Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 19, 2013
Realtalk

Charleston, WV

#1 Jun 17, 2013
Why are there so many hillbillies on TV for rape and molestation in WV? It makes me kinda scared to be living in WV but most of the time their victims are family members or children or animals. How come you never hear of a black person committing any of those crimes? Before anybody says anything i'm not being racist because not every white person in WV or anywhere else is a hillbilly. If there was a poll to see who commits most of these disturbing, sickening, backward ass crimes then 95% of them would be hillbillies.
Hagatha May

Orlando, FL

#2 Jun 17, 2013
Possum, You are so right!!! I have been posting about similiar things for a long time, however the locals are so defensive, they either miss the point or are in denial. Rape, child molestation,inbreeding, beastiality,incest, ect. are as much a part of the WV and KY "culture" as coal mining and outhouses. It's sad in this day and age when family members look to one another for sexual comfort, or to their animals and pets and children. But we have all heard just how close families are in the hills. Then they go to church and pray on Sunday and think they are "good christians". The hypocracy and twisted way of thinking is quite prevalent in the hills of Wrong Turn country. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
kirsta

Spurlockville, WV

#3 Jun 17, 2013
You are both very narrow minded and ignorant. These crimes run rampant across the whole united states as well as other countries, not just Appalachia. So sure, lets be stereotypical and say it only happens here, and only White people do such crimes. Please. The mere though that anyone is capable of harming a child or animal is sickening. I am from wv and will always be proud to call it my home. It is the nasty trashy narrow minds, and the hidious racists that make it an unpleasant atmosohere. There is crime in every corner of this earth. From every race and religion, not just us "wrong turn" rejects. It is a crime you two are allowed on a computer. Maybe educate yourselves with the tools provided? And stop watching so much Faux News?
Hagatha May

Orlando, FL

#4 Jun 19, 2013
kirsta wrote:
You are both very narrow minded and ignorant. These crimes run rampant across the whole united states as well as other countries, not just Appalachia. So sure, lets be stereotypical and say it only happens here, and only White people do such crimes. Please. The mere though that anyone is capable of harming a child or animal is sickening. I am from wv and will always be proud to call it my home. It is the nasty trashy narrow minds, and the hidious racists that make it an unpleasant atmosohere. There is crime in every corner of this earth. From every race and religion, not just us "wrong turn" rejects. It is a crime you two are allowed on a computer. Maybe educate yourselves with the tools provided? And stop watching so much Faux News?
Possum, I have traveled WV extensively and own much property there. I am very well educated on Mountain Mythology and it's misgivings. True crime is everywhere,just as one could probably find a hillbilly anywhere. However, there is an uncommon accumulation of such in the hills. Why do you think the stereotypes exist in the first place? Because there is more than a ring of truth to them. Faux News has little to do with anything dear. Facts are facts,and the fact is most would not wish to be in your area. I'm glad you do though dear. The normal people live elsewhere. By the way, with two masters degrees I consider myself to be somewhat educated. If however, I am in need of professional advice or council, I am wealthy enough to afford the best. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
nuts

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 19, 2013
Hagatha May wrote:
<quoted text>Possum, I have traveled WV extensively and own much property there. I am very well educated on Mountain Mythology and it's misgivings. True crime is everywhere,just as one could probably find a hillbilly anywhere. However, there is an uncommon accumulation of such in the hills. Why do you think the stereotypes exist in the first place? Because there is more than a ring of truth to them. Faux News has little to do with anything dear. Facts are facts,and the fact is most would not wish to be in your area. I'm glad you do though dear. The normal people live elsewhere. By the way, with two masters degrees I consider myself to be somewhat educated. If however, I am in need of professional advice or council, I am wealthy enough to afford the best. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
nice post GS
OMG

Baltimore, MD

#6 Jun 19, 2013
Why is it everytime I turn on the TV some black thug is on the news for shooting someone. Was these people not taught anybetter growing up.
1 post removed
Hagatha May

Orlando, FL

#8 Jun 19, 2013
Worthington wrote:
WVA still has very, very low crime rate. Check it.
WV still has very,very low population.Check it out. No one wants to live there. No one moves there to live and the ones that are there with any sense wants out. Glad I could help. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
True Fact

Charleston, WV

#9 Jun 19, 2013
Hillbillies are what makes WV look so dirty and terrible. That's why you never hear of any celebrities or movie stars moving to WV.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min fitness-guru 57,307
Pull the plug on Joan Rivers already 15 min wise beyond years 5
Who is that loser "BA"? 1 hr winner 19
Dearest Natalie Tennant 1 hr wise beyond years 14
Who is Criminal Fire Starter and Habitual Alcoh... (Jan '14) 2 hr iSupport Kevorkian 6
3 bodies found in river in 3 days???? 3 hr the Valley 8
Where's Bobby Dale gonna get drunk at now? (Aug '13) 3 hr Gordon Rocks 7
White girls that bang black guys (Feb '14) 18 hr black guy 66
•••
•••
Charleston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000