Abusive relationships
So confused

Charleston, WV

#1 Jun 5, 2013
Would really like to have some honest feedback from women/men who have or still are in a abusive relationship. If you were able to get out, how did you find the strength? Used to be physical & mental, but now it's more of manipulation within the whole family. Really need some honest feedback from people that have gone through this. Please no harsh words I myself never thought I would be where I am today!
big brother

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 6, 2013
So confused wrote:
Would really like to have some honest feedback from women/men who have or still are in a abusive relationship. If you were able to get out, how did you find the strength? Used to be physical & mental, but now it's more of manipulation within the whole family. Really need some honest feedback from people that have gone through this. Please no harsh words I myself never thought I would be where I am today!
Your dealing with a psychopath. Ill even bet they put on a wonderful glowing show to everyone else, etc...and I'll also bet everyone in their life is referred to in third person...they are sick and will never change!
1 post removed
Dream beliver

United States

#4 Jun 7, 2013
So confused wrote:
i know its hard i almost fell for a abuser i woke up in tims
Been there

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Let me tell you for one, it will never change. I was in your situation, my girls dad was very manipulative and seemed like he had this really slick way of smoothing things over. I saw it happening over the years but felt stuck and felt like I wouldn't be able to start over. I waited too long and learned the hard way because he tried to kill me when I wanted to leave. Happened in Hernshaw last January. Please, please find the strength to leave. Realizing that I could find better and that me and my kids could be so much happier was all the determination I needed. I wish you the best of luck, just whatever you do DON'T GO BACK. And if you stay it will only get worse.
stuck

Charleston, WV

#6 Jun 13, 2013
Get out if u can. It will never get better. I know first hand I'm just to scared to leave right now. We have been together over 9 years and I keep thinking it will go back to the way it was.
1 post removed
damaged

Fairmont, WV

#8 Jun 13, 2013
So confused wrote:
I hope there are no kids involved. My mother and father got divorced when I was 8 and I ended up in my mom's custody. Shortly after she ended up with an abusive guy that eventually became my step father. I saw things over the following years that no child should ever see. Black eyes, bloody noses, mysterious bruises. There is also the fond memory of trying to hold a blanket over my infant brothers crib to try to deflect the shards of glass from the "man" busting things against the wall. I only tell you this because I worry that kids are involved. They are they ones that truly suffer.
So confused

Charleston, WV

#9 Jun 14, 2013
Thanks for the honest feedback. Yes there are kids involved. Seems every time I get myself financially, mentally strong enough to leave he always manipulates me. I try to hide what goes on & I truly believe he would kill me before he let me go. My kids hate him! He always tries to smooth things over & always tried to make me out to be the bad person but finally that doesn't work anymore. He hasn't been physical with me in a long time because he will go to prison. We are just a very unhappy family. I want out & I am finally done with him. Now it's just doing it. I would & probably will walk away from everything & start over. Thanks everyone.
damaged

United States

#10 Jun 14, 2013
So confused wrote:
Thanks for the honest feedback. Yes there are kids involved. Seems every time I get myself financially, mentally strong enough to leave he always manipulates me. I try to hide what goes on & I truly believe he would kill me before he let me go. My kids hate him! He always tries to smooth things over & always tried to make me out to be the bad person but finally that doesn't work anymore. He hasn't been physical with me in a long time because he will go to prison. We are just a very unhappy family. I want out & I am finally done with him. Now it's just doing it. I would & probably will walk away from everything & start over. Thanks everyone.
I wish you the best. You and the little ones deserve happiness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The US can't even whip Afghanistan 32 min Bill 14
Kanawha County 1 hr WVSP 6
Protesters coming tomorrow 1 hr Golden Shower Reign 66
Pretty black girl working at Ryans in South Cha... 2 hr HUNTINGTON 6
Man nicknamed Soda pop. 2 hr coaster 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Missy 4,200
Judge Ballard Family Court (Jul '12) 3 hr xoxo 19
But that's in the Old Testament bla bla bla 4 hr Please 435

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web