Do WV State Troopers have to pass a p...

Do WV State Troopers have to pass a psych evaluation before becoming an officer?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

Just askin

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 23, 2013
somebody told me that to be a WV state trooper or law enforcement officer that an individual had to pass a psychological evaluation, have a college degree, pass rigorous examination and have continued training.
Fatherof2

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Oct 23, 2013
You are correct
Copher

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Oct 23, 2013
Then why do cops make bad decisions and harass people and break traffic laws?
1 post removed
Mom Of 2

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2013
Agree, I've watched some get into races , talk on cell phones. No seat belts on and one was yelling go mother f@@@@@! And was doing donuts while traffic was stopped . He could have hit my car. I like cops. Some go far. I was gonna record it, when I got my phone they took off.
Mom Of 2

United States

#6 Oct 23, 2013
You are right, yes. They don't want someone mental or with a low education or a bad back ground. You gotta go through training. Just like joining the military.
1 post removed
wahda

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Oct 24, 2013
Even Lee Harvey Oswald had security clearance when he was in the Marines.
ad

Charleston, WV

#9 Oct 26, 2013
Not sure if they do
Idk

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Oct 26, 2013
Not for sure
wvsp

Charleston, WV

#11 Oct 27, 2013
Yes. All law enforcement agencies do.
slim pickins

Charleston, WV

#12 Oct 30, 2013
we've got some good men and women that are wv troopers and try to do a great job. seems like the good troopers would 'police' themselves and demand the 'bad' troopers be removed from the force.
kws

Dunbar, WV

#13 Oct 31, 2013
It is interesting that they have to pass a psychological evaluation. When they leave the force and file their disability claim, they always seem to have all sorts of so called mental illnesses. Do these illnesses appear while they are working as police officers? I guess some could. However some of them claim personality disorder and bipolar disorder. These show up when the person is in their teens or early adulthood. It seems like the psychological evaluations they supposedly take pre-employment would pick up on these.
charting minds

Charleston, WV

#14 Oct 31, 2013
@kws -- you are so right on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most beautiful news lady 15 min Tommy G 23
PRAY for WV 31 min REALTALK 9
Sherri Ballard-Postal service 8 hr done 3
Pray for Daniel Boone Park 8 hr Vlasic 17
Love it 9 hr Tom Clark 1
Live On the Levee 9 hr mark hallburn 15
Where is the Justice? Hard to let it go! 10 hr burgerbob 41
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages