WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T...

WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T-Shirt

There are 111 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Apr 21, 2013, titled WV Student, School At Odds Over Nra T-Shirt. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Associated Press Web Producer: Heath Harrison Reported: Apr. 21, 2013 4:07 PM EDT Updated: Apr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Richard clay

Wichita Falls, TX

#1 Apr 21, 2013
Has this country lost its ever loving mind We have lost our way , freedom does not live in America any longer only fear !
Dave

Charleston, WV

#2 Apr 21, 2013
Richard clay wrote:
Has this country lost its ever loving mind We have lost our way , freedom does not live in America any longer only fear !
Was this in today's Banner?
Mockingbird

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Apr 21, 2013
This was an unbelievable story if the shirt did not violate the dress code. The teacher, principal and police officer who showed up at the school should be suspended until someone investigates the circumstances.
liberal feelings

Huntington, WV

#4 Apr 22, 2013
Ban guns now and expel the student!
Also please write to WVU and NCAA officials to have the WVU mascots's musket banned!
Tadmore Ratsass

Charleston, WV

#5 Apr 22, 2013
It's another example of our 1st and 2nd amendment rights being violated

Don't tread on me.
bamf

Pikeville, TN

#6 Apr 22, 2013
This is a very disturbing matter and it greatly sickens me. It is such a shame what America (this once great nation) has become. Liberals need to stop opening their minds and start opening their eyes.
reproter

Clay, WV

#7 Apr 23, 2013
LMS is a joke. I have had nothing but bad experiences at that school. I don't blame the kid for going nuts when they surrounded him like a wild animal I would have went crazy too. The same teacher was breaking up a fight between two girls and grabbed one of them by the ponytail and picked her up. I think this teacher has some anger and aggression problems and should be dismissed. What about the kid that Mr. Vance took to Hurrican during a football game and told him to find his own way home? They do this sh^t because this is Logan co and they know they can get by with it.
1 post removed
yozer

Charleston, WV

#9 Apr 23, 2013
I have no problem with a t shirt. its the gun on the shirt that is disgraceful. no respect for the dead
yozer

Charleston, WV

#10 Apr 23, 2013
the kid also has an attitude that the woodshed would help
bamf

Pikeville, TN

#11 Apr 23, 2013
Curious wrote:
What does nra mean?
National Rifle Association.
1 post removed
here we go

Charleston, WV

#13 Apr 23, 2013
Tadmore Ratsass wrote:
It's another example of our 1st and 2nd amendment rights being violated
Don't tread on me.
Amen! We live amongst contradicting hypocrites who only support their agenda and their agenda only! Now, if this t-shirt would have been a "gay rights" t-shirt, the sh*t would have hit the fan. Hollywood would be talking! Instead, it's an NRA t-shirt and the typical argument is "right" and "left"; "FOX" and "CNN". Same sh*t, different day here in good ol' America!
peoplesuck

Logan, WV

#14 Apr 23, 2013
Let me ask you something! If he was your child and you told him to do something, and he disobeyed or went against what you asked of him, what would you have done? Most parents would whip, or ground your child! A parent teaching a child to disobey and be disrespectful, is the problem with kids today!! It's a matter of respect! I believe in the rights of others. I own a gun, nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with wearing the shirt outside of school and he felt that he had a right to wear it, then schedule a meeting to talk about it with his parents and the principal. He absolutely disrupted the school AND he disrespected a police officer and the faculty of the school! If my child had done that, he would have been in a lot of trouble, not being in the spotlight or getting 15 minutes of fame(if that's what you want to call it)! It's sad that the father and son just want some attention!
Draper boy

Logan, WV

#15 Apr 23, 2013
the teachers don't have no respect for the kids.
they want to bully the poor kids around.
give respect you get respect.
Draper boy

Logan, WV

#16 Apr 23, 2013
my tax money pays the teachers pay. i don't want my money going to that P.O.S to the S.O.B teacher no more. quit your job teacher i don't want you around my kid.
the man

Charleston, WV

#17 Apr 23, 2013
no you earn respect. and there isn't a teenager around that can spell that. bully the poor kids. hell most of them need a woodshed daily. and on the teacher quiting their job. dude you need to learn some respect and teach it to yer kid before he ends up in jail
Hee Hee

Charleston, WV

#18 Apr 23, 2013
peoplesuck wrote:
Let me ask you something! If he was your child and you told him to do something, and he disobeyed or went against what you asked of him, what would you have done? Most parents would whip, or ground your child! A parent teaching a child to disobey and be disrespectful, is the problem with kids today!! It's a matter of respect! I believe in the rights of others. I own a gun, nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with wearing the shirt outside of school and he felt that he had a right to wear it, then schedule a meeting to talk about it with his parents and the principal. He absolutely disrupted the school AND he disrespected a police officer and the faculty of the school! If my child had done that, he would have been in a lot of trouble, not being in the spotlight or getting 15 minutes of fame(if that's what you want to call it)! It's sad that the father and son just want some attention!
I dislike your comment in full and feel that it violates the "Terms of Service"; therefore, you need to remove it.(Even though it doesn't violate the terms just like the t-shirt didn't violate the school policy and dress code. It's just because I don't like it!)

Now, show some respect and delete your comment because I asked you to!
peoplesuck

United States

#19 Apr 23, 2013
I am an adult, you are not my parent or my boss at work, or the law, so therefore, your statement doesn't make sense! It's about respecting your elders and parents and teachers and the law(meaning the police officers). If kids aren't taught respect now, they are in for a rude awakening. Most will end up in jail or just suck at life, like you!
Facebook

Elkview, WV

#20 Apr 23, 2013
I blame his father have you seen him he is provoking his son to keep wearing the shirt you tell me is this the right way to use your son to further his radical belief that someone is going to take his guns that will never happen shame on him for using his son
just a guy

Belvidere, IL

#21 Apr 23, 2013
So, where does it all stop? It wasn't against school regs. It wasn't disruptive to wear the shirt. Kids being sent home for playing army, being sent home for running around yelling "bang bang" at each other while playing on a playground. Being harassed for saying prayers. Can't say this, can't say that for fear of hurting someones feelings. Boo F'n hoo. Quit crying about it and grow a pair and get over it. Turning out a bunch of little wusses anymore. Freaking cry babies.
bamf

Pikeville, TN

#22 Apr 23, 2013
Some of you people need to get real. You're complaining about this boy being unruly over this shirt situation. HE WAS STANDING UP FOR HIS RIGHTS!! There was no sense whatsoever in getting the police involved on the matter. What the teacher and police did to him was absolutely WRONG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot guy taking LPN at Garnett 37 min Amanda 11
Bull Sharks in WV (Jun '13) 58 min Aponicrazywoman 21
Patrick St. bridge named after slave owner 1 hr DRTRUTH 40
Anyone want to get laid 2 hr Stevie Wonder 9
Michael Totten 2 hr UsersandAbusers 2
David Hickman 5 hr Sadsac 1
Gang-Stalking/Crowd Stalking 5 hr RNs 9

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance