Wallgreens does not support our troops

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Amn

Ardsley, NY

#1 May 23, 2012
Wallgreens will not fill military members perscriptions. I think this is sad!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 May 23, 2012
Maybe it's a branch of gov. that isn't wanting to go through that company due to certain policies .
Life

Charleston, WV

#3 May 23, 2012
Amn wrote:
Wallgreens will not fill military members perscriptions. I think this is sad!
They're a business. They will fill the prescription, but they won't accept your medical coverage. Big difference. You just have to pay full price. You should be clear on that point.

They won't take mine either. So I go elsewhere. Problem solved.

While I respect the members of the armed forces as much as anyone, I don't think Walgreens should be expected to hand out free prescriptions to military personal.
Charleston Observer

Ardsley, NY

#4 May 23, 2012
Walgreen's doesn't accept my plan either. I can go to Wal-Mart or Rite-Aid. I think it's more of a contractural issue than Walgreens not supporting our troops. Don't mislead people.
Amn

Ardsley, NY

#5 May 23, 2012
Charleston Observer wrote:
Walgreen's doesn't accept my plan either. I can go to Wal-Mart or Rite-Aid. I think it's more of a contractural issue than Walgreens not supporting our troops. Don't mislead people.
Everyone should do their part in supporting our troops. Sadly enough most people think that slapping a " Support our troops" sticker on their car is all they have to do. You sound like this type of person.
Amn

Ardsley, NY

#6 May 23, 2012
Life wrote:
<quoted text>
They're a business. They will fill the prescription, but they won't accept your medical coverage. Big difference. You just have to pay full price. You should be clear on that point.
They won't take mine either. So I go elsewhere. Problem solved.
While I respect the members of the armed forces as much as anyone, I don't think Walgreens should be expected to hand out free prescriptions
to military personal.
Oh I didn't know that they had to give them away free! You sound like a really smart guy!
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#7 May 23, 2012
Contractual issue? Whatever the reason they are not supporting our troops!

Location hidden

#8 May 23, 2012
Ok if they aren't than show a article stating that . Give people hard facts and not just opinions or assumptions . What proof is there that makes this legit ? Is there documents stating this ? Is there some kind of controversy going on at the moment ? If so than where are the news articles ? Don't you people realize that not every hospital takes military insurance also ? So why attack a company ? Shouldn't the bigger problem be with hospitals that don't take that insurance ?????
Beth

Saint Albans, WV

#9 May 23, 2012
Cherry Darling88 wrote:
Ok if they aren't than show a article stating that . Give people hard facts and not just opinions or assumptions . What proof is there that makes this legit ? Is there documents stating this ? Is there some kind of controversy going on at the moment ? If so than where are the news articles ? Don't you people realize that not every hospital takes military insurance also ? So why attack a company ? Shouldn't the bigger problem be with hospitals that don't take that insurance ?????
I tried to fill a perscription today and walgreens would not accept my insurance. Call them and ask them if you need more proof. My point is that corporations should support our troops, especially during war when their services are needed. Think about it... I've been in the military for almost 30 years , volunteered, love what I do, I can get a perscription filled a lot of places I'm concerned about the younger men and women. Would you really condone a company refusing to give a perscription to your son or daughter after serving in hell that these young people see every day? 100,000 plus sons and daughters?
Mingo mama

Oakvale, WV

#10 May 23, 2012
A friend of mine that is in the Navy, said that the government insurer, not reimbursing, is the problem. They really want military personnel to use the VA, where they can control the cost of medications better. With the VA being in Barboursville or Beckley, that makes it difficult for folks here in Charleston.

Location hidden

#11 May 23, 2012
Try treatsforthetroops.us . They do support . They Do plenty if you look things up . Just because their policy might not cover certain insurance companies doesn't mean they are communists . I think the bigger issue is hospitals not accepting it . One of my friends has a hard time traveling due to her now existing medical problems all because certain hospitals can't take it and she has military insurance . It's sad when someone has to see a doctor on base instead of a better one at a nicer hospital .
Beth

Hurricane, WV

#12 May 23, 2012
Cherry Darling88 wrote:
Try treatsforthetroops.us . They do support . They Do plenty if you look things up . Just because their policy might not cover certain insurance companies doesn't mean they are communists . I think the bigger issue is hospitals not accepting it . One of my friends has a hard time traveling due to her now existing medical problems all because certain hospitals can't take it and she has military insurance . It's sad when someone has to see a doctor on base instead of a better one at a nicer hospital .
You seem like a nice lady. I don't know where the communist thing came from.... But my point is that not honoring military members insurance is not an act that represents support of our troops. I have no problem taking my business elsewhere. But i will pass the word on when I find a business that don't support young people giving so much up for this country.
The reason your friend can only go on base for treatment is the plan she choose. There are options that enable her to go to civilian hospitals, they just cost more.
Beth

Saint Albans, WV

#13 May 23, 2012
It's the American way, we blindly give our business to these huge corporations that only care about their bottom line while putting our local businesses that really care aboutindividuals out of business. Without even questioning their ethics or morals.
Beth

Saint Albans, WV

#14 May 23, 2012
Mingo mama wrote:
A friend of mine that is in the Navy, said that the government insurer, not reimbursing, is the problem. They really want military personnel to use the VA, where they can control the cost of medications better. With the VA being in Barboursville or Beckley, that makes it difficult for folks here in Charleston.
And tens of thousand communitys around the country that do not have VA hospitals. My only point is " Support the business that support our troops". Its the least we can do to support our troops.
Chop

Canterbury, NH

#15 May 23, 2012
It's not wallgreens, it's are government will not allow military to use wallgreens to fill orders! Go to the va you will get your meds free at the va
Government will not pay wallgreens back

Location hidden

#16 May 23, 2012
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>You seem like a nice lady. I don't know where the communist thing came from.... But my point is that not honoring military members insurance is not an act that represents support of our troops. I have no problem taking my business elsewhere. But i will pass the word on when I find a business that don't support young people giving so much up for this country.
The reason your friend can only go on base for treatment is the plan she choose. There are options that enable her to go to civilian hospitals, they just cost more.
well I was saying communist as in " anti American ". Maybe there is some different reason as to why they don't support it , maybe it's the government that doesn't want to go through Walgreens . I think they pharmacy comes in handy because its a 24/7 where I live and it's only a minute from my house . Now there are some places that I don't support and that's Walmart ..it's obvious they are out for themselves only . My friend can't afford that kind of plan at the moment because of the medical bills she already has and the payment on her rent . They should just make it affordable for all military persons and for them to go to any hospital they need and want to .
Mingo mama

Oakvale, WV

#17 May 24, 2012
This has nothing to do with Walgreens being un-American or hating the Military, it has to do with the military insurer TriCare. It is because the contract between Express Scripts, Inc. and the Walgreens pharmacy chain expired on December 31, 2011, Walgreens is no longer a TRICARE retail network pharmacy. I got the info from the TriCare website. I hate to see people bad mouthing Walgreens, just because the military did not renew Their contract. The link is below:
http://www.tricare.mil/walgreens/
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#18 May 24, 2012
Mingo mama wrote:
This has nothing to do with Walgreens being un-American or hating the Military, it has to do with the military insurer TriCare. It is because the contract between Express Scripts, Inc. and the Walgreens pharmacy chain expired on December 31, 2011, Walgreens is no longer a TRICARE retail network pharmacy. I got the info from the TriCare website. I hate to see people bad mouthing Walgreens, just because the military did not renew Their contract. The link is below:
http://www.tricare.mil/walgreens/
Thank you
Life

Charleston, WV

#19 May 24, 2012
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to fill a perscription today and walgreens would not accept my insurance. Call them and ask them if you need more proof. My point is that corporations should support our troops, especially during war when their services are needed. Think about it... I've been in the military for almost 30 years , volunteered, love what I do, I can get a perscription filled a lot of places I'm concerned about the younger men and women. Would you really condone a company refusing to give a perscription to your son or daughter after serving in hell that these young people see every day? 100,000 plus sons and daughters?
So what would you have them do? Give it to you free? They don't accept your coverage because they couldn't arrive at an agreement with your insurance provider. That's how it works lady. What do you expect them to do? And why couldn't you walk your butt over to Rite Aid and get it filled?

Supporting the troops is one thing. Catering to every silly whim of someone with an overweening sense of entitlement is another.

You still need to take responsibility for yourself you know. There are plenty of places where you can fill your prescriptions with your coverage. So go there and don't play the "doesn't support our troops" card.

Support is one thing, but you expect the world to bow to your demands. There's a limit.
Beth

Ardsley, NY

#20 May 24, 2012
Did you see the post where I thanked her for the info? If walgreens had given it to me there wouldn't have been a problem. I don't have a sense of entitlement. I know there are other places to get it filled. Why don't you take your preaching home to your wife who obviously has to listen to your overbearing self richous whine every day of her poor life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kanawha Electric Cuts Pay & hours 5 min SOB 185
Copied and Posted 12 min Nancy 1
Suddenlink not delivering advertised speed (Mar '15) 20 min Joyce 29
Most Romantic Place In Charleston 22 min Wat 12
Adelphia sportsbar & grille 1 hr DumbFuqer 5
She knocked her speech out of the park 1 hr The truth 7
CHarleston Uber - How do you like it? 2 hr what 2

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance