United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

I'm wondering how people cope with this problem of being an addict to pain meds and also wondering if a Doc. Got u on the meds. Or how you became an addict.I was in a pain clinic for over 5 years and went to my doc. One month only to find out he left town and the new doc. They gave me was not comfortable writing the meds. I was on so I was told to find a new doc. Not having any luck with that.It has been a year and I'm tired of buying off the streets. They got me addicted and sent me on my way. How in-humane is that? I would like to find the doc. Who put me on them and have a heart to heart with him if you know what I meen? Wondering how many people in Charleston were done the same way? Thanx for listening.
1 post removed
bravehaeart

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

in pain wrote:
I'm wondering how people cope with this problem of being an addict to pain meds and also wondering if a Doc. Got u on the meds. Or how you became an addict.I was in a pain clinic for over 5 years and went to my doc. One month only to find out he left town and the new doc. They gave me was not comfortable writing the meds. I was on so I was told to find a new doc. Not having any luck with that.It has been a year and I'm tired of buying off the streets. They got me addicted and sent me on my way. How in-humane is that? I would like to find the doc. Who put me on them and have a heart to heart with him if you know what I meen? Wondering how many people in Charleston were done the same way? Thanx for listening.
With all of the abusers out there, it's hard to find a doc that will take you seriously when u tell them how bad your pain is. I just moved to charleston and haven't found a new doc yet.hopefully someone can recommend one I'm tired of working and then traveling two hours to see my doctor.
bravehaeart

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

The only way to cope, oxycodone...
kpiiimp

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

bravehaeart wrote:
The only way to cope, oxycodone...
I feeeeel you.
cant quit

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

i have been addicted to lortab 10s for quite some time. i want to quit but withdrawals are to much. Someone told me that lortab 10s are not near as bad as some other pill addictions. what is the order of worst to least in forums opinion?
disturbbed

Vienna, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Judged:

.. it takes about 5 days for loritabs. Just MAN UP and quit. The longer you wait the harder it's going to be. Be thankful you aren't on something harder to quit instead of investigating about it. Stock up on Nyquil or Tylenol PM, foods you can tolerate while nauseous, and drink lots of water. Exercise and moving (although hard to do) really speeds up the detox process... try stretching often. DO NOT GIVE IN after a day or two!!! Good luck and really hope you quit. We are experiencing the same problems in our family and it's so heartbreaking.
RLee65

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

disturbbed wrote:
.. it takes about 5 days for loritabs. Just MAN UP and quit. The longer you wait the harder it's going to be. Be thankful you aren't on something harder to quit instead of investigating about it. Stock up on Nyquil or Tylenol PM, foods you can tolerate while nauseous, and drink lots of water. Exercise and moving (although hard to do) really speeds up the detox process... try stretching often. DO NOT GIVE IN after a day or two!!! Good luck and really hope you quit. We are experiencing the same problems in our family and it's so heartbreaking.
No offense but you are ignorant, and until you educate yourself you should refrain from posting, Opiate addiction is one of the hardest things to overcome, and it comes down to a lot more than "manning up". The process is a hell of a lot more than 5 days, sure you only with draw for five days, but it is a life time battle, not to mention that the absolute torture you go through for those 5 days seem like an eternity. If i can give you some advice, read and listen, the more you blindly try to preach about something you know nothing about (and trust me having a family member who is an addict does not constitute knowledge) you are going to push your family member further and further away. I hope they get better and good luck...
disturbbed

Vienna, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Actually I KNOW from personal experience... my boyfriend and I have been going through this for almost a year and a half now. When he quits it takes about 5 days... the # of days depends of the severity of the addiction. Someone who only takes 1-2 pills a day is going to recover shorter than someone who does 5-6. I'm not stupid or ignorant and I didn't think I said anything off the wall or completely false. I'm not going to stop posting sh*t b/c some pill head didn't like what I said... I'm sure everyone has the same effect on you, especially ppl who suggest its time to MAN UP and quit being a worthless druggie. Addiction is addiction no matter what it is. I didn't say it was easy. JERK - you sound bitter and pissed like you are withdrawing as we speak and I have no sympathy. Perhaps you should quit posting on topix and take care of your problem??
wantindeals

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

disturbbed wrote:
Wait the same disturbed that was cryin over being tested for assistance? Wow!
wantindeals

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

disturbbed wrote:
Actually I KNOW from personal experience... my boyfriend and I have been going through this for almost a year and a half now. When he quits it takes about 5 days... the # of days depends of the severity of the addiction. Someone who only takes 1-2 pills a day is going to recover shorter than someone who does 5-6. I'm not stupid or ignorant and I didn't think I said anything off the wall or completely false. I'm not going to stop posting sh*t b/c some pill head didn't like what I said... I'm sure everyone has the same effect on you, especially ppl who suggest its time to MAN UP and quit being a worthless druggie. Addiction is addiction no matter what it is. I didn't say it was easy. JERK - you sound bitter and pissed like you are withdrawing as we speak and I have no sympathy. Perhaps you should quit posting on topix and take care of your problem??
Rachel, get off the drugs! Wow! The same person who called me a prude for wanting welfare drug testing! No wonder u needed assistance u were too busy spending ur money on drugs!!!!!!
disturbbed

Vienna, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

wantindeals wrote:
<quoted text>
Rachel, get off the drugs! Wow! The same person who called me a prude for wanting welfare drug testing! No wonder u needed assistance u were too busy spending ur money on drugs!!!!!!
... it's not ME on the drugs. The person w/ the problem isn't even in my household. I'm not even on assistance anymore. This is a topic about recovering from drug addiction, what does drug testing for welfare have anything to do w/ that? Especially when I'm FOR drug testing? Boy, you are one dumb b*tch. WhoTF is Rachel? Get a life and quit posting senseless BS
disturbbed

Vienna, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

wantindeals wrote:
<quoted text>
PS... Shanaynay and MS. EBT buying steaks also wanted me to tell you to shut the h*ll up. Hope you start making $10 less at work so you can finally get the food stamps for your broke a*s!
mamie survivor

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

disturbbed wrote:
<quoted text>PS... Shanaynay and MS. EBT buying steaks also wanted me to tell you to shut the h*ll up. Hope you start making $10 less at work so you can finally get the food stamps for your broke a*s!

Hunni, u just said me and my bf have been going through this for almost a year blah blah blah! Did I hit a sore spot sweety? Maybe you should be more knowledgeable in drug addiction prior to posting about "manning" up. I know your addiction is rough, but just put the hater-ade down and in about 2 weeks when you get your head out of your ass you should be fine!
Mr Con

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

Judged:

More doctors ought to be held accountable for passing out pain pills like candy. They know if their patients are addicts.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

in pain wrote:
I also became addicted to Lortab. I have 4 disc in my back thats damaged. Dr. Put me on 3 lortabs a day, so I was on them about 4 or 5 yrs and decided they wasnt helping me anymore so I stopped getting them. Thats when it hit me. Woke up sick, hurting felt like I'd been hit with a truck. I started doing other pills just to keep from being sick. I am now in a Suboxone program. I was told by councler that Hydrocodone is the #1 addictive pill. Meaning that its really addictive and then when your hooked you move to other pills cause the little stuff just isnt cutting it anymore. When I got my meds I would get 90 a month and in 3 days they were gone. I got really bad for a while and decided to try Suboxone, it really works. I was buying it off the street till I could get in a program. Doing well with it. If you can you should try that. Good luck to you!

Since: Apr 11

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Judged:

Jeez you cant even post to a new thread without wading through the nonsense first. WTF did ebt benefits have to do with the topic? Or Shanae nae either. For the one who posted this thread I will say clearly you are not the first at all and my guess is you got hurt somehow..a car accident or on the job and so the MDs hooked you right on up and then left you to battle not only addiction but the pain as well. And to the IDIOT who said MAN UP youve obviously never seen real addiction because in that state its damned if you do and damned if you dont...Do you know that opiates effect your receptors? That your body stops producing dopamines..do you even know what dopamines are? Thats what floods your body to help alleviate pain and stress..the happy cell and once on opiates no more dopamines without the drug. It always hurts. Before you advise someone to MAN UP how bout you take a walk in a real addicts shoes then try and measure their steps. The only option they leave someone who struggles is methadone and for all the hell that will cause Id have to say no. For those that are reading this and a million negative things come to mind..keep it because for someone who has a real problem its PAIN MANAGEMENT NOT A HIGH
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

i_b_dat_bytch wrote:
Jeez you cant even post to a new thread without wading through the nonsense first. WTF did ebt benefits have to do with the topic? Or Shanae nae either. For the one who posted this thread I will say clearly you are not the first at all and my guess is you got hurt somehow..a car accident or on the job and so the MDs hooked you right on up and then left you to battle not only addiction but the pain as well. And to the IDIOT who said MAN UP youve obviously never seen real addiction because in that state its damned if you do and damned if you dont...Do you know that opiates effect your receptors? That your body stops producing dopamines..do you even know what dopamines are? Thats what floods your body to help alleviate pain and stress..the happy cell and once on opiates no more dopamines without the drug. It always hurts. Before you advise someone to MAN UP how bout you take a walk in a real addicts shoes then try and measure their steps. The only option they leave someone who struggles is methadone and for all the hell that will cause Id have to say no. For those that are reading this and a million negative things come to mind..keep it because for someone who has a real problem its PAIN MANAGEMENT NOT A HIGH
This is true. I started trying to stop the pain in my back, thats never gonna happen. Something Im gonna have to live with, then it was pills to stop the pain from the addiction. It wasnt about getting high. I considered Methadone and changed my mind quick when I talked to people and researched it. Suboxone is working for me and I dont beleive it will be that hard to get off of.
suboxone

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

try it
crystalanbub

Craigsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

Rivkah odie blair snorting 10 oxys a day.
Omg

Peytona, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

My family went thru a struggle w addiction and suboxone was a miracle, good luck dont give up cause ur life is worth the struggle!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston