Anyone tried bee pollen to loose weight?
Seriously

United States

#41 Jul 7, 2012
maintain wrote:
I have contacted people who know what they're talking about. I have taken everything into my family doctor (who refers the products to patients that want to go the naturalist way) and my Gyn. Considering I'm not a dude... I do my research! I'm not gullible and truthfully, my husband has had liver failure before, so we are very careful with what we eat and take or the products that we consume in our bodies.
Sorry that your way is not the only way, and that you don't have a leg to stand on concerning this topic.
Preach all you want, but I'm
Doing what works for me, my family and our life. Maybe life wouldn't be such a defensive place for you if you were open to others opinions or ideas. But good luck with all your time in the gym and your healthy diet. Hope it works out for you, but it's not for me.
Now I don't have a led to stand on. Awesome. I really have no idea what you are talking about being defensive. You're the one who jumped in here head first to rescue the reputation of your cult kool aid miracle shakes. I was simply urging people to take a common sense approach to their weight issues and not fall victim to manipulative folks who have no ones well bieng in mind but their own. I see you are convinced over processed soy products and hyper poly saturated trans fats are healthy so, have at it. Pleas for the love of god, don't let whatever quack is recommending a starvation diet with no emphasis on physical activity talk your poor husband into taking the plunge as well, it could really take a toll on the poor guy.

This product will be outlawed within the next year once the U.S. Attorney General finds time to prosecute the lame asses who created it. You people are hilarious and living proof why "as seen on t.v." products are so popular nowadays. L A Z Y!
Seriously

Riverdale, IL

#42 Jul 7, 2012
BTW, we would like the names of these physicians who are allegedly recommending 99 day diet shake challenges to their patients as a form of increasing their overall health. Since they feel so strongly about your little product, then I cannot imagine they would take issue with your divulging this info. That way when the class action lawsuits start rolling in, these docs can stand behind you and the uber-scientific nutrition developers at Visalus (i.e. bunch of marketing douchebags).
maintain

Ardsley, NY

#43 Jul 8, 2012
I am not on Visalus or whatever it is. No shake diet here.
I said products that are for health and wellness. So next time make sure you read before you start quoting someone on why they are so wrong.
Seriously

United States

#44 Jul 8, 2012
maintain wrote:
I am not on Visalus or whatever it is. No shake diet here.
I said products that are for health and wellness. So next time make sure you read before you start quoting someone on why they are so wrong.
Products for health and wellness= education, drive, goal setting, regimented exercise, and healthy cooking and preparation techniques. Possibly miltivitamin but not necessarily though. I must have gotten confused by your interjection of nothing in the middle of a debate. Sorry. Glad whatever it is you do works. Nothing like discouraging people with weight issues from exercing and eating right. You are awesome.
1 post removed
Kelli

Louisville, KY

#46 Sep 2, 2012
I love INFINITY. I buy from my aunt's friend ( www.slimgirlhoney.com )
Works perfect.
Not shaking- not hungry-nice energy-.... I totally LUV IT.
Jojo

UK

#47 Jan 4, 2013
Good for you & well done to your weight loss , if it works for you then keep it up ;) And just to back you up the doctors are in favor of it as they gave some to my husband
Jojo

UK

#48 Jan 4, 2013
"Seriously " allow people to do what they want , if it works for someone one allow it & let them be happy ( y u gotta be like a rain cloud ?)
If wanna research it n it makes you happy crack on but just allow others happiness please
jodi is no teacher

Charleston, WV

#49 Jan 4, 2013
I think there are many legitimate "products" on the market for assisting in weight loss. Everyone needs to be mindful of the "fads" and just research everything that sounds like something you might be interested in. I personally like the meal replacement shakes (vanilla especially). You can add different frozen fruits or juices, peanut butter, etc. to flavor them to your liking and they are very, very good. Also full of vitamins, etc. and IF you do use them to replace a meal or 2 for the day, you will certainly lose weight--even more if you add exercise. I have tried tons of products and I think there are many others which are helpful, too. I just think for myself, the meal replacement shakes work best for me and I know I can do these forever and not harm my body in the process. Weight Watchers works for tons of people and I would endorse that program whole-heartedly! I just don't have the time for the meetings. Oh yeah, I almost forgot... the shake powder I like best is the Ideal Shape... I order on-line and usually purchase multiples for the best price-break. I am not hugely overweight, but I guess we all want to look our best, and the shakes keep me "in check". Spring, Summer and Fall are great biking weather days and that's an added bonus for getting in shape and enjoying the outdoors, too. Fun with benefits! LOL Good luck to everyone on here trying to lose some weight! You can do it!!!!!! Just do it the smart way!
jodi is no teacher

Charleston, WV

#50 Jan 4, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot lose weight in a healthy, sustainable manner unless you: change your eating habits, make significant lifestyle adjustments and dramatically increase your healthy activity level. There is no "magic milkshake" or pill to replace the need to increase muscle mass, flexibility, and cardiovascular function.
Sitting around drinking protien shakes while you crap yourself into oblivion is not healthy, despite whatever ridiculous nonsense is on the nutrition label. The "Body by Vi" SCAM is akin to any pyramid scheme (much like the Amway cult which pushes their "vitamins" constantly onto desperate folks). They "draft" potential advocates (victims) into their scam and then reap the benefits of peoples' insecurities and laziness.
Not sure what kind of shake the Body by Vi is, but all shakes are not simply protein shakes. The ones I do are vitamin packed and I add sugar-free juices, real fruits, peanut butter, etc. for whatever flavor I might want. I make mine healthy! People have different ways of being successful on their road to weight-loss and getting healthy. Exercise is a no-brainer! We all need more exercise. But, allowing others to choose their own way is how I think people end up staying true to their program. Lots of ways to lose, and lots of those ways are healthy. If you can pick the right foods and have the time to prepare them, that's good. But, some of us need to find something which is quicker to prepare and satiate us so we won't reach for those candy bars, chips, etc. which are too readily available and very quick to rip into and gobble down! Fruits are good, veggies are good, but they are certainly not the only ways to lose the weight. YES, move around a little more, but choose your own way to lose your weight and make sure it's something healthy and that you can live with most of the time. No one person on here or anywhere else has all the answers for all the people. NO ONE. That's the truth!
1 post removed
Jennie

Charleston, WV

#52 Jan 5, 2013
Upsized MEAL^^^ before I get the spelling police after me lmao
Jennie

Charleston, WV

#53 Jan 5, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a scam because it is nothing more than a fad. It simply gets rid of excess fluids stored in the body and does nothing else. It tricks people who are susceptible to confusing instant gratification with success. The fact you are so insistant on its effectiveness proves you have already drunk the look aid. In turn you are trying to convince people it is a good thing. So, in effect, it does not work and you are pushing snake oil. And if you spent that money on a gym, personal trainer, workout apparel etc...then you could actually become fit and (gasp) healthy.
Ummm I take all natrual vitamins and have lost 40 pds in 2 months and I am pretty sure it all isn't water weight!!! If you don't like the "fad" diets than just don't comment because you are wasting your time ppl will do as they please!! It doesn't matter if its lipo, gastric bypass, pills, whatever America has made women and men alike feel if they are not 100 pds they are worthless so yes ppl will try anything to get down even 10 pds! Anorexica and Bulima is on the rise because of "Skinny America"!! Have you seen a fat Victoria secret model? I haven't. Also it's funny when I was fat no guy wanted anything to do with me unless it was sex which wasn't gonna happen, now I look damn good and they want relationships, I have turned from being a bag of candy to arm candy! However I will cont to stay single until I am liked for more than what I look like cause I am a damn awesome person and I haven't changed since losing the weight!! So bottom line is place the blame on "skinny America" I would love to see some healthy girls and guys on tv or movies not toothpicks!!!
Jennie

Charleston, WV

#54 Jan 5, 2013
Seriously wrote:
BTW, we would like the names of these physicians who are allegedly recommending 99 day diet shake challenges to their patients as a form of increasing their overall health. Since they feel so strongly about your little product, then I cannot imagine they would take issue with your divulging this info. That way when the class action lawsuits start rolling in, these docs can stand behind you and the uber-scientific nutrition developers at Visalus (i.e. bunch of marketing douchebags).
WE?? I believe you meant YOU!!! No one else on here is complaining or telling ppl what they should or should not do, they are sharing their stories of success and if it works for them than so be it!! AGAIN YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME!!!
Jennie

Charleston, WV

#55 Jan 5, 2013
jodi is no teacher wrote:
<quoted text> Not sure what kind of shake the Body by Vi is, but all shakes are not simply protein shakes. The ones I do are vitamin packed and I add sugar-free juices, real fruits, peanut butter, etc. for whatever flavor I might want. I make mine healthy! People have different ways of being successful on their road to weight-loss and getting healthy. Exercise is a no-brainer! We all need more exercise. But, allowing others to choose their own way is how I think people end up staying true to their program. Lots of ways to lose, and lots of those ways are healthy. If you can pick the right foods and have the time to prepare them, that's good. But, some of us need to find something which is quicker to prepare and satiate us so we won't reach for those candy bars, chips, etc. which are too readily available and very quick to rip into and gobble down! Fruits are good, veggies are good, but they are certainly not the only ways to lose the weight. YES, move around a little more, but choose your own way to lose your weight and make sure it's something healthy and that you can live with most of the time. No one person on here or anywhere else has all the answers for all the people. NO ONE. That's the truth!
Girl you look good so it's working for ya! Keep it up
Seriously

United States

#56 Jan 5, 2013
Jennie wrote:
<quoted text>
WE?? I believe you meant YOU!!! No one else on here is complaining or telling ppl what they should or should not do, they are sharing their stories of success and if it works for them than so be it!! AGAIN YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME!!!
I'm not telling anyone what to do. Just pointing out that common sense and commitment and hard work are all you need. You don't have to waste money on fads. You apparently don't grasp the concept that starving your body of certain nutrients can cause serious health concerns.
tony scrarberry

Northfork, WV

#57 Jan 5, 2013
there is something called running that ppl used to do. it don't work as good as meth or diet pills but does not have the side effects. life style change is the "ONLY" way to keep it off for good
Jennie

Charleston, WV

#58 Jan 6, 2013
Seriously.. You are wasting your breathe though no one is listening because no one cares, I am not trying to be rude but I don't take diet pills I take vitamins, you can look it up! Yes they do promote healthy weight loss and I have changed my eatting habits immensly however due to a severe back injury I cannot excericse and believe me I do what I can which isn't much but the vitamins have worked miracles for not only me but a lot of others I know!! As I said this is "skinny america" and it's broadcasted everywhere, I can say thank God it is getting better by having heavier ppl on tv but for every heavy person there are 5 skin and bones type ppl! The BMI at the Drs offices are so wrong I should weigh 95-105 I would look like I did Meth as Tony believes everyone does who wants to lose weight (FALSE) I weigh way above where I should be but yet no one would know this as everyone thinks I weigh 50 pds less than I do as I carry it well! So if I went down to my BMI I am suppose to be at I would be gross looking! I don't want to be skinny I don't want to be fat I want to be HEALTHY!! That is what everyone should work towards! But everyone is going to continue to follow fad diets because they are anorexic celebrity endorsed!! As for me I will continue the natrual way which has worked amazingly for me!
Seriously

Charleston, WV

#59 Jan 10, 2013
Jennie wrote:
Seriously.. You are wasting your breathe though no one is listening because no one cares, I am not trying to be rude but I don't take diet pills I take vitamins, you can look it up! Yes they do promote healthy weight loss and I have changed my eatting habits immensly however due to a severe back injury I cannot excericse and believe me I do what I can which isn't much but the vitamins have worked miracles for not only me but a lot of others I know!! As I said this is "skinny america" and it's broadcasted everywhere, I can say thank God it is getting better by having heavier ppl on tv but for every heavy person there are 5 skin and bones type ppl! The BMI at the Drs offices are so wrong I should weigh 95-105 I would look like I did Meth as Tony believes everyone does who wants to lose weight (FALSE) I weigh way above where I should be but yet no one would know this as everyone thinks I weigh 50 pds less than I do as I carry it well! So if I went down to my BMI I am suppose to be at I would be gross looking! I don't want to be skinny I don't want to be fat I want to be HEALTHY!! That is what everyone should work towards! But everyone is going to continue to follow fad diets because they are anorexic celebrity endorsed!! As for me I will continue the natrual way which has worked amazingly for me!
I was only responding to some of the examples in this forum and providing actual, fact-driven, advice AND encouragement when I thought it was appropriate. I'm no directing this at you, but I couldn't care less how many morons develop severe health issues resulting from doing idiotic sh*t and/or losing weight at an unhealthy rate in an unsafe manner. I also coudn't care less how anyone lives his/her life, I was only engaging in a discussion, and, as always, when I said things people don't necessarily like to hear (but they can't refute because I don't state opions without specifying so) it turned into an argument. Typical redneck reactionary b.s.

It is the typical defiant, lazy, entitlement-driven sedentary West Virginians who thrive on instant gratification which have given rise to the "epidemic" of morbid obesity around this region. Until people begin to change their ways of thinking and develop long-term, sustainable lifestyle changes, they don't have a prayer. Vitamins,(most) "supplements," fad diets, starvation, drugs, surgery, etc...are NOT the answer. They are myths and scams propegated by those who benefit most just like you said. Also, you are very correct about the BMI scale. I mentioned that way earlier in this forum.
Seriously

Charleston, WV

#60 Jan 10, 2013
Jojo wrote:
"Seriously " allow people to do what they want , if it works for someone one allow it & let them be happy ( y u gotta be like a rain cloud ?)
If wanna research it n it makes you happy crack on but just allow others happiness please
You sound like a typical undereducated person but I'm sure it's not your fault. Good luck with that. Is that encouraging enough?
Donnie

Berkeley Springs, WV

#61 Jan 10, 2013
I tried bee pollen once but never will again. That sumbitch stung me 4 times tryin' to take it away from him. From now on them bee's can just keep their pollen. I'm goin' to Ryan's and eat me a steak. Ta hell with it.
luvin it

Charleston, WV

#62 Jan 10, 2013
Donnie wrote:
I tried bee pollen once but never will again. That sumbitch stung me 4 times tryin' to take it away from him. From now on them bee's can just keep their pollen. I'm goin' to Ryan's and eat me a steak. Ta hell with it.
LOL! I needed that today! I actually envisioned you doing this, and I almost spit my diet soda (I know, I know---bad stuff!) out on my desk when I read your post. Thanks for a much needed chuckle.:))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Go Texas 11 min George 1
Wendy Roberts (Feb '17) 1 hr boo 5
Men are so VAIN these days 1 hr Sad 3
Boll Medical 1 hr whoknew 2
Alright ladies, be honest, which is your ideal ... 1 hr James 50
Would you marry your spouse if you could go bac... 2 hr James 11
Justice Workman caught up in a another scam 2 hr Stupid 6

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance