Nelson Mandela just another convicted...

Nelson Mandela just another convicted felon

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#1 Dec 6, 2013
It beehooves me that some individuals feel the need to glorify a person that is nothing more than a convicted felon. The guy spent almost a 3rd of his life incarcerated.
really

Charleston, WV

#2 Dec 6, 2013
yea and he spent for exspressing his feelings dude.
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#3 Dec 6, 2013
What you call expressing his feelings I call being lazy and living off his government. He was nothing more than a trouble maker looking for a free handout. Sort of like Martin Luther King. Wherever he went trouble was sure to find him.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jacksom are also that way. Speaking of Jesse I wonder if he's been to visit his son in the slammer? You know the one who was recently sentenced for stealing money and what not.

None of the above people I mentioned are role models so why pretend they are? Geez!
coot

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 6, 2013
Triple K wrote:
What you call expressing his feelings I call being lazy and living off his government. He was nothing more than a trouble maker looking for a free handout. Sort of like Martin Luther King. Wherever he went trouble was sure to find him.
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jacksom are also that way. Speaking of Jesse I wonder if he's been to visit his son in the slammer? You know the one who was recently sentenced for stealing money and what not.
None of the above people I mentioned are role models so why pretend they are? Geez!
He was a great man. Interesting how you have so much hate for all black men. Pull that sheet down over your head and crawl back under a rock you racist pos. You suck. I'm ashamed to live in a place with people like you in it.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 6, 2013
Triple K

I have to give you credit. You truly have a knack for creating controversial thoughts. What others see is a man that was held CAPTIVE for enticing the very same actions that created OUR great nation. It very well could have been Thomas Jefferson, George Washington or Ben Franklin. Thank Goodness it wasn't because YOU would not be permitted to express your opinions as you do. I suggest you research and educate yourself on the political history of South Africa.
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 6, 2013
Coot you're the one who brought up race not me. Although it is interesting that the above people I mentioned all are African Americans except one and he really is an african.

And just what made him great. If it's because he was a black man inprisoned then hell 2/3 of all African Americans would be considered great now wouldn't they

Coot my question of the day and this pertains to anyone who wants to chime in is

Just what made that convicted felon great?
coot

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 6, 2013
Triple K wrote:
Coot you're the one who brought up race not me. Although it is interesting that the above people I mentioned all are African Americans except one and he really is an african.
And just what made him great. If it's because he was a black man inprisoned then hell 2/3 of all African Americans would be considered great now wouldn't they
Coot my question of the day and this pertains to anyone who wants to chime in is
Just what made that convicted felon great?
Google apartheid. Try to learn.
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 6, 2013
MsKamish

All Nelson wanted was a way not to have to work for a living. He's just an old (well he is dead now) version of Jesse and Al. In my humble opinion all Nelson did was stir up controversy and chaos. Just like his counterpart Martin, wherever he goes trouble is not far behind. And you morons call that GREAT? Surely you jest?

Hell" if you go to the Charleston Transit mall and interview a few of the patrons there and ask them about Nelson Mandella half will say you mean the guy in the NBA and the other half will say who, Nelson who, never heard of him.

That old geezer is yesterdays news.
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 6, 2013
And another thing MsKamish shame on you for trying to compare him to some of our great forefathers. You really have some nerve.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 6, 2013
Nerve, You have no idea... absolutely.

What your small mind may not realize is that he is the equivalent to MANY leaders in the Western world who DARED to question standards that were punitive based upon RACE. South Africa was one of the great hold-outs, until his efforts and ideas were promoted and supported by the Western world. Preventing ANYONE from having a "VOICE" concerning their own destiny is atrocious.
Shame on you for trying to promote so much ignorance....but I still give you credit for proving yourself to be what you are
opp

Charleston, WV

#11 Dec 6, 2013
So I came into work this morning and see the U.S. flags at half staff and I thought to myself, I wonder what brave soldier, police officer, firefighter, or other brave soul belonging to this great country was killed. Then when I checked the news quickly, I noticed Obama ordered the flags down which was not shocking at all. What has this man done for the United States? Not a damn thing, thats what. Yes, he has done great things for people in South Africa no doubt, but really our flags at half staff? Give me a Fu$k(% break. This is nothing but Obama rallying his race. Doesnt have a damn thing to do with his legacy in South Africa. Had Mandela been a white civil leader, flags would still be flying full staff. Lord forbid, they honor fallen troops in this country. Cant wait until 2016 when he is gone.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#12 Dec 6, 2013
I know it may be difficult for you to fathom...but WE are not the ONLY country that has had great leaders.....easiest example....someone commissioned the Mayflower...remember that?
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#13 Dec 6, 2013
The flags were placed at half-staff when Pope John Paul died...he wasn't an American. It is done for respect for someone's position
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#14 Dec 6, 2013
You know msKamish some countries have leaders with pretty descent ideas, but they're not able to get them across in the right way. You ever hear of a man named Hitler? If not, then just google the name and do some research on his ideas. They're really not as bad as you think. Really they're not.

All and allow me to add some humor into the mix

What was the first thing Lincoln said after he awoke from a 3 day drunk?

I did WHAT?

Now see Lincoln was a great leader with bad ideas.

Anyway none of this has anything to do with Nelson so let's just let it go.

Like I said he is yesterdays news.
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#15 Dec 6, 2013
MsKamish

I wonder how much money that pope allowed the church to cough up for all those lawsuits for his posse raping those little boys? if you don't think he knew then you are just a liar!

Think about that. The leader of the catholic world knowing full well his followers were diddling little boys and yet we lower our colors in honor of thousands of child molesters.

Lord this country is going to hell and a hand basket.
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#16 Dec 6, 2013
Did you object then or is it only now because of a Color issue? And are you saying that you offered opposition to that on the basis of protecting children? What about the children that are abused on a regular basis in and around the world that have no voice. Are you saying you participate in the battle against child abuse, inn some form or fashion? If you do I applaud you. I wonder how you distinguish those you help by the color of their skin. You do realize that people of color are Catholic as well?
Triple K

Charleston, WV

#17 Dec 6, 2013
No MsKamish all I am saying is that the catholic church has been allowing their priests to rape little boys for years and years and all at the same time covering it up. In several instances they just moved them from one parish to another knowing full well it would happen at the new location. They have more money than most 3rd world nations so they were able to buy thier way out and are still doing it.

We, knowing full well that Pope John Paul knew and covered up the abuse of only God knows how many children around the world, of all colors mind you, and we still lowered our flad in his honor.

If that doesn't sicken you a little then you have problems.

Basically what I am saying is that the catholic church is chalked full of priests that are child molesters and no one seems to care.

No, color doesn't matter when it's a child.

Point in case Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno were practicing catholics. Paterno knew what Jerry was doing for years yet still allowed him to be around children.

I am done with this subject it is too disturbing for me to go on.

Bottom line is that Nelson Mandella isn't a hero in my book. He was just an ex con who lived off others. Nothing more nothing less.
opp

Charleston, WV

#18 Dec 6, 2013
MsKamish wrote:
The flags were placed at half-staff when Pope John Paul died...he wasn't an American. It is done for respect for someone's position
That is because he died in 2005. Obama was not in office then.
really

Charleston, WV

#19 Dec 6, 2013
yea an ex con that was imprisoned for his beliefs. grow up dude
MsKamish

Charleston, WV

#20 Dec 6, 2013
opp wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because he died in 2005. Obama was not in office then.
The POINT is, is that it is a CUSTOM, or TRADITION of Honor. He was also awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, was that because he was black? Oh Good Grief you just can't get it and now I have offered something else to complain about...... Get over the Color thing...it's OLD....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Gilz selling meth out of Jefferson Adult s... 12 min Spanks 3
Captain D's or Long John Silvers 18 min Truth teller 11
Play James Brown 40 min bulk 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 41 min looney 4,250
Pretty black girl working at Ryans in South Cha... 50 min HUNTINGTON 56
NASCAR drivers not taking a knee 1 hr Monica 6
Boycotting the NFL 1 hr wallbanger 14

Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance