should an min. wage employer

should an min. wage employer

Posted in the Charleston Forum

what do you think

Charleston, WV

#1 Mar 8, 2013
Should an min. wage employer be able to sue employees to decide to quit?
what do you think

Charleston, WV

#2 Mar 8, 2013
SHOULD AN MIN.WAGE EMPLOYER BE ALBE TO SUE EMPLOYEES WHO DECIDES TO QUIT?
Just wondering

Charleston, WV

#3 Mar 8, 2013
Who decide to quit? If that's the case, no. Minimum wage employers don't give enough to live on or support a family of 2, they should have limited rights as it is.
what do you think

Charleston, WV

#4 Mar 8, 2013
I agree but there is some employers that thinks if you don't give more than 24 hours notice they can file suit again you. Like route drivers.
what do you think

Charleston, WV

#5 Mar 8, 2013
Oh, it like being punish for wanting a better job.
look

Charleston, WV

#6 Mar 8, 2013
Always read the crap you sign when you get hired.
Harley Man

Northfork, WV

#7 Mar 8, 2013
that sounds like bs. it's hard to make out because of the bad grammar. it would not be worth it to sue.
what do you think

Charleston, WV

#8 Mar 9, 2013
The company said that I needed to give one month notice before leaving my job. They are saying they can sue for $3000 dollars because I did not give 30 notice. I don't know anyone that asks for a month's notice.
open

Charleston, WV

#9 Mar 9, 2013
If it's in writing then you signed it and you are responsible for it. if it's not in writing tell them to hit the road, jack. Call the dept of labor they can help you.
I know

Charleston, WV

#10 Mar 9, 2013
I know a Coal company that tried holding their employees to a 2 year contract also made their employees sign a contract saying that if they quit before the contract was up they would sue them. Well it did not work that called duress.
1 post removed
umm

Martinsville, OH

#12 Mar 10, 2013
West virginia is an at will.state you which means u can be let go just cuz they dont like u and there is no law saying u have to give a notice...
omg

Baltimore, MD

#13 Mar 11, 2013
If you did not sign a contract then you are an At-will employee. You can quit or be let go for any reason or no reason at all.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#14 Mar 11, 2013
You can't be FORCED to WORK ANYWHERE. If you have SIGNED a work Contractural Agreement, even that can be Litigated. People come and go from jobs every day in this country...This is NOT China....
It really has little to do with being a State being deemed "Right to Work".....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Clarks petition for speed bumps at Daniel B... 1 min You are slow 10
Is he a trick 7 min dsouthd 4
Don't look good for Trump 47 min YIM 45
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 1 hr jonjedi 1,244
Can anyone tell me about Guardian ad litem Bren... (Feb '16) 3 hr need advice 11
Matt Harkins 4 hr Holly 10
News Deputies issue warrants in Cross Lanes shooting 4 hr Lesnar 5

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages