Putnam website publisher arrested

Putnam website publisher arrested

There are 36 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Apr 2, 2013, titled Putnam website publisher arrested. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Police arrested the publisher of a Putnam County website on Tuesday and charged him with willful disruption of governmental process.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymous coward

Hurricane, WV

#1 Apr 2, 2013
Our plan has been foiled!!! Mark is coming across as the good guy who goes after taxpayer waste!!!!

And these articles will only lead people to his website. I'm miserable again, as always.
enraged halfwit

Paitilla, Panama

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Troy want attention!
Troy want out of Mother's basement.
Troy Angry!
Troy SMASH!
1 post removed
Curious

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Apr 5, 2013
Troy is coming across as the limp dick that he is
legal eagle

United States

#5 Apr 7, 2013
Sorsaia will prosecute Halburn and ignore the government worker wrongdoing. Its the bureaucracy brotherhood in action.
2 posts removed
Truth

Kenna, WV

#8 Apr 7, 2013
Someone who consistently interrupts government agencies under the guise of "the media" and has been arrested multiple times for it should be prosecuted.

If the government agency is breaking a law, it is the responsibility of those who know, and have the evidence to prove it, to file a civil case. Otherwise, it's just a blogger with a vendetta...
2 posts removed
Dennis3kids

Scott Depot, WV

#11 Apr 7, 2013
If you read the indictment list in Putnam County then you know there is a serious drug/pill problem going on. Sorsaias office seems to be putting alot of them in jail. And you want to pull a prosecutor from that to mess with foia request? Are you nuts? If someone does not comply with a foia request you can always take them to civil court. The law is the law but the priority here is drugs over civil matters. Wearing a hat in a theater is against the law also. Is that more important to you than drug dealers or domestic violence??
1 post removed
richard pryor

Hurricane, WV

#13 Apr 7, 2013
Dennis3kids wrote:
If you read the indictment list in Putnam County then you know there is a serious drug/pill problem going on. Sorsaias office seems to be putting alot of them in jail. And you want to pull a prosecutor from that to mess with foia request?
I'd rather prosectors spend their time on people who ask the tough questions of public officials who live off our tax dollars.
richard pryor

Hurricane, WV

#14 Apr 7, 2013
Dennis3kids wrote:
Is that more important to you than drug dealers or domestic violence??
How much did the prosecutors care about Lura Jo Fishers daughter? The kid that was beaten and had welts all over her.

The prosecutors didnt want Fisher to spend 1 day in jail. They even didnt pursue an easily proveable felony. Stowers essentially laughed at their ridiculousness.
Travis

Ridgeview, WV

#15 Apr 7, 2013
Tell us more attention getter we really want to know. Can't wait.
Earl

Houston, TX

#16 Apr 7, 2013
richard pryor wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did the prosecutors care about Lura Jo Fishers daughter? The kid that was beaten and had welts all over her.
The prosecutors didnt want Fisher to spend 1 day in jail. They even didnt pursue an easily proveable felony. Stowers essentially laughed at their ridiculousness.
They didn't care either after you confessed when you were in jail to vandalizing cars and a mailbox, child abuser.
Dennis3kids

Scott Depot, WV

#17 Apr 7, 2013
I'm sure you don't want them to catch your wife or her suppliers. Drugs are ruining society. If you don't get a foia request then sue them in civil court.
richard pryor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather prosectors spend their time on people who ask the tough questions of public officials who live off our tax dollars.
The Truth

Derry, PA

#18 Apr 7, 2013
Obviously Dennis3Kids and Putnam Resident work for the government. Rather than realize that one or two prosecutions from Sorsaia (in magistrate court) will send a message to the bureacRATS and end the FOIA abuse, they dodge the issue and scream "drug dealers."

FOIAs must be answered in 5 business days. That's the law. There's a reason for that: Getting information in a timely manner.

File a civil suit? Pay $5,000 for a lawyer, pay a $200 filing fee, takes a week to get served, then 30 days to answer, then, if you're lucky, get a hearing within 90 days... Soon you're up to six months... This is why government officials love Sorsaia. He buys into their stall time...

And all those drug indictments? The circuit courts are overloaded. But Dennis3Kids and Putnam Resident want to add FOIA lawsuits to the clogged circuit court dockets... Real stupid idea!
Dennis3kids

Scott Depot, WV

#19 Apr 7, 2013
You don't see wsaz or the Gazette having a problem filing suit against the government to get the information they want. That shows the difference between the media and a blog. I wish I worked for the government so I could have the insurance and all the holidays off.
1 post removed
estranged halfins

Nitro, WV

#21 Apr 8, 2013
Putnam Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, file a civil suit, Halbum.
What you don't seem to understand is that it's not a criminal matter for the prosecutor to pursue.
You don't seem to have a problem pulling motions out of your fat ass every five minutes in your divorce case without a lawyer.
File it yourself.
Just admit either you can't afford a lawyer or you can't get one to take your case. It's OK. Don't be ashamed to be indigent.
Working from your office at McDonald's again?
Here's a little hint for you: Wi-Fi is for paying customers, not for someone to turn it into an office and never order anything.
take a few deep breaths and relax. calm down. feel better?
Buckeye

Charleston, WV

#22 Apr 9, 2013
When the government refuses to release public documents, the official refusing to release them should be prosecuted. Most people don't have $5,000 to hire a lawyer to file a FOIA lawsuit. If Sorsaia takes a taxpayer check he needs to get off his fat ass and do his job. Stop protecting other elected and appointed officials. Sorsaia's motivation is obvious: Government officials stick together. Clogging the courts with FOIA lawsuits is stupidity. Most courts are overwhelmed now. I don't know this Hallburn dude, and some of you hate him. It seems like he is trying to blow the whistle on corruption. Great for him.
estranged halfins

Nitro, WV

#23 Apr 9, 2013
Buckeye wrote:
When the government refuses to release public documents, the official refusing to release them should be prosecuted. Most people don't have $5,000 to hire a lawyer to file a FOIA lawsuit. If Sorsaia takes a taxpayer check he needs to get off his fat ass and do his job. Stop protecting other elected and appointed officials. Sorsaia's motivation is obvious: Government officials stick together. Clogging the courts with FOIA lawsuits is stupidity. Most courts are overwhelmed now. I don't know this Hallburn dude, and some of you hate him. It seems like he is trying to blow the whistle on corruption. Great for him.
No you di'int?!?!?!?!?!
Republic of California

Chesapeake, OH

#24 Apr 9, 2013
You gain all of your attorney and court fees back. Imagine the deterrent a big punitive damage award would send the government officials. The media has taken the government to court, they do that. I want the prosecutors to fight crime.
Buckeye wrote:
1 post removed
Dungbar Resident

Saint Albans, WV

#26 Apr 9, 2013
Where does Halburn go for his anger management class? Maybe I could get some pictures.
Dennis3kids

Scott Depot, WV

#27 Apr 9, 2013
That is what I have been saying. Take it to civil court. No matter who wins in magistrate court the other party would appeal to the circuit court. Keep the prosecutors out of this civil matter and have them fight crime. So it is going to cause more caseloads in circuit court any way so '' The Truth'' argument is pointless. It's going to circuit court no matter what.
2 posts removed
legal eagle

United States

#30 Apr 10, 2013
Halburn is vindicated by Gazette article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump will bring back coal!!!! 6 min naturalwonder 7
What if Mexico refuses to pay for wall? 14 min naturalwonder 26
Teacher Charged with Trafficking Young Girl 45 min Leonard 6
Why was Chad Green depressed? 51 min Leonard 6
News Ben Hatfield found dead in Mingo County cemetery 1 hr Duh 4
Soccer Dad Leaves Several Welts on 8 year old SON 2 hr Alien 2
18 year old Shot His 3 year old Step Son 2 hr Alien 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages