A penny a day or 10 million dollars?

A penny a day or 10 million dollars?

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A lot of loot

Martinsburg, WV

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Without doing the math first which one of these offers would you take if offered to you

You work 8 hrs a day for an entire month which is 31 days and for your pay you receive a penny a day and after each day that penny doubles.

Example: 1st day you get 1 penny the next day you get 2 pennies and the next you get 4 pennies and so on.

Or would you rather receive 10 million dollars for the entire month?
Lol

Charleston, WV

#2 Jan 21, 2013
The penny
Richer

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jan 21, 2013
10 Million.
Lol

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Better do the math richer!
A lot of loot

Martinsburg, WV

#5 Jan 21, 2013
It's amazing how much it adds up to simply amazing. I had a teacher in grade school that made me do the adding for extra credit to get me out of trouble. She said if I added it up and it was correct she wouldn't tell the principle what i did wrong. Well i'm happy to say I never went to the principles office that day.

Believe me I went another day or two for other things, but not that day.

Thank you Miss Mary Hill from Capital Elementary School in the east end of Charleston.

Class of 72

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 21, 2013
Day 1:$.01
Day 2:$.02
Day 3:$.04
Day 4:$.08
Day 5:$.16
Day 6:$.32
Day 7:$.64
Day 8:$1.28
Day 9:$2.56
Day 10:$5.12
Day 11:$10.24
Day 12:$20.48
Day 13:$40.96
Day 14:$81.92
Day 15:$163.84
Day 16:$327.68
Day 17:$655.36
Day 18:$1,310.72
Day 19:$2,621.44
Day 20:$5,242.88
Day 21:$10,485.76
Day 22:$20,971.52
Day 23:$41,943.04
Day 24:$83,886.08
Day 25:$167,772.16
Day 26:$335,544.32
Day 27:$671,088.64
Day 28:$1,342,177.28
Day 29:$2,684,354.56
Day 30:$5,368,709.12

I take no credit or blame for the math.
Idiot locator

Charleston, WV

#7 Jan 21, 2013
Ding ding ding I found the idiot , he said without doin the math dumbass

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 21, 2013
Idiot locator wrote:
Ding ding ding I found the idiot , he said without doin the math dumbass
After he came back with his story about doing the math, I figured it was okay, dumbass. If someone didn't post it then a guy like you would never figure it out.
Detail Details

Dunbar, WV

#9 Jan 21, 2013
He said 31 days...it kinda changes things.
Idiot locator also

Charleston, WV

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Yeah YFNA ur not on
Y stupid idiot you can't follow directions,,, lmao ! 30. 31 days makes a lotta difference here. Duh
Y ya
F fkn
N nerd
A a$$ho!e
Try to comprehend what you read!!!!!
Better yet to keep from showing ur ignorance quit posting!!! Lmao

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Idiot locator also wrote:
Yeah YFNA ur not on
Y stupid idiot you can't follow directions,,, lmao ! 30. 31 days makes a lotta difference here. Duh
Y ya
F fkn
N nerd
A a$$ho!e
Try to comprehend what you read!!!!!
Better yet to keep from showing ur ignorance quit posting!!! Lmao
I have no idea what you said. What language is this in? Does anyone think Google translator would help here? Perhaps a basic English course and then try to get your point across?
Idiot locator also

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 21, 2013
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you said. What language is this in? Does anyone think Google translator would help here? Perhaps a basic English course and then try to get your point across?
,, of course you don't , wouldn't expect you to!!!
Jack Jackson

Charleston, WV

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Old joke there. See someone can't play fair !!
Arlington Court

Dunbar, WV

#14 Jan 22, 2013
A lot of loot wrote:
It's amazing how much it adds up to simply amazing. I had a teacher in grade school that made me do the adding for extra credit to get me out of trouble. She said if I added it up and it was correct she wouldn't tell the principle what i did wrong. Well i'm happy to say I never went to the principles office that day.
Believe me I went another day or two for other things, but not that day.
Thank you Miss Mary Hill from Capital Elementary School in the east end of Charleston.
Class of 72
Where was Capital Elementary? I went to Piedmont around that time but I don't remember Capital.
A lot of loot

Martinsburg, WV

#15 Jan 22, 2013
Arlington Court

The building is still there it is now a day care center run by the state. It's the red brick building on the corner of Jefferson Street and Washington Street. Michigan Avenue is on the other side. Real close to the state capital. From what I recall it closed down and the students had to go to Piedmont somewhere in the mid 70's. I went there from Kindergarden through 6th grade and then Roosevelt (The Velt) 7-9 and then CHS. Graduated in 78!

I had a grade school teacher named Mrs Hill who gave me that little bit of trivia on the penny a day when I was in the 5th grade and I never forgot.
Arlington Court

Dunbar, WV

#16 Jan 23, 2013
A lot of loot wrote:
Arlington Court
The building is still there it is now a day care center run by the state. It's the red brick building on the corner of Jefferson Street and Washington Street. Michigan Avenue is on the other side. Real close to the state capital. From what I recall it closed down and the students had to go to Piedmont somewhere in the mid 70's. I went there from Kindergarden through 6th grade and then Roosevelt (The Velt) 7-9 and then CHS. Graduated in 78!
I had a grade school teacher named Mrs Hill who gave me that little bit of trivia on the penny a day when I was in the 5th grade and I never forgot.
I know where you're talking about, never knew the name though. Thanks CHS '81
A lot of loot

Martinsburg, WV

#17 Jan 24, 2013
Class of 81 did you go to the Velt or Jefferson?

Only Junior Highs left are Hoarce Mann and John Adams and these are long gone

Woodrow Wilson Warriors
Lincoln Wildcats ( Stinkin Lincoln )
Thomas Jefferson Trojans
Marmet Mustangs
Roosevelt Roughriders

High Schools gone

CHS Mountain Lions
Stonewall Jackson Generals
Dupont Panthers
East Bank Pioneers

Where did the time go?
HaHa

Princeton, WV

#18 Jan 24, 2013
I'll take the 10 million at the beginning of the month and I bet I can make more.
Arlington Court

Dunbar, WV

#19 Jan 24, 2013
A lot of loot wrote:
Class of 81 did you go to the Velt or Jefferson?
Only Junior Highs left are Hoarce Mann and John Adams and these are long gone
Woodrow Wilson Warriors
Lincoln Wildcats ( Stinkin Lincoln )
Thomas Jefferson Trojans
Marmet Mustangs
Roosevelt Roughriders
High Schools gone
CHS Mountain Lions
Stonewall Jackson Generals
Dupont Panthers
East Bank Pioneers
Where did the time go?
We moved to the 1500 block of Quarrier when I was in the 6th grade so I went to Roosevelt. I was there when the Jefferson students came over after that school was closed...I'm thinking, in my 8th grade year.
A lot of loot

Martinsburg, WV

#20 Jan 25, 2013
I grew up on Washington st near the old Kanawha City bridge. I actually watched the old bridge get blown up in 1974. I was watching from the Kanawha Blvd and it was something to see at that young age. I recall it being loud and what a SPLASH!

I was very fortunate as a child, I was able to go to the same grade school, Junior High and High School without ever having to move. Went to school with some of the same friends from grades K-12!

Played hide and go seek in the State Capital as a child and thers is not one crevice of that building I don't know about. Been all over that place.

I will tell you a funny ( albeit sick) story about the Capital if you want to hear it.

Just keep in mind that in todays day and age a kid couldn't get away with what one could back in that time period. Too much security and cameras.

Thank God! LOL!

let me know and i'll tell you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
List things you're Thankful for on this holiday? 8 min Doc H 8
Marshall basketball 35 min Dan Dan 1
Ppl who hide behind fake names 1 hr Doc H 25
Kanawha Drug Court a joke 1 hr Feelgood McGurk 4
the cold spot -chaleston location 2 hr watcher 21
Cold spots wings are burnt (Dec '14) 2 hr Doc H 10
Lavar Ball gets schooled by President Trump 10 hr Triple K 12

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charleston Mortgages