbors house windows looked covered up maybe they are meth heads always ...cant believe that or news they never said anything about Levis illness ...they just reported what they wanted and every noisy person that didn't know ass-umed what they wanted ...but let the court figure it out ....
truth

Barboursville, WV

#107 Oct 21, 2013
hey where are all those people now .....that thought they knew soooo much
Truth

Norfolk, VA

#108 Oct 21, 2013
The death certificate date is only for the date the death was confirmed, not the actual date of death. The investigation is still ongoing.
Casting Stones

Cedar Grove, WV

#109 Oct 22, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
So the death record is public record, and guess what date the autopsy proved the boy passed the very date she was arrested. I agree a mob. I have thought it through in regards to the statements made about this situation and several others. I never really surfed Topix prior, but the truth to all this is.... When anyone has something wrong they get on this forum and begin writing all sorts of false allegations, and if anyone had a brain... it would be common sense that they really don't use it. Reason being... How could one judge someone unless they actually were a part of their life or a person's friends. I bet each individual on here has either been a victim of something or victimized someone.... I find it shameful to sit and discuss ones character when it is apparent that you have no real reason to make the remarks made unless it through anger, or jealousy, and even boredom. I am not the only one whom feels this way, and for the people who sit and feed on such circumstances prior to truth being told, then when the storm hits your porch... DONT WONDER WHY???
Hmmm... you are judging with your post. Judging people's opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and most of these opinions were simply based on what was provided to them by the local news. If you want to cast stones, throw them at the Charleston Daily Mail/Gazette and news channels 3, 8, 11, 12, 13, etc. Also, these news sources received their information from the local law enforcement. Cast at them while you're at it, since they are the ones who provided the information to begin with. No storm hitting any porches!!!!!!!!
Casting Stones

Cedar Grove, WV

#110 Oct 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
The death certificate date is only for the date the death was confirmed, not the actual date of death. The investigation is still ongoing.
Exactly!
Lil Joe

Charlottesville, VA

#111 Oct 22, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the proof where she didn't do anything wrong! You don't just get arrested for child neglect without evidence supporting so. There is evidence somewhere, or no arrest would have been made, period! However, since you continue to post comment after comment insinuating that the police are lying (and lying to the news), then show us the proof that she is innocent of all claims! Back up your statements!
You can get arrested for anything the police want to plant on you. Get a life! HYou must have your head up your arse.
God Bless

Oak Grove, KY

#112 Oct 27, 2013
JUST SAYING wrote:
I know of the woman, I am not being mean here, Common Sense no she did not work , her brain is not in proper state like most people's. She had done so much meth . She doesn't know. She is not capable of knowing right and wrong. Her mental state was saying he was in god's hands now. Instead of dialing 911 or for a corner. She thought covering him up and keeping him for a few days was alright. She is paying now. Still as I said before. Her recent meth years for many years has messed up her brain. She is sitting in jail not knowing it was wrong. She never cried once over her son.
I will only say this.... you didnt know of the woman you wrote here about nor her son...and you dont have a clue to what you are saying.. and to be quite honest...How DARE YOU say she never cried over her boy. That alone is sick... She Cried more than you will ever know... inside and out. How DARE you comment like this. I assure you this much... She loved that boy man than her own life. She spent day after day believing he would never leave her regardless what the Doctors told her. She secluded herself from people because so many wouldn't listen when she really did need them. She did not use Meth for years and actually stopped anyone from coming around when she knew trouble would be attached to it. This boy was her life, and to say or think any differently is WRONG... Yes she had a break down when he passed, but no foul play. I can say I know the woman and she is a good mother, and ANYONE that knew her or does know her knows the truth. I will also say that if anyone else claims to know her hasn't been around her for years or I would have known them. Also so many have so much to say but no one can even name his disease. If you knew her you would be able to. She hovered him, and anyone ever involved in her life knows it. I know she would never hurt those boys. Yes, it took us all by surprise from the information given, but what appears to be and is can be two completely different things. As in this case.
lkj

Ridgeview, WV

#113 Oct 27, 2013
Hearts breaking wrote:
You have pointed out MANY times the Mother's deficiencies ---
How do you know she REFUSED Hospice at a center????
This child was a ward of the State (as ALL children are when they are on Medicade)-- the parent now being said to either be mentally deficient or a meth head --- a user --- So WHAT happened to this wonderful system to protect these children??? Where were these CPS workers....
Since everybody KNEW what the Mother SUPPOSEDLY IS then WHY wasn't CPS called the 1st time the Hospice worker was refused entry?????
WHY was this child left in his home and not taken to a Nursing Facility ---
WHY and HOW was one of the post removed --
And yes --- Dr. Phil -- this case should have been, could have been handled much differently -- wold have still had the same outcome for LB but maybe it would have led to peace for those left instead of this feeding frenzy and all of the hurt attached ......
Ummmm.... NOT all kids or people that receive medicaid are wards of the state. Wow! Get your facts straight please!
people are strange

Barboursville, WV

#114 Oct 28, 2013
people are strange wrote:
what i thought was crazy.... news camera glanced across the yard their was TOYS ...lol and neighbors said they saw no kids ever why did neighbors house windows looked covered up maybe they are meth heads always ...cant believe that or news they never said anything about Levis illness ...they just reported what they wanted and every noisy person that didn't know ass-umed what they wanted ...but let the court figure it out ....
not off topic dumbass answering what some idiot wrote towards the beginning that I found funny
Better check your FACTS

Weston, WV

#115 Oct 28, 2013
lkj wrote:
<quoted text> Ummmm.... NOT all kids or people that receive medicaid are wards of the state. Wow! Get your facts straight please!
ALL children who are on Medicade ARE wards of the State --- DHHR or CPS can call a parent at any given time and require that parent to take the child in for a Drs appointment to be checked -- Given 24 hr notice the DHHR/CPS can walk into you home and inspect it ---
AND take your kids if they don't like what they see..... Or walk into your child's school and interview him/her and they simply NOT come home that day ---
So, when you are signing up at DHHR for the freebies (Medicade/SNAP/Free Phones) you better understand that YOU and YOUR cHILDREN belong to the GOV!
what?

Summersville, WV

#116 Oct 28, 2013
You are an idiot. That is not true. Having medical insurance through the state does not mean my kids are in the custody of the state, or are under any type of control by the state.
Well

Chesapeake, OH

#117 Oct 28, 2013
The person defending her should be in an asylum. You are sick. She admitted she had the body there you dumb ass ding bat.
Better check your FACTS

Weston, WV

#118 Oct 29, 2013
Duhhhh... Whoever even said that Levi'a body wasn't there ---

As for asylum being needed -- no ... more like lock up for your druggie haters ----

And go speak with your attorney ..... Snap and Medicade based on your children's needs gives the state the rights to your child.... READ THE FINE PRINT on that application that you sign ---
Yes

Chesapeake, OH

#119 Oct 29, 2013
She admitted she was on meth as well! Why are people defending this idiot? Are you druggies? I think so.
Yes

Chesapeake, OH

#120 Oct 29, 2013
Where did she cry folks? On the news she was grinning and not giving a fck. Stfu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Ellis Winland 5 min The truth 28
Trump protestors 1 hr Nancy 18
Michael Nelson 3 hr Sexy 7
You're to be exposed! 6 hr wtf 5
Does League Of Riders WV LORMC allow gays? 8 hr Lone Rider 5
Ring girl 9 hr erica 8
Mr. Comer 11 hr Casper 3

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages