First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Buck Cherry

Beckley, WV

#1 Mar 7, 2013
I wonder is this kind of thing true? "You can't handle the truth"?



http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Buck Cherry Dos

Beckley, WV

#2 Mar 7, 2013
I can hear you but I think there is an echo in here?



http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Buck Cherry

Beckley, WV

#3 Mar 7, 2013
Since I probably don't have many years left of this old life, since I don't have kids I wonder --
should I care, I don't have any dog in this fight ---

1 post removed
Luke

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 7, 2013
Truth is: Wva. made the most FAT State list. Hahahahaha! Lard a**ed Wva. residents.
C O A L

Beckley, WV

#6 Mar 7, 2013
The first link, from Australia talks about their coal future. The second link talks about the climate on earth long ago.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/coal-our-ne...

http://theclimateblog.livejournal.com/4301.ht...
C O A L

Beckley, WV

#7 Mar 7, 2013
The first one talks about school funding and the others are about gasoline prices.



http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

There is mucho more on schools ....
C O A L

Beckley, WV

#8 Mar 7, 2013
BlkBarbie wrote:
Truth is:: You are stupid and gay.
I would guess I might be a tad smarter than you. Can you say Biochemical Engineer lil girl. As far as gay, no but I certainly wouldn't feel there is shame in that so if it makes you feel good to 'gaybash' go for it. Here I'll help you --
I A M G A Y

big deal


One thing nice about this link is you can search for it on a big screen TV if you have Netflix as they carry it too. I'm sorry to say but it is an hour long but perhaps an hour that will change your life?
Fiends of Coal

Beckley, WV

#9 Mar 8, 2013
Luke wrote:
Truth is: Wva. made the most FAT State list. Hahahahaha! Lard a**ed Wva. residents.
I also saw recently where for the 4th year in a row we felt the least happy of any state.

While I'm up, thought I'd pass along a little article - Fiends of Coal errr - I mean about some of our Friends Of Coal

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/25/9498...
C O A L

Beckley, WV

#10 Mar 8, 2013
BlkBarbie wrote:
Truth is:: You are stupid and gay.
I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. Got a good -- link, thought or argument?.... Thought not.

I am starting to wonder - IF The Heritage Foundation is funded by The Brothers and others, with that name, Heritage, are we being misled. Cato, Reason Foundation, Hometown?...

Should we start questioning who owns that American flag waving Faux news.
Could it be - some newspaper owning Australian, who at what, 50 years old, moved to England and took over their press. Getting Hatcher elected. After 10-15 years there could he have moved here, became a citizen (no illegal immigrant - he is rich).

Then later when he bought many CBS stations did the law need to be changed because he was over the 30% ownership rules in certain markets. Not to mention by law he had to be a US citizen for the deal to go thru.

As he saw China a big player, could he have sold off his DirecTV, made more investments in Europe and Chinese satellites and decided he needed an insider in China. Could he have married a what ~ 27 year old politburo Chinese connected lady when he was 77 years old? I'm sure that was love.

Am I remember stuff right about this true red blooded , flag waving AMERICAN? Now owner of stuff like -- Many newspapers all over the world (Wall Street Journal etc), Fox, 20th Century Fox movies, Fox Searchlight, many book publishers, many regional CBS stations, partial owner of Europe satellite company Sky etc etc etc.

Something I saw about that ole slithering Australian Fox trying to get into the hen house.

http://www.mediamatters.org/
C O A L

Beckley, WV

#11 Mar 8, 2013
Luke wrote:
Truth is: Wva. made the most FAT State list. Hahahahaha! Lard a**ed Wva. residents.
Even if you aren't one of THE Mountaineers Are Always Free ppl
Do you Care about some of this stuff?

What About THE George Soros money in politics you ask?

I also worry when ANY big money works to sway opinion. However is it possible that unlike "The Brothers" - who have been around 'hidden' for 30 years funding things like Heritage, Cato and making huge donations?--
Sorros funds nothing big or well know, has maybe been doing it 10 years and spends pennies compared to the Brothers? Also Soros documents and publishes what he supports and doesn't hide - he gives interviews. Like comparing Apples and Oranges isn't it.



I'm always willing to learn. Teach me barbie teach this newbie ;-0
Adam Smith

Beckley, WV

#12 Mar 8, 2013
C O A L wrote:
The first one talks about school funding and the others are about gasoline prices.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =N7e0gSqjSaMXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
There is mucho more on schools ....
So want more on school funding? A small state with no business interests to The Brothers as far as I know but do they invest here? "Teach your children well" --

Fair Use Educational
http://wvgazette.com/News/201009260391
snip
September 26, 2010
Koch brothers' billions reach West Virginia
By Paul J. Nyden

CHARLESTON, W.Va.-- Brothers Charles and David Koch have spent tens of millions of dollars financing right-wing political organizations including Tea Party groups...

In West Virginia, the brothers help fund a conservative Morgantown think tank and several positions at the West Virginia University economics department through the Charles G. Koch Foundation.

Economics professor Russell Sobel recently told the West Virginia Public News Service that his department would lose two faculty members and two graduate fellowships without money from the Kochs.

Sobel also works closely with the Public Policy Foundation of West Virginia, the Morgantown think tank which published his book, "Unleashing Capitalism: Why Prosperity Stops at the West Virginia Border and How to Fix It," in 2007.

The Sobel book is a collection of 12 essays, arguing that government regulations hurt West Virginia's economy.

One essay questions the value of "mandated" mine safety laws, stating government regulations may increase accident rates.

The foundation also published "An Economic Examination of West Virginia's Prevailing Wage Law," a research report by Andrea M. Dean, a Charles G. Koch Doctoral Fellow at WVU's Economics Department, in 2009.

West Virginia's "prevailing wage law" requires that contractors doing public construction work receive wages similar to contractors in the private sector, especially to prevent government agencies from hiring cheap out-of-state labor… end snip.
Radical Song

Beckley, WV

#13 Mar 8, 2013
Buck Cherry wrote:
Since I probably don't have many years left of this old life, since I don't have kids I wonder --
should I care, I don't have any dog in this fight ---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =P36p-zhhkL4XX
How old? Do people remember when FM 105.1 had their announcers talk Very low during commercials as we all had are speakers blasting? Good times!

Some recent news on hiding the $$$$?

http://www.ibtimes.com/koch-family-uses-fund-...

http://www.publicintegrity.org/2013/01/31/121...

Young People fighting Back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Two for the radical liberals among us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Fear

Beckley, WV

#14 Mar 8, 2013
I want to click on those links. I have heard it is pretty safe to click a link if it is google and most of those links start of with youtube.com so I was thinking it is safe ... what say you?

I also worry that if a couple of big storms hit NY City the media will go crazy and our politicians won't have looked for other jobs as mines close?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_miners '_strike_(1984–1985)

…The coal industry was finally privatised in December 1994 to create a firm named "R.J.B. Mining", now known as UK Coal. Between the end of the strike and privatisation, pit closures continued with a particularly intense group of closures in the early 1990s.…

In 1983, Britain had 174 working mines; by 2009, this number had decreased to six.[46]

During the strike, Scargill had constantly claimed that the government had a long-term plan to reduce the industry in this way. The miners' will to resist deteriorated rapidly and there was a very apathetic response to the intensive period of closures in the early 1990s, despite evidence that there was much more sympathy for the miners then than in 1984.

Nottinghamshire miners had hoped that their pits were safe, but they too were mostly closed in the 1985-1994 period. This was widely resented as a betrayal of the promises that had been made to working miners in the strike; they had been told that their jobs were safe and their industry had a future.

The subsequent behaviour of the Conservative government was seen by most on the left, and in the "heavy" industries, to confirm fears about how they had been used to divide the miners' union...
1 post removed
Ned Chilton

Beckley, WV

#16 Mar 8, 2013
"You can't handle the truth"

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/why_im...

http://bitchspot.jadedragononline.com/2013/03...

This one you might find interesting, IF you follow the brothers (libertarian) they fund what -- maybe 10 million to this school.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/bcaplan/whyaust.ht...
Ned Chilton

Beckley, WV

#17 Mar 8, 2013
I'll bet that "Public against Private wages and benefits" is too subtle for some heavy thinkers. Let me simple it up for 'be a simple kinda man'

INSTEAD of LOWERING the PUBLIC WAGES and BENEFITS to the PRIVATE LEVEL - let's RAISE the PRIVATE WAGES & BENEFITS TO THE PUBLICS???

You want some daring, sexy economic theory - try Germanys idea of co-determination. All of all companies board of directors are 50% elected by the workers.

How about the French idea -- besides JUST publishing Gross Domestic Product and how well it is doing -- MEASURE & Publish a happiness statistic just as big!
Krugman

Beckley, WV

#18 Mar 9, 2013
As far as clicking on youtube links --

As I understand it IF the link starts with youtube.com then it has to go thru google and so it has been well checked for any viruses and bad stuff. Can someone show a article that disputes that? As far as not watching but reading -- you are missing some the Greatest stuff of the 21st Century.
Melony

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Mar 9, 2013
Truth is I'm a morphodite. How do I tell my boyfriend??
Krugman

Beckley, WV

#20 Mar 9, 2013
Melony wrote:
Truth is I'm a morphodite. How do I tell my boyfriend??
In a LOW pitched voice?

I have posted a number of video clips and articles on this thread. I know most of it surprised me at first and I just thought others should know this sort of thing.

NOW - I certainly could be wrong so if there is evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it. So far all I've see is superficial tries at one-upmanship. Hey I enjoy "Game Theory" (see google) as much as the next- math - social - behavior scientist but I don't see the need to 'change minds or opinions'.

I just wonder -- DID YOU KNOW ???

Hey - if you can disprove an article or video how about quoting what you are arguing against while supplying some supporting evidence or VERY logical argument?

Since I expect little back I'll say now -
In case we don't meet again have a good life !
Expected

Beckley, WV

#21 Mar 9, 2013
Krugman wrote:
<quoted text>
In a LOW pitched voice?
I have posted a number of video clips and articles on this thread. I know most of it surprised me at first and I just thought others should know this sort of thing.
NOW - I certainly could be wrong so if there is evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it. So far all I've see is superficial tries at one-upmanship. Hey I enjoy "Game Theory" (see google) as much as the next- math - social - behavior scientist but I don't see the need to 'change minds or opinions'.
I just wonder -- DID YOU KNOW ???
Hey - if you can disprove an article or video how about quoting what you are arguing against while supplying some supporting evidence or VERY logical argument?
Since I expect little back I'll say now -
In case we don't meet again have a good life !
The future of coal -- be prepared?
C O A L

Beckley, WV

#22 Mar 10, 2013
Ohhh, ohhhhh

Just found a decent link on gasoline speculation and prices (although the other link above on storing oil on tankers off shore was better ...).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenneth W Rucker 1 hr Madge 4
lesbian skype (Mar '13) 1 hr Lacko 171
Mink Shoals Park N Die 2 hr lmao 5
discussion deleted 2 hr curious 1
Catholics are the Epicenter of HATE 6 hr Kishop 15
stalker alert!!! ron obenchain 55 yrs. old 6 hr To Know The Truth 4
Who was that crying like a little BITCH on the ... 6 hr Observer 13
Doug Skaff arrested for DUI 11 hr little bird 20
Charleston Dating
Find my Match

Charleston Jobs

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]