WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T...

WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T-Shirt

There are 111 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Apr 21, 2013, titled WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T-Shirt. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Associated Press Web Producer: Heath Harrison Reported: Apr. 21, 2013 4:07 PM EDT Updated: Apr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#87 Apr 27, 2013
Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the 4th Amendment to the Constitution also refer "the people" meaning "the states"?
Read the rest of the sentence, "And the persons or things to be seized.

Location hidden

#88 Apr 27, 2013
Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
So based on your logic, "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition for a redress of grievances" from the 1st Amendment to the Constitution refers to the states?
The right of the People, a person or an individual can not assemble.
Dirty Harry

Alkol, WV

#89 Apr 27, 2013
Jack_4ral wrote:
<quoted text>The right of the People, a person or an individual can not assemble.
You're not very smart! I'd bet you have an Obama phone dont ya
smh66

United States

#90 Apr 27, 2013
who cares kids probably lettin everyone know if they keep screwin around and abusin students that hes gonna use his guns "hands" to beat the crap outa next staff member that screws up ...hats off to that
schrodinger

United States

#91 Apr 27, 2013
Carlton Alinsky wrote:
@ Jack 4ral, Hi comrade you forgot the words "shall not be infringed" You progressive/marxists are always trying to say the militia mentioned in the Constitution is the "National Guard". However, you readily admit in your post that it didn't mean National Guard (because there was none) at the time of the writing but it does now because "a well regulated Militia in these modern times is obsolete. Really? So the Constitution automatically
changes its meaning because "Proud Liberals"
such as yourself says so? "A well regulated Milita
being necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear arms shall
not be infringed". The "State" at the time of the
writing (and now) means the United States, not
individual States. A "well regulated militia being
necessary to the security of a free State" means
individual armed citizens ready prepared and able
to defend the freedom of the United States from
enemies both foreign and domestic. The right of
the people to keep and bear arms [shall not be
infringed] prevents the Federal government from
disarming its citizens. The individual states also
have Constitutions that guarantee its citizens
rights also such as The State of West Virginia's
Constition Article III Bill of Rights "All men are, by
nature, equally free and independent and have
certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter
into a state of society, they cannot by any
compact, deprive or divest their posterity namely;
The enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means
of aquiring and possessing property and the
pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety". In
order to secure this happiness, safety, and
protection of private property and self Article III -
22 Right to Keep and Bear Arms states " A [person]
has the right to keep and bear arms for the
defense of self, family, home and state, and for
lawful hunting and
recretional use". See comrade progressive/
marxist, WV recognizes the "individual right" not
the marxist "collective" approval that you suggest.
"Proud Liberal" you are full of it. Take your Saul
Alinsky and Carl Marx "collective" BS and shove it.
I am sick of statists like you in this country trying
to dictate stupid interpretations of every American
tradition that exist. Thats why I no longer vote for
Democrats because most of them have been co
opted by progressive marxist and the others are
uninformed sheeple who has not figured out that
the Democrat Party of today is not the same Party
that my father and grandfather belonged to. You
can keep your gun control agenda, open borders,
illegal aliens path to citizenship, gay marraige,
taxing the working people to pay for deadbeats,
stealing social security money paid by working
people and giving it to non working drones in the
form of ssi, climate change scam, war on coal, war
on Christmas and judeo christian values, etc etc
ect. As for you progressive Republicians (RINOs)
the same goes for you. I choose to be a citizen not
a subject. I'll keep my dignity, self respect, earn
my private property and retirement right by
working not deadbeating, keep my guns, and
stand up for traditional American values and never
bow down to a bunch of progressive/marxist
"collective" statist or the political ruling class of
either party. Montani Semper Liberi, Molon Labe,
and Live free or die! Good evening COMRADE oh
yeah, remember to wear red for Mao on
mayday.
Well said!!! Thank you.:)
flourescent pigeon poot

United States

#92 Apr 28, 2013
dont forget to hang yourself with your tie guess what free trade entails ...ppl of all races religions and creedos comin 2gether for the common good and common sense keep your worthless money worthless talkin from worthlezss spoiled perverted sh*t heads hiding sexual perversions and skeletons in your closet for those of us with nothing to hide ...well life is easier... oh and guess what keep the guns youll need em you spoiled idiots probably couldnt hit the broad side of a barn anyway even with all your entourage, hoes, and prostitues well hats off for ownin a gun if you got the guts to use it LOL
nermal

United States

#93 Apr 28, 2013
and yes hail him ... fir real
Draper boy

Logan, WV

#94 Apr 28, 2013
i don't need a gun to take care of you. i know an you know your a chicken chit that white stuff in chicken chit that's chit too. i don't see no real names on here. all i see is ppl talking crap.
1 post removed
Pinche Gringo

Lockhart, TX

#96 Apr 29, 2013
Draper boy wrote:
i don't need a gun to take care of you. i know an you know your a chicken chit that white stuff in chicken chit that's chit too. i don't see no real names on here. all i see is ppl talking crap.
You spelled Diaper wrong.
1 post removed
LMS is a joke

Rochester, PA

#98 May 1, 2013
When my little sister was in 7th grade, her life was threatened. A student called our house, left a message on the answering machine saying she was gonna do it at school. She gave the date, time, day of the week, and everything...even said how she was going to do it. My mom went to the school to inform the principle about it and let her listen to the msg. She didnt care at all. All she done was ask the girl if she left tbe msg and she denied it. The whole point of sharing this is to just say that LMS doesnt care about their students at all. Very few teachers there are even worth having. That pla ce needs some major changes.
user

United States

#99 May 5, 2013
Freedom of speech folks

Location hidden

#100 May 6, 2013
Fire in the School! Fire in the School! There is your Freedom of speech.
fed up

Charleston, WV

#101 May 6, 2013
Yep, it's a matter of free speech.

If the boy had worn a shirt saying Global Warming is man-made these whining liberals would had said nothing

Liberals are way too prejudice and whine way too loud. High pitch squeals.
Carlton Alinsky

Charleston, WV

#102 May 6, 2013
@ Jack 4ral Hi Comrade! Hope you had a good (Marxist red) Mayday celebration with your Occupy Wall Street buddies. Malon Labe
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#103 May 6, 2013
fed up wrote:
Yep, it's a matter of free speech.

If the boy had worn a shirt saying Global Warming is man-made these whining liberals would had said nothing

Liberals are way too prejudice and whine way too loud. High pitch squeals.
I'll do you one better and say if a kid showed up at school wearing a red t-shirt with the image of Che Guevara holding a rifle, you'd hear absolutely nothing but praise.
bleeding heart bite me

Charleston, WV

#104 May 7, 2013
bamf wrote:
This is a very disturbing matter and it greatly sickens me. It is such a shame what America (this once great nation) has become. Liberals need to stop opening their minds and start opening their eyes.
Now baby, do you really want people to remain closed minded? If you open your eyes, what good does it do if your mind is closed?
However, I do agree with you. This is a very disturbing matter. The kid is right and the school is wrong by my way of thinking.
Lupus saves string

Summerville, SC

#105 May 7, 2013
Liberalism and terrorism are simply different stages of the same disease, that being Godlessness. This onslaught of disarming law abiding citizens is no different from all the rest of the other liberty stripping, life killing, misery creating rungs within their Godless ladder. If they cannot kill you before birth, they are intent upon making your life miserable as theirs from that point forward. Taxes, open borders, political correctness, speech codes, race baiting, global warming hoax's, death panel end of life decisions, even down to what light bulbs you can and cannot buy.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#106 May 9, 2013
Lupus saves string wrote:
Liberalism and terrorism are simply different stages of the same disease, that being Godlessness. This onslaught of disarming law abiding citizens is no different from all the rest of the other liberty stripping, life killing, misery creating rungs within their Godless ladder. If they cannot kill you before birth, they are intent upon making your life miserable as theirs from that point forward. Taxes, open borders, political correctness, speech codes, race baiting, global warming hoax's, death panel end of life decisions, even down to what light bulbs you can and cannot buy.
I am at a lost. A 15 yr old can go buy the morning after pill and the mayor of New York wants to regulate the size of a soda. I wonder what Ben Franklin would say if he could see us now!?
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#107 May 9, 2013
Richard clay wrote:
Has this country lost its ever loving mind We have lost our way , freedom does not live in America any longer only fear !
Don't wet yourself.

Overzealous school administrators are unfortunately a common phenomenon in this country, and a major source of First Amendment litigation.

We should make them all take basic American civics tests.

Location hidden

#108 May 10, 2013
Read the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proposed Bill to Outlaw Ignorant Homeschool Par... (Feb '13) 3 min Uhhh 24
good school or bad cult (Apr '13) 7 min Uhhh 11
Those Good Ol Religious Schools (Jun '16) 30 min Uhhh 10
melanie metheny missing person (Apr '11) 33 min sandra metheny 709
Kate C's having a pity party 40 min Never stop trien 7
Martha 45 min SarahAnn 3
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 2 hr Guns and Rosewingers 510

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages