Bankrupt Patriot wants bonuses

Bankrupt Patriot wants bonuses

Posted in the Charleston Forum

nemesis

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Feb 13, 2013
Sounds about par for the course, Don killed 29 men and walked away with over $10 million.
I wonder

Charleston, WV

#3 Feb 13, 2013
6 million dollars would do wonders for Patriot's layoff miners or retired miners their benefits I wonder, how many men that would put back to work that they layoff because of this bankruptcy
Agree

Wharton, WV

#4 Feb 14, 2013
I wonder wrote:
6 million dollars would do wonders for Patriot's layoff miners or retired miners their benefits I wonder, how many men that would put back to work that they layoff because of this bankruptcy
Agree
I wonder

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Yea, they only want to give a set amount per year of 40 million for the retired miners health benefits. And once that runs out they looses medical coverage until the following year. Then the benefits start again.6 million dollar given to keep top managers for a bankruptcy company that makes sense.
Leroy

Troy, VA

#6 Feb 14, 2013
I wonder wrote:
Yea, they only want to give a set amount per year of 40 million for the retired miners health benefits. And once that runs out they looses medical coverage until the following year. Then the benefits start again.6 million dollar given to keep top managers for a bankruptcy company that makes sense.
Makes sense to me too.
FromMyFrontPorch

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 14, 2013
And that management and industry poured millions to the last Presidential campaign against Obama because he was "...no friend to coal". When will the people of this state finally understand if it were not for the history of the coal mine union and the Democrat party safety and regulations would be non-existent along with black-lung benefits and health provisions. This "bankruptcy" is the choreographed legal manipulation of four major coal companies who have legally transferred assets and revenue out of Patriot leaving it with prior litgation and that to some of you may come as a surprise as it is a favorite system of Republican corporate America whose interests never have been, never will be in the fate of this state. Sadly, but for certain the workers will lose this battle and coal management will walk away smelling like roses.
coal

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Coal-fired power plants are the largest source of mercury and other hazardous air pollutants in Massachusetts. Even at extremely low levels, mercury is a potent neurotoxin. This is the 21st century. We should be shifting away from dirty, dangerous energy sources like coal and embracing clean, renewable energy to power our lives. Luckily, Massachusetts has the capability to be coal-free by 2020. Using policy tools already in place, the governor can make the final push to get Massachusetts off coal and protect our health, our environment and our planet. And in due time wv will follow suit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rico Moore-lawyer 17 min Yes 3
M PLANTS calls Hardy and Carper bullies (Jul '14) 2 hr Time for him to go 17
Trump is for uneducated poor people 3 hr pork 31
Bill Cosby is being railroaded because of skin ... 3 hr bluegum banjo-lip 19
Why aren't the police doing anything? 5 hr WVM506 1
The new V-100 6 hr crappy 5
Mike Nelson 6 hr Jessica 30
Shawn Williams on a rampage after his fathers p... 10 hr waxyoubum 12

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web