16 arrests at UMWA Patriot Coal protest

Apr 1, 2013 Full story: Charleston Daily Mail 7

The arrests occurred on the outside steps leading to Patriot Coal's West Virginia offices at Laidley Tower.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 1, 2013
As usual cecil roberts a dumbazz leader has a nice set of bracelets around his wrist. He is a poor example of a union leader and a sad example for his members.
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#2 Apr 1, 2013
I couldn't have said it any better. I remember when he sold over 1000 of us down the tube in the 80s Coal strike. That fat-cheeked Possum banged the podium and stated he wasn't going to put up with it, and this is the same clown, along with Cecil Roberts, that licked Don's boots and signed anything he laid on the table. Now, all of a sudden, he's got Union. This character is pathetic, I've heard his crap before.
real situations

Charleston, WV

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Sorry for deaths, but sad that Buckwild overshadows hard working people and retirees.

Buckwild should fold up and be tossed in the ocean. This world is going to hell in a handbasket as the saying goes.

Retirees should be taken care of and it is not the abandoned mine funds that should be taking care of this situation.
Angela Lee

Lexington, KY

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Why don't you people stand up (and stand with) for your coalminers, then? Nothing will change if people keep their mouths shut (except in semi-private). Write letters to the editor of your newspapers supporting the miners right to keep their benefits. Call your state elected officials. Do something to be of help to the miners and their families. There are two kinds of courage - physical and moral - use some of that moral courage to speak out on their behalf.
Logan coal miner

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Angela Lee wrote:
Why don't you people stand up (and stand with) for your coalminers, then? Nothing will change if people keep their mouths shut (except in semi-private). Write letters to the editor of your newspapers supporting the miners right to keep their benefits. Call your state elected officials. Do something to be of help to the miners and their families. There are two kinds of courage - physical and moral - use some of that moral courage to speak out on their behalf.
where was they at when the rest of us were Laid off lookin for jobs and they were not facing hard times they didn't help us now that there facing problems they think we should banned together to help them
Angela Lee

Lexington, KY

#6 Apr 4, 2013
Logan coal miner - I am not sure if you are talking about the union or if you are talking about the other miners not being there for you when you were laid off. Either way they should have been there for you. Problem is when people don't stick together in times of trouble then nobody gets help. Some people need to experience hard times firsthand before they realize that there is strength in numbers. Other people already know how important it is to help out your neighbor, even if its only because tomorrow that could be you. It benefits everyone to stand up for the rights of whoever finds themselves in times of trouble because in helping those people today we may well be helping ourselves tomorrow.
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#7 Apr 4, 2013
Unity, you've got to be kidding. During the 80s Coal Strike we got trampled under foot by the Scabs pouring through the Picket Line. Now some of them and their kids are losing their jobs too. What goes around comes around, they're right where we were when they did it to us. There's no such thing as a Union Brother anymore, and under Cecil Roberts, the Union has become a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics are the Epicenter of HATE 5 min Spring flower 26
Booms? (Feb '14) 57 min Too expensive 68
Are you a member of the mile high club? 1 hr bubba 6
National group wants more retailers to go tobac... 1 hr Jules 1
Snitch "Joshua L Holbert" on parole 1 hr Right 162
discussion deleted 1 hr Right 2
hero 2 hr GW s High 4
Doug Skaff arrested for DUI 5 hr Hmmmm 26
Charleston Dating
Find my Match