Wallgreens does not support our troops
Wow

Maryland Heights, MO

#21 May 24, 2012
Beth wrote:
Did you see the post where I thanked her for the info? If walgreens had given it to me there wouldn't have been a problem. I don't have a sense of entitlement. I know there are other places to get it filled. Why don't you take your preaching home to your wife who obviously has to listen to your overbearing self richous whine every day of her poor life.
I respect our troops for what they do. But this new generation of military feel like they should be handed everything when they come back. Most of my family are military and don't act like this. Most who complain about small issues like this were never in a real war like situation, just overseas to hear the shots and explosions from a distance, then claim to be war vets. It's the government, not Walgreens. Go to the VA, that what it's there for. The government treats military, police, ems and fire just like everyone else, most of the time getting the short end of the stick. But don't go out here acting like the world owes you everything you want, your way. You are just like the next person, no better and no worse. People who act like you make our military look bad by running their mouths like this.
yep

Grove City, OH

#22 May 24, 2012
Walgreens not honoring the insurance has nothing to do with the company not supporting the troops. the government, just like any busniess, has a insurance company. just like every insurance policy there is some places that accept the insurance and some do not. this is all based on the contract with the insurance and the providers. i used to work in insurance so i know how this works. they will still fill the script but not give you the discount that an in network provider will give you. you need to read your insurance policy or call them to find network providers that will give the contracted discount.
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#23 May 24, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect our troops for what they do. But this new generation of military feel like they should be handed everything when they come back. Most of my family are military and don't act like this. Most who complain about small issues like this were never in a real war like situation, just overseas to hear the shots and explosions from a distance, then claim to be war vets. It's the government, not Walgreens. Go to the VA, that what it's there for. The government treats military, police, ems and fire just like everyone else, most of the time getting the short end of the stick. But don't go out here acting like the world owes you everything you want, your way. You are just like the next person, no better and no worse. People who act like you make our military look bad by running their mouths like this.
28 years 7 tours to middle east, bosnia and a few more i don't care to mention. Combat zone for all. 30% disabled. What have you done for your country? Have you even thought about our troops overseas this year? Have you sent them a package, wrote your senator on your opinion whats going on. I would guess you have not?
Wow

Maryland Heights, MO

#24 May 24, 2012
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>28 years 7 tours to middle east, bosnia and a few more i don't care to mention. Combat zone for all. 30% disabled. What have you done for your country? Have you even thought about our troops overseas this year? Have you sent them a package, wrote your senator on your opinion whats going on. I would guess you have not?
I know I don't cry to my country when I don't get my way. We won't go into what I do there darling. I'm not the one bitching cause I can't get my pills.
Charleston Observer

Ardsley, NY

#25 May 24, 2012
I'll tell you what I do, I work every damned day of my life, and have since I was 16. I vote in every election, and have since I was 18. I also paid my own way through college, no GI bill for me. Pay for health insurance for me and my family, no free government insurance for us. I also never received free housing or a low interest GI loan when I bought my house. It's a big sacrifice when someone voluntarily joins the military to protect the freedoms we all enjoy. But it's also a job and there are lots benefits that go with the job that other Americans don't have. So you have to weigh one against the other and decide if it's what's right for you and your family and then you have to stop acting like everyone who didn't serve is beneath you.
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#26 May 24, 2012
Not crying. Simply voicing a problem i see. Thats all. Now go get your disability check out of your mailbox
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#27 May 24, 2012
Charleston Observer wrote:
I'll tell you what I do, I work every damned day of my life, and have since I was 16. I vote in every election, and have since I was 18. I also paid my own way through college, no GI bill for me. Pay for health insurance for me and my family, no free government insurance for us. I also never received free housing or a low interest GI loan when I bought my house. It's a big sacrifice when someone voluntarily joins the military to protect the freedoms we all enjoy. But it's also a job and there are lots benefits that go with the job that other Americans don't have. So you have to weigh one against the other and decide if it's what's right for you and your family and then you have to stop acting like everyone who didn't serve is beneath you.
I volunteered and am proud to serve. Never act like anyone is below me. The question was What have you done for your country this year? Not what you have done for yourself?
Charleston Observer

Ardsley, NY

#28 May 24, 2012
Whatever, I said I'd worked everyday since I was 16. I guess it's hard to read with comprehension when you have tears in your eyes from crying about all the government hasn't done for you.
Charleston Observer

Ardsley, NY

#29 May 24, 2012
You can say you volunteered to serve your country but in reality you did it for yourself. For job training or to pay your way through college,most likely. So while you were fulfilling your destiny as a soldier, the rest of us were here, paying taxes and supporting the economy, voting and keeping the home fires burning so you could come back to your GI entitlements. So please, we chose what we did for ourselves and our families.....as much as you chose to do what you did for yourself. Don't get all sanctimonious because you (chose) to serve.
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#30 May 24, 2012
Whatever, I said I'd worked everyday since I was 16. I guess it's hard to read with comprehension when you have tears in your eyes from crying about all the government hasn't done for you.
Can you answer my question. If not this conversation is over. You don't seem to carry on a inteligent conversation
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#31 May 24, 2012
You can say you volunteered to serve your country but in reality you did it for yourself. For job training or to pay your way through college,most likely. So while you were fulfilling your destiny as a soldier, the rest of us were here, paying taxes and supporting the economy, voting and keeping the home fires burning so you could come back to your GI entitlements. So please, we chose what we did for ourselves and our families.....as much as you chose to do what you did for yourself. Don't get all sanctimonious because you (chose) to serve.
Guess that mean you have done nothing for your country this year
Wow

Maryland Heights, MO

#32 May 24, 2012
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>Can you answer my question. If not this conversation is over. You don't seem to carry on a inteligent conversation
An intelligent conversation consists of telling what others have done or their country? You are brain washed. You really do think you're better than those who have not served. Gang member have served in the military to go back and train other members. I guess they are better than others too?
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#33 May 24, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
An intelligent conversation consists of telling what others have done or their country? You are brain washed. You really do think you're better than those who have not served. Gang member have served in the military to go back and train other members. I guess they are better than others too?
LOL. O.K.....
Charleston Observer

Ardsley, NY

#34 May 24, 2012
If you could comprehend: military service isn't the only definition of what someone has done for their country. There are many in this country who support the economy, volunteer with children, the elderly, churches & the Red Cross. They work and pay taxes as police officers, doctors, nurses, legal aid lawyers, teachers and bus drivers. They educate themselves to try and vote for the most qualified candidates to represent us. They obey laws and serve on jury duty. We all have a little piece of the puzzle that is life as we know it in these United States and just because we aren't military does not mean we didn't work and contribute to the common good of this country. Everyone that doesn't share your viewpoint isn't wrong and you saying things like, "this conversation is over" just shows how narrow minded you are.
Wow

Maryland Heights, MO

#35 May 24, 2012
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. O.K.....
You laugh but there's documentation to back it up. Your response further shows how blind you are. Also shows that you do believe the military is above others. People like you are the reason others lose respect for our military. Always the worthless ones who make it harder for the ones who have earned it.
Life

Charleston, WV

#36 May 25, 2012
This isn't about military service. This is about someone smearing a company with half assed facts and running her mouth and unfairly bashing a business.

Veterans are not exceptions to the rules. Giving a vet a break is one thing but that's not the case here. Everyone will give a vet a break if they can and many people do and should.

But for someone to start accusing a company of not supporting the troops because they expect to be an exception to the rules is just plain irresponsible.

For people who support the troops, and would genuinely be offended at a company or business that did not, this half baked rant is taking advantage of our good will.
Mae

Goldsboro, NC

#37 Jan 23, 2013
Walgreens does support our troops. They hire our Military. They have sent hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of personal supplies overseas to our troops.
APauld

Mountain View, CA

#38 Aug 23, 2015
Walgreen's doesn't accept my plan either. I can go to Wal-Mart or Rite-Aid. I think it's more of a contractural issue than Walgreens not supporting our troops. Don't mislead people.
O come on! The military is the reason they have choices in the first place-they take welfare n medicaid don't they? & I'm sure they fill the prescriptions for the illegals!!
Janet

Roanoke, VA

#39 Aug 23, 2015
Janet

Roanoke, VA

#40 Aug 23, 2015

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Adams Middle School 17 min Gee 5
Justin Doughty 29 min Timmy 12
Korea 38 min DRTRUTH 6
Why doesn't WV offer early retirement to help w... 39 min Youareanidiot 12
Charleston DMV run by idiots 42 min Gee 2
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 1 hr Not Working Already 1,480
What the trainer did oooooooo 1 hr Last One 5

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages