First Prev
of 4
Next Last
saturdays soon

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Oct 10, 2013
I work in a restaurant and there's nothing I hate more than giving excellent service and not getting tipped , it's a spit in the face , and you best believe if the non tippers come back in to eat they get waited on after everyone else because waiters and waitress don't work for free , that's how we pay the bills !! Any opinions?
Tip of the day

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 11, 2013
Yea i'll weigh in sweetheart. I am a male 31 years old and I do not tip. It's not that I can't afford it, because I can, I just don't like to tip and I am cheap. If I am with someone and they pick up the bill and say just leave a tip I will leave one, but if I get the chance while their back is turned or they leave the table before me I will pick it back up and put it back in my pocket.

I don't tip my barber, hotel maids, bell hops, taxi drivers, bartenders, pizza guy, mail man, newspaper delivery person etc.

I don't tip and never will.
seriously

Tampa, FL

#3 Oct 11, 2013
Tip of the day wrote:
Yea i'll weigh in sweetheart. I am a male 31 years old and I do not tip. It's not that I can't afford it, because I can, I just don't like to tip and I am cheap. If I am with someone and they pick up the bill and say just leave a tip I will leave one, but if I get the chance while their back is turned or they leave the table before me I will pick it back up and put it back in my pocket.
I don't tip my barber, hotel maids, bell hops, taxi drivers, bartenders, pizza guy, mail man, newspaper delivery person etc.
Then keep your ass at home and do everything for yourself. Clearly you're not employed or you would grasp the concept that people want paid for what they do!!! Make your own food.. pick up your own pizza.. carry your own luggage. Nobody wants to be your slave you piece of shit. And I'm not even a waitress..I just find your comment appalling. You're a dick.. stay at home.
Tip of the day

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 11, 2013
seriously

Sorry you feel that way, but I do work and I work hard for my money and it's MY MONEY not anyone elses. I understand the concept of tipping and why it's done, but I just choose to not tip.

I eat out pretty regularly, about as much as most people and I live a pretty normal life, but at my age of 31 I have probably saved quite a bit of money by not tipping.

Besides i'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't tip. Some people tip and some tip a lot, I choose to do neither.

P.S.

Now mind you there are times I will dine at a restaurant where the gratuity is added onto the bill automatically, and when that happens I have to just suck it up and deal with it, but that doesn't happen often.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Oct 11, 2013
saturdays soon wrote:
I work in a restaurant and there's nothing I hate more than giving excellent service and not getting tipped , it's a spit in the face , and you best believe if the non tippers come back in to eat they get waited on after everyone else because waiters and waitress don't work for free , that's how we pay the bills !! Any opinions?
When you have to contend with customers like myself, you deserve a tip. We don't dine out as frequent as we onece did, but when we do go out (weekly) we will tip no less that 25%. It would be a problem for us to look in the eyes of a waiter if we were to leave and not tip for their services. And that is my personal opinion on this matter. Nancy
ISeeIdiots

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 11, 2013
Tip of the day wrote:
You're a piece of shit, straight up. If you're too cheap to tip than you need to take your ass to McDonalds dude. You are EXPECTED to tip at sit down restaurants. That's why companies can pay servers $2.13 an hour, because it's common knowledge that the rest of their wages come from tips. If I could get my hands on you i'd slap the stupid out of you. What a pathetic excuse for a man.
ISeeIdiots

Charleston, WV

#7 Oct 11, 2013
Tip of the day wrote:
seriously
Sorry you feel that way, but I do work and I work hard for my money and it's MY MONEY not anyone elses. I understand the concept of tipping and why it's done, but I just choose to not tip.
I eat out pretty regularly, about as much as most people and I live a pretty normal life, but at my age of 31 I have probably saved quite a bit of money by not tipping.
Besides i'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't tip. Some people tip and some tip a lot, I choose to do neither.
P.S.
Now mind you there are times I will dine at a restaurant where the gratuity is added onto the bill automatically, and when that happens I have to just suck it up and deal with it, but that doesn't happen often.
FYI I hope you realize that servers recognize you and THEY WILL pay you back for not tipping. You've probably eaten 5 pounds of spit and snot in your life, you piece of crap.
KudosToYou

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 11, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text> When you have to contend with customers like myself, you deserve a tip. We don't dine out as frequent as we onece did, but when we do go out (weekly) we will tip no less that 25%. It would be a problem for us to look in the eyes of a waiter if we were to leave and not tip for their services. And that is my personal opinion on this matter. Nancy
That's great Nancy, I'm sure your servers greatly appreciate that. Waitressing is very hard work, I was a waitress for several years. It's impossible to make it financially on $2.13 an hour, and some people like the idiot on this forum commenting about not tipping make it a real problem.
seriously

Tampa, FL

#9 Oct 11, 2013
Tip of the day wrote:
seriously
P.S.
I really hope you don't have children who will inevitably carry on your cheapskate and degrading no tips tradition...but if you do or plan to..I hope from the bottom of my heart that you are one day forced to wait tables and support and feed them based on tips. Then you would get a taste of how people like you deserve to be shit on. I hope you're extra cautious about revisiting the same establishments after you stiff a waitress because if I saw you coming I would spit on everything you ordered. Or flat our refuse to wait on you. I'm glad my nephew doesn't go hungry because of people like u!
Tip of the day

Charleston, WV

#10 Oct 11, 2013
Say as you may, but it's not my responsibility to pay their wages. I realize their wages are low, but that is their problem not mine. And yes, I know it can be hard work and at times thankless work, but then again that isn't on me.

Actually I just got back from Shoneys in downtown Charleston about ten minutes ago and had lunch and paid my bill and left no tip. I don't care to hide it I just get up grab my bill walk to the cashier and when she asks if everything was ok I either say yes or no, but either way there's no tip.

I'll take that one or two dollars and buy myself something with it instead of giving it away.

Once more: Some people tip and some people don't!
seriously

Tampa, FL

#11 Oct 11, 2013
Tip of the day wrote:
Say as you may, but it's not my responsibility to pay their wages. I realize their wages are low, but that is their problem not mine. And yes, I know it can be hard work and at times thankless work, but then again that isn't on me.
Actually I just got back from Shoneys in downtown Charleston about ten minutes ago and had lunch and paid my bill and left no tip. I don't care to hide it I just get up grab my bill walk to the cashier and when she asks if everything was ok I either say yes or no, but either way there's no tip.
I'll take that one or two dollars and buy myself something with it instead of giving it away.
Clearly you aren't married either and if you are she must be as pathetic as you. It is your responsibility to tip someone who is waiting on you dumb fuck and if you don't like that... keep your ass at home! And yes you are hiding.. at least on here. Post your real name and let everyone in wv know you're the tool who feels entitled to treat a waitress like a servant. Burn in hell
Tip of the day

Charleston, WV

#12 Oct 11, 2013
Ys I am single and I can do what the hell I want even if that mens not tipping. And it is NOT my responsibility to tip a waitress or anybody for that matter. I is their job to wait tables, cut hair, drive cabs etc.

I am not treating anyone like a servant I just don't tip.
The Real Thing

Charleston, WV

#13 Oct 11, 2013
I have waited tables while in college. I have worked retail and now I own a hair salon. All of these jobs require working with people. I can assure you that your service does depend on how well you treat the employee. And, I have people who ask how much they should tip. I say that anything is appreciated. All of my tip money goes into my education fund so I can offer them better service. If they choose not to tip, that is ok. But, those are the folks that don't get the preferred treatment/appointment times.
ISeeIdiots

Charleston, WV

#14 Oct 11, 2013
Tip of the day wrote:
LOL Actually IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. If you eat somewhere where someone "serves" you than you good damn well that you are supposed to tip. Don't try to play off the fact that you're a piece of shit dumbass. People like you make me sick, and I hope your food gets messed with. Like I said, to a fast food restaurant if you don't want to tip because there is absolutely NO EXCUSE to not tip for good service. You're sad and absolutely disgusting. I hope you know what a broke ass piece of crap not tipping makes you look like. Servers talk, so everyone that works at the restaurants probably knows what kind of person you are.
waitress

Elkview, WV

#15 Oct 11, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text> When you have to contend with customers like myself, you deserve a tip. We don't dine out as frequent as we onece did, but when we do go out (weekly) we will tip no less that 25%. It would be a problem for us to look in the eyes of a waiter if we were to leave and not tip for their services. And that is my personal opinion on this matter. Nancy
25%?!!!
You cheapskate! You need to be educated, A fair tip is now 35 to 40%!
ISeeIdiots

Charleston, WV

#16 Oct 11, 2013
Tip of the day wrote:
Ys I am single and I can do what the hell I want even if that mens not tipping. And it is NOT my responsibility to tip a waitress or anybody for that matter. I is their job to wait tables, cut hair, drive cabs etc.
I am not treating anyone like a servant I just don't tip.
You're sad, and your logic is seriously flawed. It's hard to imagine that a generous, great person such as yourself is single!!!*Gasps*. Get used to it, because no woman is going to want to hang out with you since you have to be an embarassment to go out to eat with.
waitress

Elkview, WV

#17 Oct 11, 2013
Also any waitress who would stoop as low as to spit or mess with anyone's food is trash and should be fired!
No one deserves that whether they tip or not.
Yeah

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Oct 11, 2013
I pay a lot of money for my meal so why should I tip??? The cheap ass that owns the place needs to pay their staff more. It's not my job to pay you, it's the owners!!!
agree

Elkview, WV

#19 Oct 11, 2013
Then you hear these waitresses whine about not getting tips and their sob stories about how they can't pay bills.
Get a fast food job and you won't have to worry about tips.
tram

Daniels, WV

#20 Oct 11, 2013
you choose to work and get tip credit. Bringing a cup of coffee and saying have a nice day doesn't deserve 20%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beautiful Day At Daniel Boone Park 1 hr Josh holbert 4
daniel boone park head 1 hr Tom Clark 5
i wear blue cowboy boots made out of duck d*ck (Aug '12) 3 hr Tom Clark 139
Coach kid fake Christian 3 hr The BEAT 20
Ron Sheets for city counsel 3 hr Tom Clark 8
mayors race in charleston 3 hr Earl Ray 2
Officer Perna CPD cheating on his wife 3 hr LT Williams 7
More from around the web

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE