WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T...

WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T-Shirt

There are 111 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Apr 21, 2013, titled WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T-Shirt. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Associated Press Web Producer: Heath Harrison Reported: Apr. 21, 2013 4:07 PM EDT Updated: Apr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

just a guy

Chicago, IL

#65 Apr 25, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that like saying that you do not belong on the internet even if it is only Topix? C'mon, it's a shirt. I'm not sold that the kid isn't just causing an uproar for kicks, but a gun on a shirt is not something that needs to be regulated.
Amen
bamf

Pikeville, TN

#66 Apr 25, 2013
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a t-shirt with the entire 2nd amendment on it. Not just the part that everyone already knows. It is amazing that everyone only knows part of the 2nd amendment. If you read the whole thing it means something a little different then what the NRA wants you to know. Please read and come to a complete understanding of the 2nd amendment before you commment on it.
As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

What is it exactly you think we are overlooking?
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#67 Apr 25, 2013
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>So, I'm a teacher, see, and I pay taxes too, so I pay my own salary. People who say they pay teachers' salaries are idiots. If you pay my salary, then I pay for everyone's food stamps.
What is your salary and what do pay in income tax? Is it the same? Didn't think so. Hopefully you aren't a math or economics teacher.
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#68 Apr 25, 2013
bamf wrote:
<quoted text>As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

You're overlooking his interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, which coming from his obnoxious perspective is the real truth. You need to listen to some NPR bro.
hey Wastedgunner

Inez, KY

#69 Apr 25, 2013
bamf wrote:
<quoted text>
What regulated militia you guys in?
Wilbert

Charleston, WV

#70 Apr 25, 2013
Facebook wrote:
This was a set up to try and get money from the logan county board of education,whos paying this money to settle this lawsuit tax payers,that will take money from every school trying to get funding,how much does his lawyer get to keep of are tax money,shame on him for taking the case,suck it up and move on quit being so paranoid no ones taking no ones guns
I agree, this is all about the money, there will be a suit filed, and as always, the board's bonding company will offer some money, which will be a lot less than their legal expenses if it goes to trial, and the boy and his parents will eagerly accept the offer because they know that is how the game is played and if it goes to trial, they don't stand a chance.

I will c&p the article from the WV Record, when it appears in a few months, to show all the negative comments that will appear regarding this post just how easy the future is for me to predict.

Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#71 Apr 25, 2013
Wilbert wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, this is all about the money, there will be a suit filed, and as always, the board's bonding company will offer some money, which will be a lot less than their legal expenses if it goes to trial, and the boy and his parents will eagerly accept the offer because they know that is how the game is played and if it goes to trial, they don't stand a chance.

I will c&p the article from the WV Record, when it appears in a few months, to show all the negative comments that will appear regarding this post just how easy the future is for me to predict.
Why does a lawsuit always have to be about money? Do you think their intentions are for monetary compensation or just to get a court to tell the school to stop being dickheads and worry about teaching math and science? No, you've got your theory and that's all the thinking you need to do.
Wilbert

Charleston, WV

#72 Apr 25, 2013
Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a lawsuit always have to be about money? Do you think their intentions are for monetary compensation or just to get a court to tell the school to stop being dickheads and worry about teaching math and science? No, you've got your theory and that's all the thinking you need to do.
As I said, I will post the results of the suit when it is available, but until then, dream on.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#73 Apr 25, 2013
Bill wrote:
I know the boys farther and he happens to be a very good person. He is a military man with a lot of intelligence and morals. I don't know his son, but I would venture to say he isn't just do all of this for kicks, he wears the shirt because its something he believes in, something he is entitled to, something this country was founded on. I'm behind them all the way!
So you say this Country was founded by the NRA, get real.

Location hidden

#74 Apr 25, 2013
bamf wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd Amendment has 27 words and 3 comas, the NRA only knows 5 words of the 2nd, the right to bear Arms. The subject of the 2nd is "A well regulated Militia", which is obsolete in these modern (National Guard) times. The 2nd Amendment was directed to the States or "We the People", not individuals or a person, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms.
Carlton Alinsky

Madison, WV

#75 Apr 26, 2013
@ Jack 4ral, Hi comrade you forgot the words "shall not be infringed" You progressive/marxists are always trying to say the militia mentioned in the Constitution is the "National Guard". However, you readily admit in your post that it didn't mean National Guard (because there was none) at the time of the writing but it does now because "a well regulated Militia in these modern times is obsolete. Really? So the Constitution automatically changes its meaning because "Proud Liberals" such as yourself says so? "A well regulated Milita being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The "State" at the time of the writing (and now) means the United States, not individual States. A "well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State" means individual armed citizens ready prepared and able to defend the freedom of the United States from enemies both foreign and domestic. The right of the people to keep and bear arms [shall not be infringed] prevents the Federal government from disarming its citizens. The individual states also have Constitutions that guarantee its citizens rights also such as The State of West Virginia's Constition Article III Bill of Rights "All men are, by nature, equally free and independent and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity namely; The enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of aquiring and possessing property and the pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety". In order to secure this happiness, safety, and protection of private property and self Article III -22 Right to Keep and Bear Arms states " A [person] has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, and for lawful hunting and
recretional use". See comrade progressive/ marxist, WV recognizes the "individual right" not the marxist "collective" approval that you suggest. "Proud Liberal" you are full of it. Take your Saul Alinsky and Carl Marx "collective" BS and shove it. I am sick of statists like you in this country trying to dictate stupid interpretations of every American tradition that exist. Thats why I no longer vote for Democrats because most of them have been co opted by progressive marxist and the others are uninformed sheeple who has not figured out that the Democrat Party of today is not the same Party that my father and grandfather belonged to. You can keep your gun control agenda, open borders, illegal aliens path to citizenship, gay marraige, taxing the working people to pay for deadbeats, stealing social security money paid by working people and giving it to non working drones in the form of ssi, climate change scam, war on coal, war on Christmas and judeo christian values, etc etc ect. As for you progressive Republicians (RINOs) the same goes for you. I choose to be a citizen not a subject. I'll keep my dignity, self respect, earn my private property and retirement right by working not deadbeating, keep my guns, and stand up for traditional American values and never bow down to a bunch of progressive/marxist "collective" statist or the political ruling class of either party. Montani Semper Liberi, Molon Labe, and Live free or die! Good evening COMRADE oh yeah, remember to wear red for Mao on mayday.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#76 Apr 26, 2013
Bill wrote:
I know the boys farther and he happens to be a very good person. He is a military man with a lot of intelligence and morals. I don't know his son, but I would venture to say he isn't just do all of this for kicks, he wears the shirt because its something he believes in, something he is entitled to, something this country was founded on. I'm behind them all the way!
Good inside info, Bill. If that is the case, I have to agree with you 100%. Here is an interesting question. Where is the student's ACLU support!? You would think the group that jumps on every case of rights discrimination would be blasting away at the school and the teacher! I hope he wears the shirt every day for the rest of the school year.
Bill

Prestonsburg, KY

#77 Apr 26, 2013
Jack_4ral wrote:
<quoted text>So you say this Country was founded by the NRA, get real.
OMG!!!!! Please, if you don't have any intelligence about yourself don't reply or comment on anything I post on here. I feel like I should explain why I wrote the above sentence.

STEP 1: Go read my first post, take a picture, write it 1000 times, say it aloud from memory 1000 times. If you have any friends have them read it to you 1000 times.

STEP 2: Read your reply to my post.

STEP 3: By now if you can't comprehend how idiotic your reply was I strongly advise you seek psychiatric help. Just a little advice, if you choose to seek help I suggest you pack all of your personal belongings cause odd are they will immediately remove you from society to get you help around the clock.

Have a great day!
I was there

Elkview, WV

#78 Apr 26, 2013
peoplesuck wrote:
Let me ask you something! If he was your child and you told him to do something, and he disobeyed or went against what you asked of him, what would you have done? Most parents would whip, or ground your child! A parent teaching a child to disobey and be disrespectful, is the problem with kids today!! It's a matter of respect! I believe in the rights of others. I own a gun, nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with wearing the shirt outside of school and he felt that he had a right to wear it, then schedule a meeting to talk about it with his parents and the principal. He absolutely disrupted the school AND he disrespected a police officer and the faculty of the school! If my child had done that, he would have been in a lot of trouble, not being in the spotlight or getting 15 minutes of fame(if that's what you want to call it)! It's sad that the father and son just want some attention!
You dont have a clue.The teacher was out of line.You had to be there to see how this teacher acted.This really isnt about the nra or a shirt,its about how a teacher talked to a 14 year old child he wouldnt talk to a man that way.
1 post removed
Debbie

Logan, WV

#80 Apr 26, 2013
With all of the school shootings we've seen in the past few years why would you even buy a shirt like that for your child to wear to school? Kids are not taught respect anymore.
dont worry

Scott Depot, WV

#81 Apr 26, 2013
Don't worry - the shirt wasn't loaded
1 post removed
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#83 Apr 26, 2013
Jack_4ral wrote:
<quoted text>The 2nd Amendment has 27 words and 3 comas, the NRA only knows 5 words of the 2nd, the right to bear Arms. The subject of the 2nd is "A well regulated Militia", which is obsolete in these modern (National Guard) times. The 2nd Amendment was directed to the States or "We the People", not individuals or a person, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms.
So based on your logic, "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition for a redress of grievances" from the 1st Amendment to the Constitution refers to the states?
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#84 Apr 26, 2013
Jack_4ral wrote:
<quoted text>The 2nd Amendment has 27 words and 3 comas, the NRA only knows 5 words of the 2nd, the right to bear Arms. The subject of the 2nd is "A well regulated Militia", which is obsolete in these modern (National Guard) times. The 2nd Amendment was directed to the States or "We the People", not individuals or a person, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms.
Does the 4th Amendment to the Constitution also refer "the people" meaning "the states"?
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#85 Apr 26, 2013
Jack_4ral wrote:
I'm terribly sorry, but I've just been reading our constitution, and I've found a 9th Amendment. I assume those "people" are actually states.

Location hidden

#86 Apr 27, 2013
Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm terribly sorry, but I've just been reading our constitution, and I've found a 9th Amendment. I assume those "people" are actually states.
I did go back and read the Declaration and it still says "We the People of the United States. I also read the 10 Amendment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 11 min Faith 714
Beth Walker vs Brent Benjamin 41 min Whitney 2
Dead Zone Haunted House or Ped Zone 1 hr laughable 5
Now that the Haunted Barn is closed, what shoul... 1 hr It burns 55
Did custom classic tattoos shut down ??? 2 hr Scott crushank 1
Tom Clark comes out! 2 hr Lexi Love 7
Best Plastic surgeon in West Virginia? (Jul '13) 4 hr Educated 13
Clay Nease 15 hr LeShawn 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance