weapons of mass communications<quoted text>
I love it.
"All you global warming people" -- like the National Research Council, the World Health Organization, and the national science academies of the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and 28 other countries?…
In fact, there is not a _single_ national or international scientific body on the face of the planet that says that global warming isn't happening or that humans aren't causing it.
...people want to argue with me about this, I tell them they first need to do at least a little cursory reading to see how all the arguments they're making have been exhaustively debunked (and that if they want to persist with those points they'll need to show me exactly how the deconstruction was wrong). I ask them to read this set of articles before replying and that any reply should take what was said there into account. <sic - see link for actual clickable articles>
• Scientific opinion on climate change (Wikipedia)
• Meta-analysis of climate change research (American Association for the Advancement of Science. In nearly 1000 studies done over the course of a decade, not a single one rejected the consensus position)
• 53 arguments against climate change refuted (Skeptical Science)
• How to argue with a global warming skeptic (Science blogs)
• Climate change doubt paid for by Exxon-Mobil (Mother Jones)
...(By the way, a list of individual scientists, even IPCC report scientists which Mr. Huisman asked about, isn't hard to find if one has heard of something called Google. It's the first hit in a search of "ipcc list of authors". And here's a page which lists all 619 contributing authors of IPCC Working Group 1 of the Fourth Assessment Report.)
I'm not a scientist. And neither are the people who argue with me about climate change. The difference between us is that I'm trusting the consensus of the world scientific community. They're trusting <sic The Brothers>, Rush Limbaugh and Exxon-Mobil. Now, I suppose I could decide that the world scientific community is wrong, but I'm just not that arrogant."