First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 18, 2013
Any1 been crooked by him ??? He stole timber in Coonskin Park + lots of others !!
Island Girl

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2013
I love how stupid people start a rant and can't get anybody to jump on their bandwagon. lol.

Location hidden

#3 Jul 18, 2013
QUOTE who="Island Girl"I love how stupid people start a rant and can't get anybody to jump on their bandwagon. lol.U r the stupid one for commenting on something u no nothing about!! Sure u can find a topic more up your alley!!
Gregory K

Martinsburg, WV

#4 Jul 19, 2013
The dude got caught red handed and that's all there is to it.

Location hidden

#5 Jul 19, 2013
he stole from us 12 yrs ago but city of chas helped him!
Gregory K

Martinsburg, WV

#6 Jul 19, 2013
Well I hope Kent Carper stays on top of this, but if ol Kent slides a bit i'll be there to remind him and a few others.

Wink! Wink!

The fatass needs to start planting today!

Location hidden

#7 Jul 19, 2013
Gregory K wrote:
Well I hope Kent Carper stays on top of this, but if ol Kent slides a bit i'll be there to remind him and a few others.
Wink! Wink!
The fatass needs to start planting today!
I agree!! He shouldn't get by with anything!! Can't believ he owes that much in workers comp & can still start up new business.He didn't even hav contractor license! wander about Natalie tenant's office!
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#8 Jul 19, 2013
if he ran a legit business he would owe way more than 89,000 in comp and more than that in taxes logging has the highest comp rate adveraging around 40-50 cents on the dollar most loggers cut corners and use contractors that have there own business and logging licenses but russell truckings employees are ex cons that dont even have driver licenses or CDLs Russ Bowen really needs be investigazted from his bank records to his insurance coverage to insurance fraud the county needs to do there research

Location hidden

#9 Jul 19, 2013
BO LOU wrote:
if he ran a legit business he would owe way more than 89,000 in comp and more than that in taxes logging has the highest comp rate adveraging around 40-50 cents on the dollar most loggers cut corners and use contractors that have there own business and logging licenses but russell truckings employees are ex cons that dont even have driver licenses or CDLs Russ Bowen really needs be investigazted from his bank records to his insurance coverage to insurance fraud the county needs to do there research
U r so rite on this!! Wish public could get involved, maybe we could hang him!!
Gregory K

Martinsburg, WV

#10 Jul 22, 2013
Come on Kent carper we're waiting for you to do the right thing.
Gregory K

Martinsburg, WV

#11 Jul 23, 2013
I wonder if Hoppy Krecheval from WCHS radio would be intersted in this story? At times I think Hoppy dislikes a THIEF and LIAR more than I do.

If Kent Carper doesn't care then maybe we'll just have to take it to the airwaves.

Charleston, WV

#12 Jul 24, 2013
Carper is an arrogant politician ... I wouldn't count on him

Go to plan B.
Buncherboy

Charleston, WV

#13 Jul 29, 2013
Perhaps he should be investigated for his prior activies, he stole appox 250,000 dollars in timber from landowner in Boone Co WV in 09-10. He also was alleged to have been involved in recruiting locals from Boone Co to burn equipment of a rival logging operation. State Fire Marshals office has a report and the investigator told me it was the most open and shut case of arson he had seen in his 20+ year career. Strangely the Boone Co deputies in charge of investigation dropped the case after going on a paid hunting trip w Bowen to Montana. Also look into his logging operation at Big Creek near Gauley Bridge where Bowen cut timber that wasn't his and removed (stole)a drainage pipe from Massey Coals impoundment damn causing it to collapse and letting the silt run into Big Creek. Also investigate his accident w Timbco 430 Feller Buncher and insuing insurance fraud. Easy to bust this guy if someone would just go to his home and look into Big Horn sheep and Rocky Mt goats taken illegally from Montana! Gots lots more on him but don't expect anything to happen as hes known to buy his way out of trouble.
1 post removed
Gregory K

Martinsburg, WV

#15 Jul 29, 2013
I called the Hoppy Kercheval show this past friday and was put on hold for their vent friday where you can say and vent on anything you please. as soon as I stated that i was upset with Kent Carper for not following up on Russ Bowen and his Coonskin deal Hoppy immediately hung up on me and would not let it air.

no apology or reason at all he just cut me off when I mentioned Russ and Coonskin.

I'm not finished yet I promise you that as a matter of fact i havent't even began yet.

Kent Carper is going to explain to each and every citizen in Charleston as to why he has a hard on for Russ.

I mean is it love or just a man crush.

stay tuned!
Good Guy

Charleston, WV

#16 Oct 6, 2013
Russ Bowen is and always has been a dweeb.
A pampered kid. In Horace Mann, he was called "Mr. Unibrow."
One of my best friend's daughter admitted how he paid her and a guy to burn houses down that he owned for insurance.
They were teens.
He was an adult.
Until, Charleston/Kanawha County finally go after him for his crimes (instead of the wealthy protecting the wealthy), there is no justice here.
That is sad since the Charleston Police Department is one of greatest in the world!
Good Guy

Charleston, WV

#17 Oct 6, 2013
And when his father had the Pharmacy on MacCorkle Avenue in the early 80's and had the game room.
There were many pedophiles there that hit on us teens.
When we complained, we were told then just don't come back.
That says alot, huh?
Money ruled.
He learned from the worst.
OG TRIPLE OG

Dunbar, WV

#18 Oct 6, 2013
He was always getting his a$$ kicked in high school.
SSS

Charleston, WV

#19 Oct 11, 2013
I love it when people assume they know so much about something and their facts are not accurate. He did a job that Coonskin hired him to do. If he were illegally timbering, I would have thought that the directors of the park would have stopped him before the job was completed.
Greenhorn

Huntington, WV

#20 May 22, 2014
This guy has been doing this for 20 yrs. Back in the 90's he was cutting timber on an adjoining parcel and I made sure he stayed there. He did get me by knocking out a concrete monument. Ripped of the property owner never paid them anything. I saw sick Dougie Brown on his ass and his whole family will broke in less than two weeks.
Greenhorn

Huntington, WV

#21 May 22, 2014
meant I say, not I saw. My Bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crazy wives 12 min Heaven 3
Justin Doughty 1 hr disgusted 33
Ladies if your best friend asked to watch you 1 hr Yep 5
Ryan Kennedy (Nov '11) 2 hr Arabforlife 9
Tom Clark's Passing 3 hr Janet 35
Donut Doughty 5 hr Samuel Nicholos 2
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 5 hr Samuel Nicholos 1,561

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages