WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T-Shirt

Apr 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston

Associated Press Web Producer: Heath Harrison Reported: Apr. 21, 2013 4:07 PM EDT Updated: Apr.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Facebook

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Telling his son to wear the shirt to school and if someone says something to him to stand up and protest is wrong

Since: Jan 13

Tomahawk, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

yozer wrote:
I have no problem with a t shirt. its the gun on the shirt that is disgraceful. no respect for the dead
Newsflash!: Adam Lanza killed those kids, not the NRA, not Wayne LaPierre, not regular law abiding gun owners, it was that deranged man and no one else. Your President orders drone strikes on innocents every day over seas but I don't see a huge outcry against Boeing or whatever aerospace company makes the Reaper. Put the blame where it lies, let some common sense flow through that ole brain. Guns don't fire by themselves and never have.
Heres a thought

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

you people are endangering thousands of innocent children with your stupidity. By making this a national thing you will bring in the nut jobs who will do something stupid possibly with all those children over there I ask you to please consider this.
Hee Hee

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

peoplesuck wrote:
I am an adult, you are not my parent or my boss at work, or the law, so therefore, your statement doesn't make sense! It's about respecting your elders and parents and teachers and the law(meaning the police officers). If kids aren't taught respect now, they are in for a rude awakening. Most will end up in jail or just suck at life, like you!
Thanks for proving my point of contradiction! Job well done! Yet another "adult" who fails to practice what they preach and spew! Great role model for the "kids" indeed - "Do as I say, NOT as I do!" Got to love hypocrites and bigots! LOL, LOL!
Gstspkr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

liberal feelings wrote:
Ban guns now and expel the student!
Also please write to WVU and NCAA officials to have the WVU mascots's musket banned!
All communist liberals such as yourself should be imprisoned for being oppressors and thieves. Telling others what they can't wear and forcing others to labor for you,while you sit on your ass popping out kids, smoking a joint and thinking your life's unfair.
Free Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

This is a about a liberal school teacher trying to push his liberal NEA agenda at school.
Free Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

I read another story about a grade schooler who took 30 cupcakes to school for his birthday to share with the other kids. His mother placed a little green army man on top of each cupcake. The third grader got sent home and suspended because of the green army men on the cupcakes. Just go look in any store where cake decorating or party supplies are sold and you will find the little green army men.....now if each cupcake would of had two men holding hands that would have been great
Wrong

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Free Man wrote:
This is a about a liberal school teacher trying to push his liberal NEA agenda at school.
This is about the safety if thousands of children
Gstspkr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Facebook wrote:
I blame his father have you seen him he is provoking his son to keep wearing the shirt you tell me is this the right way to use your son to further his radical belief that someone is going to take his guns that will never happen shame on him for using his son
Bullshit !!! Professors and teachers across this country have used their bully platform to insurrect mayhem across this country for the past 6 decades now. They threaten failing grades or expelling for not complying with their Marxist agendas or social Dewey experimentations. They incite violence claiming some states belong to Mexico. They openly invite and advance the gay lifestyle in our grade schools, all the while downplaying, and insulting the children's upbringing and religious heritage. Are our kids any smarter ? Not hardly, with the emphasis being placed on expressing their feelings vs learning how to communicate, calculate and solve problems, and how to place a value on endeavors. Sorry, but your education system flunks.
Wrong

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Heres a thought wrote:
you people are endangering thousands of innocent children with your stupidity. By making this a national thing you will bring in the nut jobs who will do something stupid possibly with all those children over there I ask you to please consider this.
Most relevant post on this subject
The constitution

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

What teacher did this? It's the indoctrination of our kids this liberal crap has to stop. I bet if he had a support the Muslim brother hood shirt on it would be political correct not to say anything. I stand with this kid and his family.
The constitution

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Free Man wrote:
i agree they are pushing there agenda and it starts with the kids.
just a girl

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

"just a guy"]So, where does it all stop? It wasn't against school regs. It wasn't disruptive to wear the shirt. Kids being sent home for playing army, being sent home for running around yelling "bang bang" at each other while playing on a playground. Being harassed for saying prayers. Can't say this, can't say that for fear of hurting someones feelings. Boo F'n hoo. Quit crying about it and grow a pair and get over it. Turning out a bunch of little wusses anymore. Freaking cry babies.

I totally agree - I grew up playing "army", "war", "cops & robbers", "cowboys & Indians" with my brothers and the neighborhood kids - we all turned out just fine - this world is crazy now days !
just a girl

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>This is about the safety if thousands of children
Actually - its about ... a T-SHIRT !!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

I think there is more to this story, but as it "seems" I have to side with the kid.
woah

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

just a girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually - its about ... a T-SHIRT !!!
actually you have no clue like the person said if the system allowed everything then where would the kids safety be. i believe it was staged the more i watch it on the news
mitchki

Iselin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

If the school had a policy against political statements on t-shirts, then it was in violation. Otherwise, it was a political statement and should probably be protected speech.

But then, you know schools.. they often value respect for authority over respect for students' rights. Hasn't it always been that way?
Tadmore Ratsass

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Liberalism = BS.
Mary

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

I don't know about Logan County, but I know in Kan. County wearing a shirt with a GUN on it is against dress code....No weapons, drugs, alcohol etc are allowed to be on the clothing.
Big Boy

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

It's sad we have to worry about trivial things like a stupid tee-shirt and what is written on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Charleston Forum right now

Search the Charleston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Flush exit 100 1 hr Laura 1
Whitepower 1 hr Laura 30
lesbian skype (Mar '13) 1 hr Laura 150
Ex-'Buckwild' cast member arrested in Rockport 1 hr Seriously 10
Three Charleston Restaurants Enforcing Bottled ... 1 hr runtime 4
Carroll Terrace Apartments (Nov '13) 5 hr joe 149
Gearry Bailey 6 hr Stung 1
What happened to chase carter 7 hr Dank 49
•••