Review: David Saul Auto Sales

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Never Buy Again

Charleston, WV

#1 Sep 12, 2008
Do Not Buy from Mr. Saul. ALL of his vehicles leak oil and you will be stuck with high repair costs. Most of the vehicles are involved in accidents and put back together from his salvage yard. They will run fine for about the first month or so and then start to leak oil. My advise is to stay away from his JUNK!!!!
i agree

AOL

#2 Sep 13, 2008
I wouldn't buy from him either. Make him knowledgeable in the fact that the lemon law exists.
You can also contact Warren McGraws office at The WV Attorney Generals office in Charleston, WV
Now, go get your money back and hand him the keys to his lemon.
bpk

Humble, TX

#3 Sep 13, 2008
I think that you will find that anywhere you go I have a car that came from David Saul and it's a 93 and it still runs fine on leaks or nothing never a problem.
no problems

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 8, 2008
We have bought 3 vehicles from David Saul's Auto and not ever had a problem. We have even taken our vehicles in for minor repairs and he has always treated us just fine. I think any used car dealer may get some bad cars but that is to be expected. Mr. Sauls has always given us a good price on the vehicles we have purchased. My latest purchase is a 2002 Crystler Town and Country van and it is in great condition and we have not had any problems out of it. Just use caution when you purchase any used vehicles and maybe try taking someone with you that is knowledgeable about vehicles and get them to look it over before you sign on the dotted line so you don't get ripped off.
Stickler for Facts

Willis, TX

#5 Oct 8, 2008
Warren McGraw is not the Attorney General. Warren's brother, Darrell McGraw is the AG.
i agree wrote:
I wouldn't buy from him either. Make him knowledgeable in the fact that the lemon law exists.
You can also contact Warren McGraws office at The WV Attorney Generals office in Charleston, WV
Now, go get your money back and hand him the keys to his lemon.
i agree

AOL

#6 Oct 23, 2008
Stickler for Facts wrote:
Warren McGraw is not the Attorney General. Warren's brother, Darrell McGraw is the AG. <quoted text>
You are correct with the names, I stand corrected and I still wouldn't buy from David, or Rusty for that matter. The entire family acts unethically.
Randy Litton

Williamson, WV

#7 Feb 7, 2009
I have been buying cars from David for over 20+ yrs he has always treated me fare an if i had a problem he would fix it an do it at his cost can not ask for much more than that from anyone anywhere he is a good fare bussiness man.... thanks David ......for all the good yrs of service Randy Litton of Hurricane,W.V.
Jeffry

United States

#8 Feb 15, 2009
Im looking at a jeep at David Sauls, should i trust him???
epas

United States

#9 Mar 3, 2009
Eric Saul in Alum Creek would be your best bet.............
Correction

Charleston, WV

#10 Jun 22, 2010
First, it is Darrell McGraws office and second, you will find that the lemon law does not not apply to used vehicles. The lemon law only applies to new vehicles that have not been repaired for the same problem after 3 attempts to repair.
small town showdown

Charleston, WV

#11 Jul 4, 2010
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!! I bought a car from them after the motor went out in my other vehicle and he was all nice at first and gave me what I thought was a good deal, BUT less then a month after I bought the car, it broke down on a bridge in Danville on a VERY cold and windy day and my daughter, who was 1 1/2 at the time was with me. I called David Saul's where I was told they couldn't pick it up for a week and it was sitting in front of a dumpster at a store and the trash truck ran Monday and it was Thursday when I broke down. I had to have someone go tow it and then it was a whole big mess that cost me over $1000. I got it back after a month of it being broke down and the next week it broke down again, this time in Ripley in the middle of nowhere on one of those nights when it was snowing really bad. I called David Saul who actually went and got it this time and fixed it...another $1000. The last time it broke down was a week after I got it back from the month they had it at David Saul supposedly fixing the motor. They never put a new one in, maybe a used one, but I still had to pay over $1000. So anyway, this time I broke down in the fast lane on 119 in South Ridge. I called David Saul and he couldn't do anything he said. I was mad at that time, anyone would be, and I was telling him that I think it's so unfair to sell a lemon car like this to a single mom! He cussed at me and acted like a crazy person on the phone and in the end I paid $7000 on the car,$3900 is what I agreed to pay, and the rest were repair bills. It was a 99 Buick Century not even worth the $3900. I have since then traded it for a Honda Element and was very truthful with Lester Raines and I have a great vehicle now. I will have it for my next 20 years if it lasts that long, which it probably will. At least I won't have to replace a fuel pump, water pump, and motor all within 5 months. I only had the car from David Saul's for 5 months and maybe drove it a month because all the repairs and bullcrap I had to deal with. I thank God for Lester Raines because I needed something reliable and now I have it. Please stay away from David Saul's, and if you need a car, go to Lester Raines.
I had da Same Prom

United States

#12 Jul 9, 2010
I bought a car from him and nothing but problems shaking stalling and oil leak understatement....I have put lots of money into it but still have promblems..He needs to be shut down!
small town showdown

Charleston, WV

#13 Jul 9, 2010
yes he does! I've had to replace the fuel pump, replace the water pump, replace the engine, deal with this huge antifreeze leak that cost me over $100 in antifreeze before he would look at it, and it breaking down on me 3 times on the road. Let's keep writing the attorney general. Maybe he'll see what's going on! I already wrote my letter to him! It's ridiculous how they treat their customers.
Me too

Charleston, WV

#14 Aug 25, 2010
Bought a truck for my son. Had it a week and the bolts under the truck bed broke which caused the springs to go up through the bed at which time we discovered was rusted. So the end of the truck is rusted from side to side and I am going to demand my money back.
LuxuryMan96

Charleston, WV

#15 Jul 9, 2011
I think people are forgetting that they're buying a U S E D car. There's really no such thing as a perfect USED car. I bought a 96 lincoln from David back in 2006. I've had the car 5 years in september. In the first week or so I had a transmission issue (very minor fix in the end). I took it to David once, he tried to fix it and couldn't so he took it to Amco Trans. and had it fixed by them and didn't charge me a cent. That's the only running issue i've had with this car and he took care of it. I paid him 3400 bucks for this car. It's been the best car i've ever owned. now with 200,000 miles I'm waiting on David to get in another nice Lincoln for me. I definatly want him to have my business.

Since: Jul 10

Charleston, WV

#16 Jul 10, 2011
No, there's not a perfect used car, but why should you go months without a car when you just bought it? He promised it was a good car because he knew I had a small child, but that car broke down in the cold several times with my small child in it. Thank God we had blankets, but she still got sick because of his junk car. I had so many problems with that car, and it had less miles then my previous vehicle which lasted to 250,000 miles before needing a new engine and that was the ONLY problem I ever had with the previous vehicle. He had me so scared of used cars that I bought a new one next time. Imagine breaking down on a bridge in the winter with a small child, breaking down in the middle of nowhere, and in the winter, with a small child, breaking down on 119 in the fast lane during rush hour with a small child. That all happened to me because of him selling me crap then claiming to fix it, but then the same crap happen in a week or so. Think about how you would feel if you were in the same place as any of us who have had huge problems with the cars from there.

Since: Jul 11

United States

#17 Jul 11, 2011
Dont buy from the johnsons of chas. Area or coopers creek either....somewhere down the road youll beeeeee soooooo sorrrry!
Flipper

Charleston, WV

#18 Jul 11, 2011
I think David Saul is a very good man. I have know him for several years and I will have to say he is one of the most honest men I have ever met. I have baught 2 cars and 1 truck from him. The truck was for my 17 year old boy and none of them has had any problems other than a battery went dead in the truck a couple weeks after I baught it, but he replaced it with a brand new one. I wouldnt deal with anyone else but him.
Staceywv

United States

#19 Jul 11, 2011
My sister saved $3500. It took her months. She rode her bike to work during this time and she struggled. She took her HARD EARNED MONEY to that awful man, bought herself a van. It ran 33 days with signs of engine trouble the first 2 weeks. She made him aware of these problems took her van 3 hours away and it broke down, he did have it towed back but that was it he quit taking her calls. She filed a civil suit on him which took months for her day in court and in the meantime had no car to drive. David Saul paid a high dollar attorney and won his case against her when he could have spent less money replacing the head. When I served him the court papers, he laughed at me and said" I NEVER GOT THESE" and threw them on the ground then started acting like a nut job. I took a witness. He knows who to sell a car o that runs and who not to mess with. It is very sad what he did to my sister and the struggle it caused her.
WOW

Prestonsburg, KY

#20 Jul 12, 2011
Caveat Emptor = Let the buyer beware, In other words buy at your own risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Campbells Creek (Mar '11) 28 min john 164
Pepsi guy 1 hr Yolonda 2
Why does racism and job discrimination keep get... 1 hr Factoid 8
Wv chokes 3 hr REAL TALK 13
Numbers do not lie 4 hr Oh My 4
Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority -- Charles... (Jul '13) 4 hr CHAD 469
how to tell if a woman is cheating?? 5 hr trustme 7
Charleston Dating
Find my Match

Charleston People Search